PDA

View Full Version : The Tenerife Forum tapas trail

malagabob
12-11-2012, 10:36
We did have a tapas trail on this site before I seem to remember, dont know where its gone so I thought I would start one again.
Just name your favorite place and where it is.

El Cine In a lane behind the boat trip shop just off Los Cristianos harbour

Bar Rosys opposite Guardia Civil, C/ Noelia Alfonso Cabrera.

MOD EDIT >

The Tenerife Forum Google Map for the Tapas Route from the old forum is HERE (https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=202110563704789941117.0004997f813014950b19 9&msa=0).

canarybird
12-11-2012, 11:12
La Bodeguita de Enfrente (http://www.labodeguitadeenfrente.net/) Cuesta de la villa, Santa Ursula.

My photos taken there (http://canarybird.smugmug.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumID=7291107&AlbumKey=4JxFjQ).

Tito's Bodeguita (http://www.titosbodeguita.com/) en San Nicolas, between Puerto de la Cruz and La Orotava.

My photos taken there. (http://canarybird.smugmug.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumID=18600955&AlbumKey=f55f89)

San Diego Restaurante (http://www.restaurantesandiego.es/) (& tapas) El Rincon, La Orotava

Many photos used on their website are mine.

Canarybird

marbro8
12-11-2012, 11:28
i would love to try tappas but unless they sold something like chicken or steak it would be pointless us going because my wife would just not try it:(, my friend who has his own apartment in san eugenio told me about 2 places he tried a few weeks ago, 0ne was just past san telmo walking toward the shopping area just past the target bar on your right, there is a place on the corner there, between them they had 2 bottles of beer 2 coffees and two never ending tappas and the bill came to 20 euros, they did a runner after paying the bill because they thought they had under charged them:laugh:, but after returning again they realised they hadn't,he also mentioned another place opposite la carva just a little cafe type bar at the rear of el cine, the same again loads of tappas and 4 drinks 20 euros, sorry for being a bit vague about where they are but i am sure someone will know what they are called;)

Fivepence
12-11-2012, 12:42
i would love to try tappas but unless they sold something like chicken or steak it would be pointless us going because my wife would just not try it:(, my friend who has his own apartment in san eugenio told me about 2 places he tried a few weeks ago, 0ne was just past san telmo walking toward the shopping area just past the target bar on your right, there is a place on the corner there, between them they had 2 bottles of beer 2 coffees and two never ending tappas and the bill came to 20 euros, they did a runner after paying the bill because they thought they had under charged them:laugh:, but after returning again they realised they hadn't,he also mentioned another place opposite la carva just a little cafe type bar at the rear of el cine, the same again loads of tappas and 4 drinks 20 euros, sorry for being a bit vague about where they are but i am sure someone will know what they are called;)

The first one you mentioned is El Faro see here (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Los+Cristianos,+Arona,+Spain&hl=en&ll=28.051438,-16.720615&spn=0.001835,0.00202&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=10.613487,16.54541&oq=los+cristianos&hnear=Los+Cristianos,+Arona,+Province+of+Santa+Cru z+de+Tenerife,+Canary+Islands,+Spain&t=m&z=19&layer=c&cbll=28.051434,-16.720615&panoid=WGPEMAi9FjM6xaCKZ988Aw&cbp=12,167.62,,0,0.96)

Not sure about the second one you mentioned but there used to be one with a boat outside, may have been called El Barco! This was in the alley behind El Cine.

Malteser Monkey
12-11-2012, 12:45
The first one you mentioned is El Faro see here (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en)

Not sure about the second one you mentioned but there used to be one with a boat outside, may have been called El Barco! This was in the alley behind El Cine.

That link is showing UK and Ireland mate

Fivepence
12-11-2012, 12:52
Not having a good day, am I MM.

I think I've sorted it now. Thanks for pointing out my error.:)

marbro8
12-11-2012, 13:12
you may be right be right about el faro but if you go to the one with the boat turn right up the steps past jesus trips and it is just down there about 20 yards on the right i think? it has only been open about a month, the guy is spanish and i think his wife ie english;)

Fivepence
12-11-2012, 13:35
you may be right be right about el faro but if you go to the one with the boat turn right up the steps past jesus trips and it is just down there about 20 yards on the right i think? it has only been open about a month, the guy is spanish and i think his wife ie english;)

I haven't visited the island since Nov 2008 mate, so I can't add any info on the second tapas bar.
However they was a tapas bar just further up than Piccolo on San Telmo that was good.
It was run by a couple of young Scandinavian blokes and it was called La Costa.

marbro8
12-11-2012, 13:52
I haven't visited the island since Nov 2008 mate, so I can't add any info on the second tapas bar.
However they was a tapas bar just further up than Piccolo on San Telmo that was good.
It was run by a couple of young Scandinavian blokes and it was called La Costa.yes there is another one just by there that comes highly recommended called watermelon;) and i tried your link and it was el faro cheers;)

Malteser Monkey
12-11-2012, 14:02
Not having a good day, am I MM.

I think I've sorted it now. Thanks for pointing out my error.:)

sorted !.....

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

But Tapas covers so many foods couldn't even begin to list them, it's a bit of everything

anyone tried Arepas ?

wigjam
12-11-2012, 15:07
The food at Tapas and Chill in Golf del Sur is good and quite Anglicised which may suit your wife.
Placeres in Los Abrigos also does superb tapas and I'd gree about Watermelon and there are several others in the San Telmp area that are excellent , you also have a view whilst you eat.

canarybird
12-11-2012, 16:24
Yes Malteser....I do love arepas. There's a place on the old road past La Vera in Puerto De La Cruz called La Carajita that specializes in these Venezuelan tapas made from crusty corn bread shells with assorted fillings. When I have visitors from Canada I always take them there. A novelty for those who have never tried them and a filling for every taste.

Malteser Monkey
12-11-2012, 16:28
Yes Malteser....I do love arepas. There's a place on the old road past La Vera in Puerto De La Cruz called La Carajita that specializes in these Venezuelan tapas made from crusty corn bread shells with assorted fillings. When I have visitors from Canada I always take them there. A novelty for those who have never tried them and a filling for every taste.

I love the carne mechada and a plain old ham and cheese one - have tried looking for the flour here but can't find it !

used to be a place round the corner from El trebol on the Cristianos roundabout above the Mazda garage - tho that's probably all changed now

malagabob
12-11-2012, 16:40
The first one you mentioned is El Faro see here (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Los+Cristianos,+Arona,+Spain&hl=en&ll=28.051438,-16.720615&spn=0.001835,0.00202&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=10.613487,16.54541&oq=los+cristianos&hnear=Los+Cristianos,+Arona,+Province+of+Santa+Cru z+de+Tenerife,+Canary+Islands,+Spain&t=m&z=19&layer=c&cbll=28.051434,-16.720615&panoid=WGPEMAi9FjM6xaCKZ988Aw&cbp=12,167.62,,0,0.96)

I think you mean the El Bote FP. In an alley, just on the corner next along from the El Cine entrance. Alas no longer there. been gone a few years. An elderly chap used to serve there .Dont know what happened to him, past away maybe.There was a lady serving there for the next few years.

RETEPYELKNIRB
12-11-2012, 16:59
Anywhere recommended in Fanabe area?

marbro8
12-11-2012, 17:25
tbh i have never stopped and had a look at what a tapas menu consists of? you are sometimes hassled by pr's so you just walk away or just the thought of it consisting of something like squid just puts my wife off looking lol, so could someone actually give me an idea as to some of the things on a tapas menu ? i know it is lots of small amounts of food tasters as opposed to a large plate of one meal, but do you get say a choice of about 5-10-20 dishes? and chose 3 like a 3 course meal? or can you try say 20 really small mouthfuls? i really don't know???

Fivepence
12-11-2012, 17:37
I think you mean the El Bote FP. In an alley, just on the corner next along from the El Cine entrance. Alas no longer there. been gone a few years. An elderly chap used to serve there .Dont know what happened to him, past away maybe.There was a lady serving there for the next few years.

Yes, that was it's name Bob. :thanx:

Malteser Monkey
12-11-2012, 17:50
tbh i have never stopped and had a look at what a tapas menu consists of? you are sometimes hassled by pr's so you just walk away or just the thought of it consisting of something like squid just puts my wife off looking lol, so could someone actually give me an idea as to some of the things on a tapas menu ? i know it is lots of small amounts of food tasters as opposed to a large plate of one meal, but do you get say a choice of about 5-10-20 dishes? and chose 3 like a 3 course meal? or can you try say 20 really small mouthfuls? i really don't know???

ok just quickly as I'm off in a mo

Garlic prawns or mushrooms sometimes served with scrambled eggs (try it lovely) Carne con papas (meat and potato stew - you have to try this unless veggie) croquettes (can be fish, chickenetc) parma ham and cold meats , Ensaladilla russo (russian salad - tuna, potato and onion mashed together with mayo and can have peas or other veg and olives) little chicken wings in a sauce, meatballs in a tomato sauce etc etc and yes quid and octupus (not for me thanks !) omelettes as well

it's just like ordering a load of starters

There you go - google tapas menus

You must try them - the croquettes are usually home made so vary and are scrummy

sorry for the spelling typing quickly

Fivepence
12-11-2012, 18:00
They do deep fried small green peppers as well that are delicious.
Sorry couldn't remember what they are called so googled it........................Pimientos Padron.

karinagal
12-11-2012, 22:21
They do deep fried small green peppers as well that are delicious.
Sorry couldn't remember what they are called so googled it........................Pimientos Padron.

Is that the peppers which are drowned in salt? Hubby tried those - he was so thirsty, I caught him licking the condensation off the windows.....! :p :D :p

Fivepence
12-11-2012, 22:26
Is that the peppers which are drowned in salt? Hubby tried those - he was so thirsty, I caught him licking the condensation off the windows.....! :p :D :p

Yes Karina, they are deep fried until a bit crispy and then sprinkled with sea salt.
I suppose the amount of salt is optional.

canarybird
13-11-2012, 01:08
Here they are: Pimientos de Padrón.
A serving is usually good for 2 to 4 persons as one of several tapas otherwise so much salt can be a bit overwhelming.

http://canarybird.smugmug.com/Gardens/SummerFall-2012/i-fX8BnMs/0/L/P1160595-L.jpg

Jelly Baby
13-11-2012, 08:58
Take a little trip out to Las Galletas. Lots of places to try for Tapas, including on the sea front.

malagabob
13-11-2012, 09:52
The only tapas bar I can remember in Puerto del Cruz, having only been there many years ago is at Plaza Charco (sp). Used to sell dark German beer.
Marbro8 Tapas are small portions, order as many or as few as you want. Racions are larger portions. Like others, the wife isnt too keen on octopus or squid, but thats the benefit of tapas. One can have what they like, the other something else, and try each others.
Another in Las Americas is Meson Castellano at El Camison. More of a restaurant than a bar, but they do tapas

canarybird
13-11-2012, 12:10
Malagabob....Plaza del Charco now has many outdoor cafeterias where tapas are served and in most places one can order a full plate or a single portion of a tapa. There's a popular German bar which has been there for quite a while and that could be where you had that dark beer. They also serve German sausages and snacks.

Traditionally individual tapas are served in small boat-shaped dishes with about three or four mouthfuls of the selected tapa, served with a couple of slices of crusty baguette bread, and served along with a drink while sitting or standing up at a bar. Example:

Here's a good website which explains tapas, TAPAS 101 (http://azahar-sevilla.com/sevilletapas/tapas-101/), and although they are of the type found in Sevilla on the Spanish mainland, with some different from those found in Canary Islands, many are the same.

From a link on the same website, a comprehensive list of Spanish snacks and tapas translated into English. TAPAS TRANSLATED (http://azahar-sevilla.com/sevilletapas/translations/).

If you're not familiar with tapas and don't care for unfamiliar seafood, a nice tapas combo is ensaladilla rusa (potato and vegetable salad with mayonnaise, usually containing tinned tuna) and albondigas en salsa (little meatballs in gravy) with a bit of bread and a glass of wine.

Another simple tapa is meat and potatoes in gravy (carne con papas):

Or here...meatballs in gravy with chips (albondigas con papas fritas):

Tapas are good....don't pass them by if you can find a good tapas bar. :)

Canarybird

Fivepence
13-11-2012, 12:30
The only tapas bar I can remember in Puerto del Cruz, having only been there many years ago is at Plaza Charco (sp). Used to sell dark German beer.
Marbro8 Tapas are small portions, order as many or as few as you want. Racions are larger portions. Like others, the wife isnt too keen on octopus or squid, but thats the benefit of tapas. One can have what they like, the other something else, and try each others.
Another in Las Americas is Meson Castellano at El Camison. More of a restaurant than a bar, but they do tapas

That is where I had Pimientos de Padrón as a starter (shared of course), followed by lots fof meat for main.
I really enjoyed it there, typical Canarian.

Malteser Monkey
13-11-2012, 12:46
Malagabob....Plaza del Charco now has many outdoor cafeterias where tapas are served and in most places one can order a full plate or a single portion of a tapa. There's a popular German bar which has been there for quite a while and that could be where you had that dark beer. They also serve German sausages and snacks.

Traditionally individual tapas are served in small boat-shaped dishes with about three or four mouthfuls of the selected tapa, served with a couple of slices of crusty baguette bread, and served along with a drink while sitting or standing up at a bar. Example:

Here's a good website which explains tapas, TAPAS 101 (http://azahar-sevilla.com/sevilletapas/tapas-101/), and although they are of the type found in Sevilla on the Spanish mainland, with some different from those found in Canary Islands, many are the same.

From a link on the same website, a comprehensive list of Spanish snacks and tapas translated into English. TAPAS TRANSLATED (http://azahar-sevilla.com/sevilletapas/translations/).

If you're not familiar with tapas and don't care for unfamiliar seafood, a nice tapas combo is ensaladilla rusa (potato and vegetable salad with mayonnaise, usually containing tinned tuna) and albondigas en salsa (little meatballs in gravy) with a bit of bread and a glass of wine.

Another simple tapa is meat and potatoes in gravy (carne con papas):

Or here...meatballs in gravy with chips (albondigas con papas fritas):

Tapas are good....don't pass them by if you can find a good tapas bar. :)

Canarybird

CB did you have to my mouth watering now and it's nearly lunchtime !:yum::D

Fivepence
13-11-2012, 12:48
Tuck in MM, have a Wigan tapas.....................meat and prayter pie. :D

Malteser Monkey
13-11-2012, 13:39
Tuck in MM, have a Wigan tapas.....................meat and prayter pie. :D

any gravy with that ?

Fivepence
13-11-2012, 13:42
any gravy with that ?

Aye and mushy peas of course. :hungry:

Malteser Monkey
13-11-2012, 13:46
Aye and mushy peas of course. :hungry:

No ta I prefer peas, garden preferably

murph
13-11-2012, 19:49

If you do a 180 degree turn on the map link (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Los+Cristianos,+Arona,+Spain&hl=en&ll=28.051438,-16.720615&spn=0.001835,0.00202&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=10.613487,16.54541&oq=los+cristianos&hnear=Los+Cristianos,+Arona,+Province+of+Santa+Cru z+de+Tenerife,+Canary+Islands,+Spain&t=m&z=19&layer=c&cbll=28.051434,-16.720615&panoid=WGPEMAi9FjM6xaCKZ988Aw&cbp=12,167.62,,0,0.96) for El Faro, You will See El Caserio on the raised bit opposite. I always visit here, sit on the front porch with a glass of wine and a few Tapas and watch the world go buy.

A Late-middle-aged Spanish couple run it and I actually feel I am in their Living room as they bring out the food and the inside is actually like their Living Room

I love it so much, I actually took pictures of the food - sad I know, and one from the terrace !

Fivepence
13-11-2012, 20:14
[QUOTE=murph;237532]If you do a 180 degree turn on the map link (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Los+Cristianos,+Arona,+Spain&hl=en&ll=28.051438,-16.720615&spn=0.001835,0.00202&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=10.613487,16.54541&oq=los+cristianos&hnear=Los+Cristianos,+Arona,+Province+of+Santa+Cru z+de+Tenerife,+Canary+Islands,+Spain&t=m&z=19&layer=c&cbll=28.051434,-16.720615&panoid=WGPEMAi9FjM6xaCKZ988Aw&cbp=12,167.62,,0,0.96) for El Faro, You will See El Caserio on the raised bit opposite. I always visit here, sit on the front porch with a glass of wine and a few Tapas and watch the world go buy.

A Late-middle-aged Spanish couple run it and I actually feel I am in their Living room as they bring out the food and the inside is actually like their Living Room

I love it so much, I actually took pictures of the food - sad I know, and one from the terrace !

Yes Dave, I agree. :agree:
I have eaten there as well and the fish dishes are fabulous.
At first, I thought you meant the small bar on the corner immediately opposite El Faro.
Some of the small Canarian places are gems.
I always go here (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Los+Cristianos,+Arona,+Spain&hl=en&ll=28.05256,-16.715591&spn=0.001834,0.00202&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=10.613487,16.54541&oq=los+cristianos&hnear=Los+Cristianos,+Arona,+Province+of+Santa+Cru z+de+Tenerife,+Canary+Islands,+Spain&t=m&layer=c&cbll=28.052592,-16.71604&panoid=tGHincYk8SgiI9f8-GsCcQ&cbp=12,307.9,,0,21.45&z=19) for paella.

chifleta
13-11-2012, 22:32

in the typical Canarian bars you can get e.g. croquettes, chicken in sauce, squid in sauce, octopus in vinegagrette/oil with raw peppers and onions, choco (cuttlefish... my favourite), fried pork, ensaladilla (russian potato salad), tuna in sauce, fish in batter, boiled eggs stuffed, ohhhh tortilla Española :) can't forget that....

I always go here (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Los+Cristianos,+Arona,+Spain&hl=en&ll=28.05256,-16.715591&spn=0.001834,0.00202&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=10.613487,16.54541&oq=los+cristianos&hnear=Los+Cristianos,+Arona,+Province+of+Santa+Cru z+de+Tenerife,+Canary+Islands,+Spain&t=m&layer=c&cbll=28.052592,-16.71604&panoid=tGHincYk8SgiI9f8-GsCcQ&cbp=12,307.9,,0,21.45&z=19) for paella.

I actually lived in this street nearly 20 years ago.... and i've never been in that restaurant LOL

Fivepence
13-11-2012, 22:47
in the typical Canarian bars you can get e.g. croquettes, chicken in sauce, squid in sauce, octopus in vinegagrette/oil with raw peppers and onions, choco (cuttlefish... my favourite), fried pork, ensaladilla (russian potato salad), tuna in sauce, fish in batter, boiled eggs stuffed, ohhhh tortilla Española :) can't forget that....

I actually lived in this street nearly 20 years ago.... and i've never been in that restaurant LOL

Give it a go if you like paella Chifleta.
My wife and I also like to call in the early afternoon for a drink and a plate of camarones........beltin.

chifleta
13-11-2012, 23:03
Give it a go if you like paella Chifleta.
My wife and I also like to call in the early afternoon for a drink and a plate of camarones........beltin.

Ahhh well, we do love paella but we NEVER have paella in a restaurant because the ones we make are 100% better at less than a 3rd of the price :D and we NEVER have fresh fish in a restaurant because we catch our own :wink: - me, OH and son ate a metre long Garfish the other day between us that OH caught :yum: it weighed 1.5kg (already gutted) would have cost about 30 euros in the restaurant, and all it cost OH was a bit of his time and a couple of smelly prawns LOL

Fivepence
13-11-2012, 23:10
Ahhh well, we do love paella but we NEVER have paella in a restaurant because the ones we make are 100% better at less than a 3rd of the price :D and we NEVER have fresh fish in a restaurant because we catch our own :wink: - me, OH and son ate a metre long Garfish the other day between us that OH caught :yum: it weighed 1.5kg (already gutted) would have cost about 30 euros in the restaurant, and all it cost OH was a bit of his time and a couple of smelly prawns LOL

It's not an expensive restaurant but not as cheap as yours..........Ha Ha
Fair play to your man. :yum:

EDGEY72
14-11-2012, 01:12
Hi Fivepence if your at home in the UK and missing Tapas i believe there is a place in Westhoughton Market, not been myself but keep meaning to, may try get over Saturday cos its going to be a while till get back to Tenerife

murph
14-11-2012, 03:15

What time would you like us round for Dinner??? :whistle:

marbro8
14-11-2012, 09:19
Ahhh well, we do love paella but we NEVER have paella in a restaurant because the ones we make are 100% better at less than a 3rd of the price :D and we NEVER have fresh fish in a restaurant because we catch our own :wink: - me, OH and son ate a metre long Garfish the other day between us that OH caught :yum: it weighed 1.5kg (already gutted) would have cost about 30 euros in the restaurant, and all it cost OH was a bit of his time and a couple of smelly prawns LOLnow thats what the term "living the dream"realy means;)

[QUOTE=murph;237532]If you do a 180 degree turn on the map link (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Los+Cristianos,+Arona,+Spain&hl=en&ll=28.051438,-16.720615&spn=0.001835,0.00202&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=10.613487,16.54541&oq=los+cristianos&hnear=Los+Cristianos,+Arona,+Province+of+Santa+Cru z+de+Tenerife,+Canary+Islands,+Spain&t=m&z=19&layer=c&cbll=28.051434,-16.720615&panoid=WGPEMAi9FjM6xaCKZ988Aw&cbp=12,167.62,,0,0.96) for El Faro, You will See El Caserio on the raised bit opposite. I always visit here, sit on the front porch with a glass of wine and a few Tapas and watch the world go buy.

Yes Dave, I agree. :agree:
I have eaten there as well and the fish dishes are fabulous.
At first, I thought you meant the small bar on the corner immediately opposite El Faro.
Some of the small Canarian places are gems.
I always go here (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Los+Cristianos,+Arona,+Spain&hl=en&ll=28.05256,-16.715591&spn=0.001834,0.00202&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=10.613487,16.54541&oq=los+cristianos&hnear=Los+Cristianos,+Arona,+Province+of+Santa+Cru z+de+Tenerife,+Canary+Islands,+Spain&t=m&layer=c&cbll=28.052592,-16.71604&panoid=tGHincYk8SgiI9f8-GsCcQ&cbp=12,307.9,,0,21.45&z=19) for paella.is that the place where those two beggers sit with their dogs? just before you get to los cris church? we have never even thought of trying there, i always thought it was a cafe bar, are they like most places were you have to have paella for 2? and how much?:yum::laugh:

malagabob
14-11-2012, 10:15
Was going to mention that place next. El Deportivo, opposite El Faro. We normally call in there for our roast chicken.

murph
14-11-2012, 12:45
now thats what the term "living the dream"realy means;)

is that the place where those two beggers sit with their dogs? just before you get to los cris church? we have never even thought of trying there, i always thought it was a cafe bar, are they like most places were you have to have paella for 2? and how much?:yum::laugh:

No it's not by the Church, it's the little one on the left of the roundabout at the Top of the road with Water Melon on it (Is this known as San Telmo? - Apologies if not, I will have just confused you more!)

Opposite El Faro which people seem to know on the corner of the road down to the Ferry Terminal

Fivepence
14-11-2012, 13:17

[QUOTE=Fivepence;237538]is that the place where those two beggers sit with their dogs? just before you get to los cris church? we have never even thought of trying there, i always thought it was a cafe bar, are they like most places were you have to have paella for 2? and how much?:yum::laugh:

It does seem to be getting a bit muddled.

The place Dave is recommending (and I agree) is El Caserio (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Los+Cristianos,+Arona,+Spain&hl=en&ll=28.051296,-16.720454&spn=0.001891,0.00202&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=10.613487,16.54541&oq=los+cristianos&hnear=Los+Cristianos,+Arona,+Province+of+Santa+Cru z+de+Tenerife,+Canary+Islands,+Spain&t=m&layer=c&cbll=28.051434,-16.720615&panoid=WGPEMAi9FjM6xaCKZ988Aw&cbp=12,16.13,,1,3.11&z=19)

The one I recommend for tapas and their paella is Raymond's (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Los+Cristianos,+Arona,+Spain&hl=en&ll=28.052592,-16.71604&spn=0.001891,0.00202&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=10.613487,16.54541&oq=los+cristianos&hnear=Los+Cristianos,+Arona,+Province+of+Santa+Cru z+de+Tenerife,+Canary+Islands,+Spain&t=m&layer=c&cbll=28.052592,-16.71604&panoid=tGHincYk8SgiI9f8-GsCcQ&cbp=12,307.9,,0,21.45&z=19)

Raymond's is on the taxi rank road heading towards the petrol station.
Not sure if you can order for one but maybe, it isn't an expensive place and it's frequented by tourists and locals.

KirstyJay
14-11-2012, 13:18
The Tenerife Forum Google Map for the Tapas Route from the old forum is HERE (https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=202110563704789941117.0004997f813014950b19 9&msa=0).

chifleta
14-11-2012, 14:20
It's not an expensive restaurant but not as cheap as yours..........Ha Ha
Fair play to your man. :yum:

LOL when we treat ourselves to a night out we go for a nice Indian at the Bombay Blue .... but I do love tapas .... we've just got so good at making paella that it'd be disappointig eating it out.... actually he's just made one for lunch today and it smells yummyyy.... no big prawns or crabs on it today though as it's just a quicky one ....

What time would you like us round for Dinner??? :whistle:

I see you're in Liverpool.... ooops, somehow I don't think you'll get here on time hahaha :raspberry2:

we're very lucky :spin: we enjoy each others company, we are best friends - though I do wish his Scottish fishing mate would come back home here to Tenerife soon, because I don't like going fishing as often as he does LOL especially when it gets colder.

malagabob
28-11-2012, 09:21
Am thinking of visiting a few of the places featured. Anyone been to any yet. Also will try and get to one or two Bodegas featured, and sample the wines.

kevin royan
06-02-2013, 13:46
never had tapas before,at El Faro do you pick ur tapas or do they give you a selection?Do you then pay for each indvidual tapas or just a set amount,scared of looking stupid at the bar

Dizzy blonde
06-02-2013, 15:47
On another forum I am on they have a google map that is a sticky, people recommend eateries and that are marked on the map with the review. Is there something on here similar ? Thank you

fionaeliotjones
06-02-2013, 20:24
Try La Paloma, just off Fontana Square, their selection is fabulous and they have a very varied Menu. I have had their House Lamb and Steaks there and the food is to die for.

Strongly recommend it

Foz
06-02-2013, 21:35
For those of you that like to venture a little off the coast try El Granjo in Buzanada. They have the best tapas I've had on the island. Most places make everything in advance and then heat them up as they are ordered ... here everything is cooked to order and they bring each dish one at a time (ie ...you finish the first ... they bring the second etc etc) exactly as they did it in Madrid when I used to live there.

MITCHY67
10-02-2013, 18:21
Newbie here.Great forum,full of info.Been coming over for 14 years.Travelling on Friday for 2 weeks,in Adeje.Just wondering if the nice Tapas Bar on the seafront in LA Caleta is still on the go?