PDA

View Full Version : Employment What are the chances of getting work in Tenerife?

corty
15-11-2012, 00:14
Hi,
Have just returned from our 4th stay in Tenerife and are now considering a permanent move over there. Is there anybody on here able to offer any advise on finding permanent jobs (not seasonal).
I have experience in the motor trade and the railway but seeing as there is no railway I can't fall back on that experience lol.
Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.
Thanks

YOUNG GOLFER
15-11-2012, 00:22
Hi,
How old are you and is it just you on your own or do you have a family.

corty
15-11-2012, 00:45
Hi,
Thanks for the reply to my thread, I am not young I'm afraid at 47 :( but I have plenty of good experience to bring with me :)
I do have a family but it will most likely be my wife and I who want to move over as they have their lives set up here.
Thanks

honda
17-11-2012, 14:18
Experience in trades, factories etc. don't mean much here in Tenerife unless you are Spanish. The people here tend to look after their own and you would need to speak fluent Spanish. That said, we do have some English machanics on the Island but work is slow for everyone.
Hope someone can give you a more encouraging answer.

corty
12-12-2012, 12:53
Experience in trades, factories etc. don't mean much here in Tenerife unless you are Spanish. The people here tend to look after their own and you would need to speak fluent Spanish. That said, we do have some English machanics on the Island but work is slow for everyone.
Hope someone can give you a more encouraging answer.

Thanks for the info, will have to look deeper into it on my next visit :-)
I am starting to learn the language very soon but to be fluent Spanish will take a little longer I think.

honda
15-12-2012, 21:16
Good luck Corty, hope all works out well.