PDA

View Full Version : Education Dia de la Fuga de San Diego

SuzyQ
15-11-2012, 00:30
Thought Alfie was joking at first, but on Friday high school kids are legitimately "skiving" for want of a better word. Seems it started with Universities but now secondary schools have joined in. Does anyone know about it? and whose kids are bunking off on friday, lol?

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuga_de_San_Diego

KirstyJay
15-11-2012, 13:13
Some of my students are from Adeje Instituto...

fonica
15-11-2012, 14:08
Día de fuga was Monday of this week when the secondary schools and Universities take a "truants day". This is encouraged by the teachers as it's yet another day when they don't have to work.The kids who go to school are ridiculed by other pupils so you can imagine very few turn up for class.In the Instituto Guaza another two days were lost this week.Truants day and the day of the national strike when pupils were told that there would be only one member of staff working to cover the "minimum service".However on the day almost all staff worked as they were not prepared to lose a days pay but of course the pupils didn't go to school as parents were not prepared to risk their safety with only one member of staff.I can't wait to report on the number of days that the school has worked by the end of the school year.It won't be anywhere near the number that required by law.

SuzyQ
15-11-2012, 18:50
It should have been Tuesday (13th) but seems it changes between schools. El Medano are doing it tomorrow, Friday. Scandelous if you ask me. They take all these precautions about who can collect your kids from school, then have a day like ths where the kids can just walk out into the street unchallenged. Only in Tenerife.....

chifleta
15-11-2012, 19:09
Some of my students are from Adeje Instituto...

My son is at college in Adeje, they bunked off on Tuesday LOL had a very long weekend between strikes and skiving...

KirstyJay
15-11-2012, 19:19
Yes, I think that's the day my two took off.

louisecox
16-11-2012, 16:52
Yep Tuesday for mine too