PDA

View Full Version : Granadilla Council to crack down on dog mess

slodgedad
20-06-2011, 21:01
Granadilla is to get tougher on dog owners who refuse to clear up after their pets.

Over the years, the municipality has tried a range of measures to crackdown on dog mess, including awareness campaigns and even providing special doggie parks.

Nothing has seemed to work, however, and residents are still complaining about the amount of dog mess around the town and district and particularly in El Médano. They point out that the resort is visited by thousands of people, including many international sportsmen and women and dog mess all over the beach and pavements does not give out a good impression.

Now, the city council says it is going to get tougher and impose harsher fines on owners who fail to clean up.

The Mayor says dogs are wonderful companions but owners have responsibilities and must abide by them if they take them to the beach or parks or out shopping with them in the streets.

Campaigns do not seem to have worked so it would appear that citizens lacked the will to confirm, the Mayor added.

Source (http://www.tenerifenews.com/index.php/news-mainmenu-1/canary-islands/local-news-mainmenu-1/16716-council-to-crackdown-on-dog-mess)

hedgehog
20-06-2011, 21:08
Excellent news, although the kids quite enjoy playing dodge the poo on the way to school in the morning, guess we will have to come up with a new game!

She Sells Seashells
20-06-2011, 21:11
Good for them. I wish other locations would do the same. For the record, I have two dogs who are champion s*** factories, but we carry nappy sacks with us and never fail to pick up the output. I would hate to walk in the same place day after day watching the output build up.

If anybody is in a position to report on the implementation and effects of this, it would be very interesting.

howard thornton
20-06-2011, 21:14
Good for them. I wish other locations would do the same. For the record, I have two dogs who are champion s*** factories, but we carry nappy sacks with us and never fail to pick up the output. I would hate to walk in the same place day after day watching the output build up.

If anybody is in a position to report on the implementation and effects of this, it would be very interesting.
probably the same as the illegal lettings farce.

caroletenerife
20-06-2011, 21:16
Totally agree, i always take a bag, its not pleasant but got to be done. I can count on one hand the people i meet everynight on the regular walk that actually pick up after their dog. The ones that annoy me most are the ones that see you, say hello and hover as if they are about to clean the mess up, but once you have passed quickly walk away. WORST of all are the ones that throw the dog mess over their garden or balcony wall onto the pavement...this happens all the time. One woman did ask me to clean up after a pee, i thought that was a tad far as i did not have my mop in my handbag. If people ACTUALLY got fined and it was publicised, that might make them poop scoop.

hedgehog
20-06-2011, 21:33
Totally agree, i always take a bag, its not pleasant but got to be done. I can count on one hand the people i meet everynight on the regular walk that actually pick up after their dog. The ones that annoy me most are the ones that see you, say hello and hover as if they are about to clean the mess up, but once you have passed quickly walk away. WORST of all are the ones that throw the dog mess over their garden or balcony wall onto the pavement...this happens all the time. One woman did ask me to clean up after a pee, i thought that was a tad far as i did not have my mop in my handbag. If people ACTUALLY got fined and it was publicised, that might make them poop scoop.

Can't believe you don't carry a mop in your handbag caroletenerife...how irresponsible :whistle:

sunspot
20-06-2011, 21:46
Im not totally convinced its the dogs, the one outside my gate some mornings has got to be a this guy ..............:grufalo:

She Sells Seashells
21-06-2011, 14:54
One woman did ask me to clean up after a pee, i thought that was a tad far as i did not have my mop in my handbag.

Hysterical. Imagine!
:mopping: Hurry up there lady! :cop: