PDA

View Full Version : Can I get a bus to Ikea from Los Cristianos?

Myra
10-11-2012, 23:22
Can I get a bus to Leroy Merlin's and Ikea from Los Christianos?, because I am a bit of a chicken and will not drive up to the North.

SeanC
11-11-2012, 00:21
Oh dear....you're in for a bit of a trek Myra. This is TITSA we're talking about after all rolleyes2:

I reckon you're best taking the 110 express to Santa Cruz bus station & then changing onto the 233 which, if I recall correctly, leaves you on the opposite side of the dual carriageway which runs past the Alcampo Shopping Centre, Leroy Merlin & Ikea.

Technically your stop is Chumberas, the 3rd last stop on the route of the 233.
See here http://titsa.com/index.php?accion=linea&IdLinea=233

:goodluck:

brianandelaine
11-11-2012, 10:10
Just drive roads and driving rules are just the same in the north as they are in the south much quicker and cheaper plus you look a bit daft lugging a mop and bucket across a duel carriage way and on a bus.

carolethatch
11-11-2012, 11:26
Have done this a few times, and had a laugh our first time. There is a bridge going across the motorway, so don't worry there. If you are going up to order big items, then there should be no reason to carry anything back as they do deliver down south at a reasonable price.

kiwiphil
11-11-2012, 11:43
You should drive, its really quite easy. Leave early on a Sunday, say 7am. The roads will be almost empty. And its all motorway, so no real difference to driving between Adeje and Los Christianos.

Use Google maps street view and work out where you are going, check out what signs to look out for and it'll be straight forward.

deepdivejunkie
11-11-2012, 19:02
You should drive, its really quite easy. Leave early on a Sunday, say 7am. The roads will be almost empty. .

Ikea are not open on Sundays!!

chifleta
11-11-2012, 20:51
Ikea are not open on Sundays!!

You took the words out of my mouth... or should I say fingers :whistle:

kiwiphil
14-11-2012, 10:43
You took the words out of my mouth... or should I say fingers :whistle:

Ah .... but you'd be there REALLY early for Monday though :)

ok, so repeat instructions but on Saturday!

Josie100
14-04-2013, 14:45
Found this very useful and funny. as needed a new three piece suite. As in the UK this was a problem. Called into Santa Cruz on a cruise liner. Cab 10euros to Ikea bought the furniture and they will be delivering to the south when we are over. They were very helpful and I wondered about getting up there via bus in the future as we do not have a car.

Cas
14-04-2013, 21:14
Yes I've been up on the bus but I catch a different one in Santa Cruz to the other people have said. I don't go across the motorway to get there as the bus stops before a small bridge and I walk up a little hill and am there. But I do catch it back at the motorway bus stop coming back. The staff in the bus station at Santa Cruz are really good and they will advise you which bus to get on and I ask the bus driver to tell me when its time to get off. I've never had a problem getting there.

Josie100
15-04-2013, 22:28
All information greatly received. Many thanks.