PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport What are the taxes for transferring a car to Spanish plates?

doingok
08-11-2012, 13:19
can some please tell me the cost for the tax's i know you have to pay 51.60 euros but is it 4% of the cost of the car or a minimum 115 euros. to transfer my name from the last owner.

cheers

Goldenmaniac
09-11-2012, 02:05
The Administración Tributaria Canaria have a fixed valuation for all vehicles and then there is a depreciation quotient used to lower the value for the age of vehicle - so each car is different. You can ring 012 and ask for Informacion tributaria basica to get a quote or you can go into the Zentral Centre and ask them to calculate it for you.

Don't try and declare too little because they only come back at you later and claw back the difference plus interest!!

doingok
09-11-2012, 03:54
Cheers goldenmaniac the number 012 all spanish? and can you tell me were is the Zentral centre.
I paid a gestor to do it for me tax he's say's 51 euro which i think is right but then 115 euro's for another tax which sound high as i only paid 1000 euro's for the car?

cheers

Goldenmaniac
09-11-2012, 09:30
Yes 012 info is in Spanish, Zentral Centre is just down from the Hospiten Sur, but it's unlikely that a professional has got it wrong - what you actually paid for the car has little or no bearing on the tax levied unless you pay more than the official valuation and then yo are supposed to pay more!

doingok
09-11-2012, 10:58
Cheers just i have had 2 cars done on with the same guy both the same price though car are different prices paid and one car more than double the price of the second. both 167 euros in tax's????????????????

(just do not like to be ripped off though maybe i am not lol)

Cheers doingok

casabonny
09-11-2012, 14:33
If a car is under 10 years old then tax is 4 % of the official valuation . If however the Adar is more than 10 years old and under 2000cc then fixed taxes apply dependent on engine size and regardless of official valuation
ask your gestor for the 620 and you will be able to see what he has declared and how much tax has been paid on each car. you should have these documents as if there is a query in the future you need to be able to prove your case!

doingok
09-11-2012, 18:33
cheers guys