PDA

View Full Version : When's the best time to book flights to Tenerife?

rob897
14-11-2012, 22:24
Probably already been asked before but can't find post in search but when is it the best time to book flights theres some good deals on now with fly thomas cook and also jet2 for returning home with but will the prices get better or worse, plan to fly out on 11th December til 30th from Glasgow Intl. Cheaper than Ryanair Believe it or not.

thanks,
rob.

9PLUS
14-11-2012, 22:27
Flights - When is the best time to book?

Before it takes off

cheers xx

x

macdonald5
14-11-2012, 22:50
In my experience as soon as flight is released- if that price is acceptable take it as we find flight prices rarely come down
We fly from Scotland (Glasgow or Edinburgh) might be slightly different from southern airports................

rob897
14-11-2012, 22:51
Before it takes off

cheers xx

x

True, true.

Susief
14-11-2012, 22:51
Probably already been asked before but can't find post in search but when is it the best time to book flights theres some good deals on now with fly thomas cook and also jet2 for returning home with but will the prices get better or worse, plan to fly out on 11th December til 30th.

thanks,
rob.

Rob if you look on www.skyscanner.net
And put in whole month and you can see the prices.

rob897
15-11-2012, 01:24
Rob if you look on www.skyscanner.net
And put in whole month and you can see the prices.

yeah i've used that and thats were i mainly got the prices from and have confirmed them with fly thomas cook/jet2 's sites, but what im asking is if anyone knows if now is the time to book them or wait and the deals might get better?

Thanks though,

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Theres Several flights over a few days in december with the same price point, with similar departure times, comming back is more difficult as prices shoot way up when you go into january!

Rickiebear
15-11-2012, 07:49
Hi, we always book as soon as the flights come out. So sometimes 6 months ahead. I do check every now and again, I have never seen prices come down. I booked flights out of Bristol for next May, a couple of months ago. They are £100 cheaper than this year.
I always pay on a credit card, for extra protection.

SVFUN
15-11-2012, 09:32
Probably already been asked before but can't find post in search but when is it the best time to book flights theres some good deals on now with fly thomas cook and also jet2 for returning home with but will the prices get better or worse, plan to fly out on 11th December til 30th from Glasgow Intl. Cheaper than Ryanair Believe it or not.

thanks,
rob.

Were going out on the 11th with Monarch paid £90 return each .+ £30 baggage ...Doesnt bother me whether it goes up or down after that if your happy what youve paid in the first place ....Dont know whether Monarch fly from Scotland this is my first time with them

rob897
18-11-2012, 22:54
Were going out on the 11th with Monarch paid £90 return each .+ £30 baggage ...Doesnt bother me whether it goes up or down after that if your happy what youve paid in the first place ....Dont know whether Monarch fly from Scotland this is my first time with them

unfortunately they don't but the deal for the 11th with Thomas Cook is still there, looks like i'll be taking it!. Now for the accommodation...

macdonald5
18-11-2012, 23:02

No Monarch don't fly from Scotland
Jet2 always first released ,so if price ok when flexibility is limited (apartment or work) it wins rather than wait for. MAYBE cheaper flight
Would be ideal if all flights released at same time to give an even comparison but hey life's never that simple

rob897
18-11-2012, 23:23
No Monarch don't fly from Scotland
Jet2 always first released ,so if price ok when flexibility is limited (apartment or work) it wins rather than wait for. MAYBE cheaper flight
Would be ideal if all flights released at same time to give an even comparison but hey life's never that simple

some of Thomas cook's prices have gone up already!

tfs1
19-11-2012, 11:31
I booked for our family (9 in all) to come out during October halfterm and got the Ryanair out / Easyjet return as soon as they came out and paid approx £1,300 in total.

As the seats on those flights got booked up the same flights would have cost (me!) £5,500 at their peak - I always book early !

TFS1

Rodders
19-11-2012, 13:13
British Airways start flying direct again to Tenerife from April next year. Booked my flights for July.
(2 children & 2 adults) Paid £655 in total, including taxes, 4 pieces of luggage in the hold (23kg each)
4 pieces of hand luggage, drinks & meals on board.

Good luck.

cainaries
19-11-2012, 16:51
British Airways start flying direct again to Tenerife from April next year. Booked my flights for July.
(2 children & 2 adults) Paid £655 in total, including taxes, 4 pieces of luggage in the hold (23kg each)
4 pieces of hand luggage, drinks & meals on board.

Good luck.

From which airport, please? Delighted to hear this as somewhere I've got some airmiles!

Rodders
19-11-2012, 17:07
Gatwick. Though check their website, as they might fly from other cities.

penelope pitstop
19-11-2012, 17:24
Years ago it was worth waiting for late deals, now the later you book the more it costs! So I agree, the earlier the better.

Dan747
20-11-2012, 08:49
At the moment, the BA service is only from Gatwick, BA have pretty much all but abandoned the regions now bar the Heathrow and Gatwick shuttles to ferry people onto their long-haul flights, so I doubt we'll see BA launch Tenerife from other airports. They claimed when they closed the Manchester base that it was a losing money for years.