PDA

View Full Version : Animal Chat How do dogs react, while been poisened?

praxis
16-11-2012, 20:55
Could someone tell what sympthom do dogs get, if they´ve been catching poisened food (thrown in the garden) -

Fivepence
16-11-2012, 21:00
Could someone tell what sympthom do dogs get, if they´ve been catching poisened food (thrown in the garden) -

I think you need to speak with a vet.

Hope the dog is ok, best wishes.

This info is from another thread: -

The best vets on the island, in my opinion, are suarez martin in las americas. 922 987 647. Open monday to saturday 9am to 8pm and 9am until 2pm on sunday.

blueeyes
16-11-2012, 21:03
foaming at the mouth and convulsions... my mothers kitten was poisoned, best get it to the vets urgently......... hope it is not that.........

praxis
16-11-2012, 21:19
Thanks God it´s not! I was wondering, he´s a guardian dog for the garden/house, and has been looking at the gate in a new manner last days - when I saw him I thought - oh he´s expecting some food or something? Really strange behavior, usually he always barks. At the same time - I´ve been reading about something happening in Callao Salvaje(?) - and he got diarea, guess I´m paranoid, but I know there has been such problems here some years ago - they throw it over the walls and into the garden. He´s well now, but, when you´re starting looking very hard after sympthoms, and I also thought; isn´t he a bit less energic while running at campos, ajaj. Thanks a lot, and I think we rather keep him inside the house while we are away. Just to not be concerned!

honda
17-11-2012, 20:59
I have been informed that it is a criminal act to poison some ones pet, If anyone has reason to think this has happened, first see a vet, then contact your local police.

timmylish
18-11-2012, 02:12
Sounds to me like the dog is having an affair or, is expecting one. There,s a bitch in season. Enough to put any red blooded animal off his food!

Graceylacey
18-11-2012, 12:31
We have the same problem in El Medano at the moment, so I am keeping my dogs inside too