PDA

View Full Version : Other Are there any bars in the south that play Indie or Rock music?

Dashford
21-11-2012, 10:39
Hi all,

Are there any bars near San Eugenio that play alternative/indie? I honestly can't tolerate anymore Rihanna, lady gaga or any other dance pop lol or any decent bands that don't sing Elvis haha

Medman
21-11-2012, 12:01
Hi all,

Are there any bars near San Eugenio that play alternative/indie? I honestly can't tolerate anymore Rihanna, lady gaga or any other dance pop lol or any decent bands that don't sing Elvis haha

Soundchaser at the In and Out Bar and sometimes Harleys may be your cup of tea old chap !

Fivepence
21-11-2012, 12:13
Soundchaser at the In and Out Bar and sometimes Harleys may be your cup of tea old chap !

I agree Medman, great band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzHMoA8Dh04

Bhamannette
21-11-2012, 13:51
Soundchaser by far best band on the Island IMO, Kick are back in OReillys most evenings, they are pretty good, Dark Wizards are good they play Harleys not sure of the schedule now tho.

malagabob
21-11-2012, 14:08
Vagabonds play at the Bulls Head Parque de la Paz. Play Pink Floyd amongst others

Malteser Monkey
21-11-2012, 14:15
Ahh well me ol' mucker you'll have to come back - that's it short and sweet :cheeky:

I'm with you on the music front too much disco stuff about

lcbandit
22-11-2012, 06:37
Soundchaser by far best band on the Island IMO, Kick are back in OReillys most evenings, they are pretty good, Dark Wizards are good they play Harleys not sure of the schedule now tho.

when did O'Reillys re-open? :)

Fred Perry
22-11-2012, 13:06
Soundchaser best on the Island? I am not knocking Soundchaser in the slightest but have you seen every band on the Island?

There are some cracking bands in Santa Cruz/La Laguna (that play rock/punk/Indie) that I have followed for quite a while and they are finally making headway in Europe, touring and interviews on tv etc.

I can understand that going "North" for a night out is a bit far but please there is more to the Island than the thin slip of bars around L.A and Los Cris!

KirstyJay
22-11-2012, 14:50
Soundchaser best on the Island? I am not knocking Soundchaser in the slightest but have you seen every band on the Island?

There are some cracking bands in Santa Cruz/La Laguna (that play rock/punk/Indie) that I have followed for quite a while and they are finally making headway in Europe, touring and interviews on tv etc.

I can understand that going "North" for a night out is a bit far but please there is more to the Island than the thin slip of bars around L.A and Los Cris!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v-kgY9kObI&playnext=1&list=PL3902A1E67B50B4F1

Here's a couple more...

https://www.facebook.com/deadrelicmusic - http://www.myspace.com/deadrelic

https://www.facebook.com/victoriamarso - http://www.myspace.com/victoriamarso

Bhamannette
23-11-2012, 09:52
Ok, perhaps I should have said 'of all the bands Ive seen on the island' and Ive seen a fair few over the last 25 years, in my opinion at the moment they are the best at the moment. I like them because they also write and play their own material they dont just play covers all the time, but Im always happy to listen to live music if its good.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

when did O'Reillys re-open? :)

A few months back now, my husband ends up there most nights when hes over

TF1
23-11-2012, 15:25

Well said! In reality, there is a great division between "tourist resort entertainment" and other live music. This might sound rather unfair to some of the bands that play in those areas, but it becomes very apparent if you look a little further than the tourist resorts. Places such as El Médano, for example, have some great live music at weekends. Last weekend there was a flamenco guitar concert, a rock concert and an acoustic rock concert, all with free entry and reasonable price booze. And yes, in the North of the island, you´ll find World class rock, pop, jazz, blues, etc. Just a pain keeping someone on alcohol - free Dorada for the night so that they can drive you back home at 4am ....:cheeky:

EDGEY72
23-11-2012, 17:05
RE alcohol free beers. Can you actually get this on the island. Hoping to come back over next year and have stopped drinking on health grounds ?

casabonny
23-11-2012, 17:19
yes most bars sell some makes of alcohol free beers ( bottled though ) but as far as I know none serve alcohol free wine!
You will find them in the supermarkets too they are marked " SIN ALCOHOL".

Medman
23-11-2012, 17:37
RE alcohol free beers. Can you actually get this on the island. Hoping to come back over next year and have stopped drinking on health grounds ?

Dorada Sin ........ Ecky Thump's "favourite" tipple :cheers:

Skeggy
23-11-2012, 17:55
Dorada Sin ........ Ecky Thump's "favourite" tipple :cheers:

And Dave's, who also stopped drinking on health grounds, I fell over ****** and broke my shoulder and spent four days in the Green.....Never had anything else but Sin since.........

macdonald5
23-11-2012, 18:05
And Dave's, who also stopped drinking on health grounds, I fell over ****** and broke my shoulder and spent four days in the Green.....Never had anything else but Sin since.........

What the hell you be up to Skeggy ???
Dorado sin gives me a sore head so I hav to stick to real sin or fruit juice if must

Ecky Thump
23-11-2012, 20:01
What the hell you be up to Skeggy ???
Dorado sin gives me a sore head so I have to stick to real sin or fruit juice if must

Real sin not only gives you a headache, but unless you are very careful, nine months later you get unexpected company for the next twenty years!!:cheeky:

TOTO 99
23-11-2012, 21:19

Aww man you've kinda destroyed the "laid back cool" picture I had of you...
Sorry to hear you busted your shoulder amigo..but remember, it's just a shoulder..you can drink with a bad shoulder..:lol:

EDGEY72
23-11-2012, 21:27
Never really noticed before only drank the real stuff, cheers for the info, just need to find the cash to get back there now lol