PDA

View Full Version : Other Canarian companies and their slow service and lazy attitude

offshore diver
19-11-2012, 17:08
well trying to get a quote to fabricate garage doors elec motor etc from 2 company s here was a major mission adrians in tacoronte never turned up,rang again agreed to come never turned up thats 10 days twiddling the thumbs obviously this company is totally incompotent, you would think in these times a company here would try to get all the orders they can in the end the 2 nd company in adeje finally turned up measured and after another week got the quote and they ll do the job so does anyone else think companies run by canarians here are slow, they certainly would nt last long in the areas i work in, no wonder britishcompanies here do well

cainaries
19-11-2012, 17:42
It's a different way of life and a different attitude to life and business. The fact that they aren't all money-grabbing I find rather nice. We put in a new kitchen two years ago and wanted 3 quotes. The first place we went to they kept saying to us 'Choose your design and we'll come and measure up' and we kept asking the prices and they couldn't be bothered to go and look them up. Second company came, measured, we chose all the units, tiles, floor, etc. and two years later we are still waiting for their final quote despite having seen our design on their computer. Company 3 was brilliantly efficient, installed exactly what we wanted and very reasonably. So guess which one has gone out of business? Yup, Number 3. Can't understand it.

Javi
19-11-2012, 18:54
Hi,

Alike in everywhere you can find efficient companies and terribly incompetent. I don't think all canarian companies are featured by a slow service and lazy attitude. I know many of them which are really professionals. Perhaps, sometimes we do knock on the wrong door.

Canarian workers and business aren't the best but not the worst neither.

warbey
19-11-2012, 20:10
Strong words born out of Frustration perhaps.?

Do You really mean to Tar all Canarians with the same Brush.

if so

why didnt You get a British Company to do it to start with.?

Just looking at things from Their side. If You live amongst Them why antagonise Them.?

LUCKY
19-11-2012, 21:54
:feret:
Strong words born out of Frustration perhaps.?

Do You really mean to Tar all Canarians with the same Brush.

if so

why didnt You get a British Company to do it to start with.?

Just looking at things from Their side. If You live amongst Them why antagonise Them.?:feret: Steady my friend i walk amongst them at the moment but only in daylight hours,:flatcap::feret:

TF1
21-11-2012, 10:12
In my experience, for price / speed / reliability, I believe that Canarian companies offer a superior service compared to many British companies. I know that this is not always the case, and varies from sector to sector, but on the whole I feel more comfortable using someone who´s not going do disappear back to the UK, who knows where to source the materials, and who operates within Spanish law.

timmylish
22-11-2012, 03:56
Must say that since we moved into our new apt. 2 years ago virtually all building works were carried out not only by Canarians but, by and large, companies actually in San Isidro. The only work done by a Brit was our water filter system, installed by Tenerife Drinking Water Filters, which has no opposition in the Canarian world!
That,ll be the agreed fee John!

ddoyle
23-11-2012, 19:31
Must say that since we moved into our new apt. 2 years ago virtually all building works were carried out not only by Canarians but, by and large, companies actually in San Isidro. The only work done by a Brit was our water filter system, installed by Tenerife Drinking Water Filters, which has no opposition in the Canarian world!
That,ll be the agreed fee John!

Hydraulica Las Chafiras install water filtration systems.

lesbroz
23-11-2012, 21:39
Still waiting for a design and a quote for a kitchen from Sagresa. Went originally about 3 weeks ago. Despite going back 4 times, there was never anyone there who designed kitchens. Also went to Santos in Playa San Juan who promised the design by e mail the following day. That finally arrived yesterday after another visit to see what was happening. So, if there is anyone out there who can recommend a company that designs, supplies and fit kitchens, please let me know.

amanda
23-11-2012, 21:58
have sent pm