PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork Are basura charges included in my community fees?

languagefan
15-11-2012, 12:52
Hi all,
I bought a flat from Santander last year and occupied it beginning of June this year.
I took my escritura to the Ayuntamiento and registered it with them, and receive electricity and water bills regularly, and pay my monthly community fees, but have not received any basura bills. Is basura included in the community fees that I pay?
I do not want to be surprised with a big bill nor want to be fined can somebody advise what I should do?
Thanks

Foz
15-11-2012, 14:52
Hi all,
I bought a flat from Santander last year and occupied it beginning of June this year.
I took my escritura to the Ayuntamiento and registered it with them, and receive electricity and water bills regularly, and pay my monthly community fees, but have not received any basura bills. Is basura included in the community fees that I pay?
I do not want to be surprised with a big bill nor want to be fined can somebody advise what I should do?
Thanks

If you go back to the Ayuntamiento, give them your NIE number, they will be able to tell you if any bills are outstanding. It is unusual for Basura bills to be paid via the community ... but not unknown. You could also ask your community administrator.

TenerifeTeddy
15-11-2012, 15:39
Foz is correct, but go to the Hacienda, as they deal with Basura. On the complex where we live, basura is separate and is billed twice yearly by the Hacienda, our last bill was for €49. However for our Local, the landlord is billed for the basura and passes the cost on to us twice a year, that bill is €160 twice per year.

You will be liable for any unpaid basura fees. When we registered our Local in 2005, the clerk took ages to find the property on her system, and then said no basura had been paid on it for 20 years and officially we could be billed for the whole amount, :redcard:??? but she must have been in a good mood and only charged us from when we took over the local. :wow:

chifleta
15-11-2012, 19:07
go to your local SAC office (like the cultural centre in Galletas for example, or just round the corner of the Cristianos Cultural centre), it may not even be in your name yet, so take a photocopy of your escritura and NIE just in case.... it's normally paid twice a year. I could be wrong, I haven't done basura paperwork for anyone for yonks LOL