PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport Bringing a motorbike to Tenerife for less then 1 year

Topacciolo
20-11-2012, 20:45
Hi Guys, my motorbike will arrive in Tenerife withing8/10 week but the company that is shipping it over told us that i have to declare to DVLA that I’m exporting my motorbike. I donīt understand why i have to declare anything if i donīt know if i will keep the bike here. I thought you had 1 year to register it or to bring it back to uk?? so until i donīt get to that stage why do i have to declare anything at all to the DVLA?? Any idea??
I know itīs not a car but usually the rules are the same for any registered vehicle.

Fivepence
20-11-2012, 20:50
Hi Guys, my motorbike will arrive in Tenerife withing8/10 week but the company that is shipping it over told us that i have to declare to DVLA that I’m exporting my motorbike. I donīt understand why i have to declare anything if i donīt know if i will keep the bike here. I thought you had 1 year to register it or to bring it back to uk?? so until i donīt get to that stage why do i have to declare anything at all to the DVLA?? Any idea??
I know itīs not a car but usually the rules are the same for any registered vehicle.

Don't know if it helps but I found this (http://www.findlaw.co.uk/law/motoring/other_motoring_topics/9923.html) :tiphat:

garlicbread
20-11-2012, 23:00
Maybe the thread title should Exporting a motorbike etc.,???