PDA

View Full Version : Will Loro Parque be open at this time of year?

RachyRoo
09-11-2012, 10:44
Hi everyone,

We fly over 2 weeks today (woohoo) and I have been promising the kids for the last 2 years that we would go to Loro Park this trip as the bad weather stopped us from making the trip up north. I know the weather has been really bad in the North lately, and have been wondering if it's worth us risking a trip up there, I don't really want to drag the kids around there in the rain (I know it's closed at the moment anyway) as it would be a non stop moan fest! I was wondering what the Jungle Park is like and wether it's worth going there instead? Any info would be really handy. Were staying in Torviscas Alto so Jungle Park would be easier (&cheaper) but honestly have no idea what it's like.

Thanks in advance!

Rachael x

TenerifeTeddy
09-11-2012, 13:27
Loro Parque was only closed for one day AFAIK. The bad weather which is very rare anyway has passed for now, and Loro Parque is definitely worth a visit. It has the orcas, dolphins, sea lions & parrots, all of which have their own shows, plus the large Aquarium and Penguinarium and Tree Top walk, plus all the other wildlife displays. It's a brilliant day out.

I haven't visited the Jungle park but it seems quite popular, though some reports suggest it is a bit run down. Other members I am sure will give you an opinion.

tracy hampshire
09-11-2012, 17:15
it's only closed 4 times in 4 years, so i would'nt worry about it being closed, & yes well worth the trip:)