PDA

View Full Version : Path to link Playa Paraiso and Callao Salvaje

Canarian Weekly
23-11-2012, 13:30
PLAYA Paraiso will soon feature a pedestrian walkway that will provide a link to Callao Salvaje.

A comprehensive plan is being developed for the improvement and rehabilitation of these tourist sites.

Adeje councillor for Works and Services, Gonzalo Delgado Diaz announced that “we’ve finally come to ask permission to theCanary Islandsfor the implementation of the first phase of the walkway that will connect Callao Salvaje with Playa Paraiso. It’s a project I’ve been working on for many years, and now we can start the tender for the award of the work. This pedestrian promenade has been one of the most persistent complaints by residents and businesses in this area, they will be able to enjoy a walk along the coastline offering an added attraction.”

“With these works our neighbours and visitors, will be linked by a seaside promenade, which is constantly demanded by our visitors.”

The project will go to a public tender in the coming weeks, reported the Adeje councillor, who said that “our expectations are that in early 2013 we will begin working in the area.” The first implementation phase has a budget of 600,000 euros and is expected to last six months.

The pedestrian area is bound by the ​​protection of public land and needs the approval of the Department of Planning of the Canary Islands and the Provincial Coastal Service inSanta Cruz de Tenerife.

The objective of the project is to, “enhance the natural environment of the area, which is currently down, and convert the coast into a wide promenade that serves leisure and enjoyment, fulfilling a role turn liaison and continuity between the Adeje coastal areas.”

Natural materials such as stone, wood or cinder will be used and natural vegetation.

The walk will be 700 meters long, and will be distributed in three bands: the paved promenade, the green area and an auxiliary area

The government team is scheduled to meet with neighbours and with businessmen from both areas of the municipality, to inform them personally of the proposals

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/path-link-paraiso-callao/)

addy
28-04-2013, 21:24
About bloody time :spin:

YOUNG GOLFER
28-04-2013, 21:33
Great news .......

delderek
28-04-2013, 22:32
The project will go to a public tender in the coming weeks, reported the Adeje councillor, who said that “our expectations are that in early 2013 we will begin working in the area.” The first implementation phase has a budget of 600,000 euros and is expected to last six months.

Well it hasn't started yet, and even the new beach kiosk is not yet open, no water supply to the showers, or for irrigation and many of the plants are now dead. No lighting working either. Can you really believe how these local authorities perform.?

slodgedad
29-04-2013, 00:38

Well it hasn't started yet, and even the new beach kiosk is not yet open, no water supply to the showers, or for irrigation and many of the plants are now dead. No lighting working either. Can you really believe how these local authorities perform.?
The local authority in that area have been notorious for being late in starting projects, but I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand.

TenerifeTeddy
29-04-2013, 07:36

The tender process on the beach bar and concessions has been awarded and work to equip & stock them has begun. Yes, it has taken a lot longer than people hoped, but at least it is progressing, which in a time when there is no money around for anything is a major miracle. The beach is now used by 100 or more people a day, sometimes many more, when previously it would be empty or have a few scattered users on it.

The path to Playa Paraiso was always part of the 3rd phase, the beach and breakwater being phases 1 & 2. No doubt there will be many more delays but maybe in 2-3 years time there will be a proper walkway linking the 2 villages. :)

delderek
29-04-2013, 09:44
The tender process on the beach bar and concessions has been awarded and work to equip & stock them has begun. Yes, it has taken a lot longer than people hoped, but at least it is progressing, which in a time when there is no money around for anything is a major miracle. The beach is now used by 100 or more people a day, sometimes many more, when previously it would be empty or have a few scattered users on it.

The path to Playa Paraiso was always part of the 3rd phase, the beach and breakwater being phases 1 & 2. No doubt there will be many more delays but maybe in 2-3 years time there will be a proper walkway linking the 2 villages. :)

Agree the bar is now being worked on, although much of the equipment is secondhand,the fridges being installed have seen better days, they have been repainted but still look a bit tatty. I looked round the beach most days and would agree possibly 100 people at weekends but never more than 40 or 50 during the week. How on earth can anyone who has taken the concession, expect to make money, as many using the beach at weekends are Spanish, who will not pay to use sunbeds or buy drinks. I'm afraid I give it a very short life, unless it is a reverse concession where Adeje actually pay someone to take it on.

addy
02-06-2013, 20:07
Has anything happened yet ? We were over in may and they were putting beach brollies up . They had also been doing some test drilling along the path

MrsTT
03-06-2013, 07:56
The beach bar was opened this week, and the beach is sprouting umbrellas - need their thatch - but sunbeds are also to be seen! Good reports about the beach bar so far although not investigated myself yet!:jumping:

Jollypolly
03-06-2013, 09:04
I have been down to the beach bar a couple of times this past week. It was very pleasant and comfortable. The
bar prices were not happy hour prices but not over the top at all for a beach bar. I didn't eat but have to say if it
tastes as good as it looked then you won't be disappointed. Prices on the chalk board, paella for 2 minimum 30 euros, steaks 15.50 to 17.50 euros, tapas from 5.50 euros.
Overall the beach area is coming together, there has been gardeners busy removing all the dead plants and generally clearing the flower beds, there are a couple of small digger type machines shifting "sand" about and a couple of chaps
raking the whole of he beach with a couple of domestic size garden rakes! The sunshade frames are now in place, just
waiting for the whicker/thatch covers to be fitted.

All in all it's looking good and I am sure if supported the bar and the beach will be an asset to the village.

lesbroz
03-06-2013, 14:44
I have been down to the beach bar a couple of times this past week. It was very pleasant and comfortable. The
bar prices were not happy hour prices but not over the top at all for a beach bar. I didn't eat but have to say if it
tastes as good as it looked then you won't be disappointed. Prices on the chalk board, paella for 2 minimum 30 euros, steaks 15.50 to 17.50 euros, tapas from 5.50 euros.
Overall the beach area is coming together, there has been gardeners busy removing all the dead plants and generally clearing the flower beds, there are a couple of small digger type machines shifting "sand" about and a couple of chaps
raking the whole of he beach with a couple of domestic size garden rakes! The sunshade frames are now in place, just
waiting for the whicker/thatch covers to be fitted.

All in all it's looking good and I am sure if supported the bar and the beach will be an asset to the village.

Jollypolly - I can guarantee that the beach bar will be well supported for 10 days from Wednesday when I arrive with 7 friends. lol

martetti
04-06-2013, 19:14
Hello folks, new user here heading over at the start of next month.

Is there anywhere you can walk to from Callao or is it car/bus only to other resorts?

Thanks.

Jollypolly
04-06-2013, 20:59
Martetti. First of all there is a good bus service to and from Callao Salvage so most places can be visited with reasonable
ease and a little planning..
Walking from Callao is limited. It's a pleasant walk to Playa Paraiso, along the dual carriageway and round by the banana plantation, about 40 minutes at a steady pace or you can walk along the cliff edge and down the barranca but you have to be steady on your feet for that route, I don't think there is much difference in time taking the cliff route and you do have
the glorious sea views if you stop for a rest.
One day.....there will be a very nice pleasant walk to Playa Paraiso that everyone will be able to enjoy....one day

martetti
04-06-2013, 21:13
Many thanks, Polly. Much appreciated.

Pengwynne
09-07-2013, 10:39
Any sign of work beginning on the coastal pathway between Callao and Playa Paraiso?

Jollypolly
09-07-2013, 12:56
Not that I can see, but there has been quite a bit of activity in and around the beach area. On the beach the sunshades
have now been "thatched" and I am told the sunloungers were in place and
the beach is looking smart. No new plant have been put in yet to replace the dead ones, but that may be becaused it's the wrong time to plant.Part of the rough area below the back of Aguaviva has been flattened and surfaced. There has been some digging and breaking up of a banana plantation at the top above
the Mirador la Gomera complex but I don't think it's got anything to do with the
new proposed walkway..I may be wrong, but nobody seems to know if this excavation work is connected or not.....guess we will have to wait and see.

Mia
10-07-2013, 17:51
We have been told the area below the back of Aguaviva has been surfaced for a car park for people to use for the beach and the beach kiosk.

Also the excavation work near the banana plantation at the top above Mirador la Gomera complex is not connected. Nothing is being built there.

They are taking out lumps of rock for use on a project in Granadilla.

Can anyone comment on this because it is only something we have heard?

addy
14-05-2014, 01:27
Well unless something's happened in the last six weeks it looks like the path is a non starter ??
I was really looking forward to this pathway as it would open up two nice villages to each other :confused:

Jollypolly
14-05-2014, 16:08
Well unless something's happened in the last six weeks it looks like the path is a non starter ??
I was really looking forward to this pathway as it would open up two nice villages to each other :confused:

Unless there has been any progress in the past week then the answer is no.

delderek
14-05-2014, 18:07
Don't be impatient, the beach only took 20 years.:jumping:

glassman
22-01-2015, 14:44
Anything happening yet to the path - bridge
It looked as if they were starting at christmas

Mia
22-01-2015, 15:09
Posted 28th November 2014

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?t=36403

The sign has gone and no work has been started.

glassman
22-01-2015, 16:00
Oh well I was still hoping
Thanks for that, still Ill be there next week just thought it would be nice to go for a walk

lesbroz
22-01-2015, 18:06
Posted 28th November 2014

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?t=36403

The sign has gone and no work has been started.

Hi Mia

Work is definitely taking place at the Paraiso end ( a bit slow I know), seems to be half a day here and there.

Pengwynne
22-01-2015, 19:00
Playa Paraiso side......Concrete footings to one side completed. Concrete pillars erected. In the process of laying concrete flooring....approx. 4m wide. 10 men working today. Hoping it will continue!!

Pengwynne
23-01-2015, 17:49
Playa Paraiso side......Concrete footings to one side completed. Concrete pillars eayrected. In the process of laying concrete flooring....approx. 4m wide. 10 men working today. Hoping it will continue!!

Photo's taken today, Friday 23rd January,2015

glassman
23-01-2015, 19:33
Looking good
So far so good
Thanks

Mia
24-01-2015, 15:33
Wow!

Thanks for the information guys.

We had a look last week from the Callao Salvaje side and could not see any work taking place. We will have a walk round to Paraiso (taking the long way round) and have a look.

glassman
04-02-2015, 17:10
They seem to be making hard work of the path /bridge
had a look last week the bridge is in place but it goes into a wall(is it me)
But ...its a start and should be OK in the end
Nothing happening at Callao end yet
Back in the COLD now in UK, back in a month could be open then!!!!!

glassman
13-02-2015, 17:35
any more progress on the path

Pengwynne
08-04-2015, 16:48
10 weeks since I last posted on this. Is there any sign of further developments?

lesbroz
08-04-2015, 22:43
10 weeks since I last posted on this. Is there any sign of further developments?

Will go and have a look in the next couple of days and will let you know.

glassman
23-04-2015, 19:12
Had a look this week the bridge is almost finished and looking good
Hopefully they will make as good job of the coastal path
Looking very hopeful

Mia
14-05-2015, 15:02
According to the website we are not supposed to mention, the bridge is now finished and has been opened for use.

The pathway after crossing the bridge on the Callao Salvaje side along the cliff top is still rough ground though, but adequate.

glassman
23-06-2015, 15:34
According to the website we are not supposed to mention, the bridge is now finished and has been opened for use.

The pathway after crossing the bridge on the Callao Salvaje side along the cliff top is still rough ground though, but adequate.

Has there been any more movement on the cliff walk yet

lesbroz
23-06-2015, 18:47
Has there been any more movement on the cliff walk yet

No, the path remains exactly the same. As far as I am aware Adeje council are not planning any further improvements in the near future.

glassman
23-06-2015, 21:03
I suppose now the elections have gone most things are on hold again
Callao has been improving ,if very slowly over the last few years
One Day

glassman
14-09-2015, 20:52
Anything happening yet or has it all gone wrong