PDA

View Full Version : Health Who do I contact regarding waiting lists for operations in Tenerife?

pinto
16-11-2012, 13:46
Hi Folks. Does anyone know which organisation to contact re. where one is on a particular operation waiting list. My Doctor does nothiong and is a waste of spaceand gives no info He is good at the shrug! Any help will be very much appreciated. Kindest regards:ashamed:

chifleta
16-11-2012, 14:38
Good question. Sorry I haven't got an answer though. Strange, I must have lived here so long, and it's something i've never even thought of, we've all just become used to knowing that the hospital will call/text us when they are good and ready, and that's that :doh:

I think it depends on how urgent the operation is. e.g. OH had a lump removed a few years ago, and he was literally in doctors one week and at hospital the next having it removed. He had another lump, but as it hadn't grown (until recently) they didn't send him, but as it had a grown a bit, the hospital contacted him within the month, and he's just had it removed this week (2 lumps, hence why he thought it had grown). They literally rang 2 weeks ago to say the appointment was this week. But these operations are "in, remove lump, sew it up, and throw you out within the hour" type operations LOL. So not taking up any bed space.

Now, if it's a hip replacement or knee op, well, who knows how long the waiting list would be.

Hope they contact you soon to put your mind at rest :) but i'm not surprised the doctor doesn't know.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

p.s. look on the paperwork he's given you, normally there will be a bit where it says "urgente" or otherwise (I can't remember the other option LOL)

Suzanne
16-11-2012, 22:10
If you are on the waiting list you will have a special piece of paper.
there is a telephone number specially designated for the waiting list which you can call and they will tell you where you are.
i suggest you call it daily.
The number is 922 470866 or you can call 012 and they wll conect you.

good luck.

Goldenmaniac
17-11-2012, 10:13
See here http://www2.gobiernodecanarias.org/sanidad/scs/contenidoGenerico.jsp?idDocument=33d1bcff-6c6a-11de-b75e-bbb3e7dd3aa4&idCarpeta=0428f5bb-8968-11dd-b7e9-158e12a49309

The telephone number is 922 470 866 as mentioned above
you can email secasi@gobiernodecanarias.org
or fax using this form http://www2.gobiernodecanarias.org/sanidad/scs/content/b6ebb49f-2297-11de-96db-4364d2088193/Formulario_solicitud_informacion.pdf