PDA

View Full Version : Ouch, I've broken my new phone already!

minimadmandy
18-11-2012, 09:56
After suffering with an old temperamental mobile phone for nearly a year now I decided I would treat myself to a new one. I decided to get the new IPhone 5 to make life easier as I already have an iMac and iPad.

I took delivery of it last week and on Friday managed to drop it and break the front screen.... Ouch!:doh:

Went to put it in my handbag and missed. If had a leather cover on it as well but It must have caught the edge when it hit the ground.

I was with my young daughter at the time and told her "just don't talk to mum for at least 10 minutes, I'm so angry with myself I will shout at you"!

I've always had crappy basic phones in the past and the one time I decide to treat myself (instead of the family as usual) I break the thing!

I had taken out insurance the day before but not able to claim within the first month let alone the first week.

chifleta
18-11-2012, 21:03
ooops............... you'll have to ring the insurers up in 4 weeks time LOL sorry for laughing, I can't help myself :whistle::lol: but i'm actually laughing at what you said to your daughter hahaha too funny :D

warbey
18-11-2012, 21:31
I really understand.

Anything new usually Clothes, I will have an Accident.

I bought a new Car and Someone ran into it before too long

Unlike Limbs, they can be replaced, is how I think now....most of the time.....Grrr

davship
20-11-2012, 18:55
I've had a Nokia 3210 for 10 years! Bounced,drowned, cycled over. I,m in no hurry to get any of the new type phones there too fragile. If i need internet access i wait until i get home. Only got the phone to text and call in emergencies and luckily managed to stick to it.

marbro8
20-11-2012, 20:14
i have got 2 of the old nokia 6303i classic's, i keep on buying new ones from e-bay for about £60-£70 when they get a bit scruffy, but the other day i was looking and you can actually buy the replacement cases for them for £9 and i had one come today i put it on and it looks brand new lol, was just wondering if you could actually buy a new part for it and just replace it yourself? they even send the tools to do it, i brought a new screen for £6, i know my phone is only a cheapo but have a look you may be surprised;) just had a look on e-bay and depending on what you have broken the front screen is £20 but the inner touch screen ranges from £80-£100?