PDA

View Full Version : Health Can I use the emergency centre in Los Cristianos?

norjac
16-11-2012, 14:04
Hope someone can give me some advice. 5 weeks ago I had an injury to my leg which required stitching. My wound got infected and I had anti- biotics. However it appears they were not strong enough and I have to take more. I am coming to Tenerife on the 29th November until after Christmas. As my leg will probably need weekly dressing for a while will it be ok for me to go to the emergency centre in Los Cristianos for the dressings. I have an EU health card also travel insurance. The Nurse has said she will give me a letter about my treatment ,which I should be able to get translated. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Tom & Sharon
16-11-2012, 14:28
I would have thought you'd have to pay for private treatment.

Your EH1C only covers you for emergency treatment, which it isn't, and travel insurance won't cover you for a pre-existing condition.

Dr. Karen Whittaker's surgery in Los Cristianos or Excellent Medical on Golf Del Sur should be able to treat you. Make sure you get a price first though!

chifleta
16-11-2012, 14:30
Hope someone can give me some advice. 5 weeks ago I had an injury to my leg which required stitching. My wound got infected and I had anti- biotics. However it appears they were not strong enough and I have to take more. I am coming to Tenerife on the 29th November until after Christmas. As my leg will probably need weekly dressing for a while will it be ok for me to go to the emergency centre in Los Cristianos for the dressings. I have an EU health card also travel insurance. The Nurse has said she will give me a letter about my treatment ,which I should be able to get translated. Any advice would be much appreciated.

If you've got your proper health card, I don't see why not, don't quote me on it though LOL... the only thing with that is for emergency treatment it's between 8pm and 9am i think, otherwise they say you have to use your daily doctor ... they can be right buggers at times. You can always go and see when you get here, otherwise, there are private doctors locally too.

Tom & Sharon
16-11-2012, 14:57
If you've got your proper health card, I don't see why not, don't quote me on it though LOL... the only thing with that is for emergency treatment it's between 8pm and 9am i think, otherwise they say you have to use your daily doctor ... they can be right buggers at times. You can always go and see when you get here, otherwise, there are private doctors locally too.

I take it back - your EH1C covers you for treatment to exising conditions according to the NHS website - you learn something new every day!

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/EHIC/Pages/about-the-ehic.aspx

languagefan
16-11-2012, 15:23
IŽd give your health card a try before resorting to private and costly options.
Good luck anyway.

chifleta
16-11-2012, 15:38
I take it back - your EH1C covers you for treatment to exising conditions according to the NHS website - you learn something new every day!

well there you go :D OP can quote you on it instead of me HEHEHE :)

Megaloo
16-11-2012, 16:12
A friend of mine who needs a regular blood test because she is on Warfarin is seen at our local Health Centre with her Euro Health Card with no problem.

norjac
16-11-2012, 19:24

Many Thanks for all your help every one. much appreciated.

norjac
17-11-2012, 21:35
Hi

thank you all for your help. Very much appreciated