PDA

View Full Version : Other High wind warning for Sunday November 25th, 2012

canarybird
24-11-2012, 00:29
The Aemet weather office has issued an orange alert for all of Tenerife and the western islands for high winds up to 90 kmh this Sunday beginning at 06:00 am, with some rain as well during the day, with yellow alert for high coastal seas.

We never know if these forecasts will be 100% accurate, but better be prepared just in case.

http://canarybird.smugmug.com/Gardens/SummerFall-2012/i-H5BVpc2/1/M/Orange%20alert%20for%20Nov.%2025%202012-M.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Aemet's weather warning for Sunday's high winds and rain now includes Monday, and the alert level for high seas around Tenerife and the western islands has been raised to orange.

http://canarybird.smugmug.com/Gardens/SummerFall-2012/i-6sDKCR9/0/L/orange%20alert%20for%20Nov.%2026%2C%202012-L.jpg

Canarybird

chifleta
24-11-2012, 22:13
I'm keeping a close eye.... my mum was panicking with the high winds in UK as she leaves UK on Monday, to fly over here... so I haven't had the heart to mention we may have high winds too - she hates flying.

Also keeping an eye on La Orotava weather, as we're coming over to that neck of the woods next Thursday :) and very much looking forward to having a good old route march around Orotava and seeing the art exhibitions, and mum is going to do a bit of painting/sketching whilst I will be playing on my new toy (Samsung Galaxy 7" tablet :D )

ineedholidays
25-11-2012, 12:46
Has this weather affected you over in Tenerife yet? Expecting a bit of it here in Gran Canaria too as you can see in the image but so far blue sky and sunshine.

junglejim
25-11-2012, 12:50
Just had a 15 minute blustery shower in Puerto Colon - sky now very dull - looks like a TV day !
Now constant showers !

angiebabes
25-11-2012, 12:53
Yes pouring down in Puerto Santiago, just the day for a wine tasting at flor del drago! Bring it on!

LUCKY
25-11-2012, 12:58
raining here at callao, even lost my view of the sea, beer and Grand Prix day here, not going out if i wanted to go out i would have been in yorkshire!!!:feret::feret::feret:

ineedholidays
25-11-2012, 13:05
Just saw this photo of a flooded tunnel in Garachico on CazaTormentas!

http://www.cazatormentas.net/foro/seguimiento-de-situaciones-meteorolgicas/seguimiento-de-la-situacion-meteorologica-en-canarias-noviembre-2012/msg629345/#msg629345

canarybird
25-11-2012, 13:06
Yes it's pouring here in Puerto de la Cruz after some wind, but it was nothing violent.

Looks like Gran Canaria is still out in the clear as of 11:45 am, but the white cloud mass will be moving in your way very soon, moving up from southwest.

http://canarybird.smugmug.com/Gardens/SummerFall-2012/i-6wZ97Fc/0/L/Sat%2024%20Nov.%2025%201145%20am-L.jpg

junglejim
25-11-2012, 13:06
raining here at callao, even lost my view of the sea, beer and Grand Prix day here, not going out if i wanted to go out i would have been in yorkshire!!!:feret::feret::feret:
Grand Prix will be on Spanish Digital Antena 3 from 14.15 hrs - race starts at 16:00-if you have terrestrial TV arial , should not be affected by rain ! Commentators get very excited when Alonso passes anyone !

Boyface
25-11-2012, 13:07
Raining in Del Duque

junglejim
25-11-2012, 13:12
News from Titsa of flooding in Garachico tunnel!
http://www.facebook.com/Guaguas.Titsa

Santiago
25-11-2012, 13:17
Raining here as well (near the Safari centre). It's chucking it down at the moment - great fun! We haven't had any bad weather out here for two or three years so it's nice to be in the apartment with all the mod cons and plenty of food and drink!! Oh, and, of course, the Grand Prix this afternoon!!

:dbluecar::pinkcar::whitecar::greencar::bluecar::y ellowcar::redcar:

anegib
25-11-2012, 13:22
Have very heavy rain here above Candelaria and gone very dark

LUCKY
25-11-2012, 13:28
Grand Prix will be on Spanish Digital Antena 3 from 14.15 hrs - race starts at 16:00-if you have terrestrial TV arial , should not be affected by rain ! Commentators get very excited when Alonso passes anyone ! :feret:Thanks for that jim did notice last race and the race prior to that, my spanish is coming on in leaps and bounds, i can now say like they do on tv, FERDINANDO, what ever that means ,:feret::feret::feret:

glostergirl
25-11-2012, 13:38
just seen el dia fotos on fb,santa cruz flooding in parts an also foto of tunnel at garachico

Fivepence
25-11-2012, 13:39
:feret:Thanks for that jim did notice last race and the race prior to that, my spanish is coming on in leaps and bounds, i can now say like they do on tv, FERDINANDO, what ever that means ,:feret::feret::feret:

I think it means 'goalless' Lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whistle:

cainaries
25-11-2012, 14:23
Rainstorms here on La Palma, of course. What was weird and definitely something I've not seen before that the western sky was orange at 3.30 a.m. Looked as though there was a huge fire on the other side of the barranco near us and out to sea. Must just be a strange metereological effect or something but I did wonder if I should be better prepared for the end of the world. Raining again here right now. At least it's still warm!

Malteser Monkey
25-11-2012, 14:26
Rainstorms here on La Palma, of course. What was weird and definitely something I've not seen before that the western sky was orange at 3.30 a.m. Looked as though there was a huge fire on the other side of the barranco near us and out to sea. Must just be a strange metereological effect or something but I did wonder if I should be better prepared for the end of the world. Raining again here right now. At least it's still warm!

3.30am - you should be tucked up in bed C

chifleta
25-11-2012, 14:47
News from Titsa of flooding in Garachico tunnel!
http://www.facebook.com/Guaguas.Titsa

ohhhh errrr missus, thanks for that, OH had just rang me as he'd heard it on the radio on the way to work, he thought they said the tunnel had collapsed, and of course his family are from that neck of the woods..... i've just sent the link to the family here...

So it's rained on and off (on at the moment and fairly steadily and in for the long haul methinks) here in Fraile... luckily I had the hindsight to hang my washing in the covered corridoor upstairs where my laundry room is. I've also charged up nintendo and new tablet :D so I have all my evenings entertainment sorted just in case the electricity and/or internet goes off, which wouldn't surprise me in the least.

tracy hampshire
25-11-2012, 15:10
been raining here in icod all day, steady drizzle with some heavy showers, at least itīs a lot warmer than it was in yorkshire last week :)

been raining here in icod all day, steady drizzle with some heavy showers, at least itīs a lot warmer than it was in yorkshire last week :)

LUCKY
25-11-2012, 15:49

Why was it cold in Yorkshire last week :feret: ------------ merged double post ------------ Why was it cold in Yorkshire last week :feret:

tracy hampshire
25-11-2012, 15:57
Why was it cold in Yorkshire last week :feret: ------------ merged double post ------------ Why was it cold in Yorkshire last week :feret: lol, it was brass monkey weather, so cold i couldnīt function. living in tenerife has made me go soft :lol:

Santiago
25-11-2012, 22:00
Glad everyone is okay - nobody hurt but maybe a bit wet. Sea seems to have died down a bit now so, hopefully, most of the bad weather has gone!

LUCKY
25-11-2012, 22:23
:feret:
lol, it was brass monkey weather, so cold i couldnīt function. living in tenerife has made me go soft :lol::feret: Well i am so pleased you are back safely and thawing out:feret:Keep the faith oopps i mean ferret:feret:

cainaries
25-11-2012, 22:48
lol, it was brass monkey weather, so cold i couldnīt function. living in tenerife has made me go soft :lol:

I know what you mean. I now only go back to the UK in the summer.

LUCKY
25-11-2012, 23:15
:feret:
I know what you mean. I now only go back to the UK in the summer. :feret:I live in the uk could you please let me know the date of your'e visit next summer ? Then i may be able to take these dam thermals off !!!!:feret::feret:

primrose
26-11-2012, 15:04
Just went out on Balcony to watch the waves bashing against the rocks and when I looked the other way at the mountains saw there was snow on Teide.:snowman:

imablue
26-11-2012, 15:27
Yes just noticed it myself, cant remember snow on Teide this early in the winter, though sometimes in bad weather one is lucky to see Teide itself.. for days on end ...

Malteser Monkey
26-11-2012, 15:46
Yes just noticed it myself, cant remember snow on Teide this early in the winter, though sometimes in bad weather one is lucky to see Teide itself.. for days on end ...

Who is one imablue ?:cheeky:

chifleta
26-11-2012, 16:06
pretty gusty over Fraile today, had to save some of the neighbours laundry flying around the roof terrace LOL ... my washing was hung out and dry within the hour :) I triple pegged everything on.

My poor mum is flying in the sky right this minute, I didn't have the heart to tell her there were high winds here too today, she'll find out soon enough... I was watching the planes coming in over our village earlier and OMG they were wobbling and veering a bit .... eeeek

cainaries
26-11-2012, 18:14
:feret: :feret:I live in the uk could you please let me know the date of your'e visit next summer ? Then i may be able to take these dam thermals off !!!!:feret::feret:

UK Summer 2013 is going to be at the end of March! Ha ha. I can live in hope anyway.

Beeeyoootiful day here on La Palma today and indeed yesterday. Rained heavily overnight but lovely hot sunshine today.

Fivepence
26-11-2012, 18:31
UK Summer 2013 is going to be at the end of March! Ha ha. I can live in hope anyway.

Beeeyoootiful day here on La Palma today and indeed yesterday. Rained heavily overnight but lovely hot sunshine today.

Your right Cainaries and if it is like this year, it will last no more than one week..............:whistle::lol:

imablue
26-11-2012, 19:14
After having howling winds all day its finally stopped.. its a wonder the trees haven,t been stripped bare ...

chifleta
26-11-2012, 19:16
After having howling winds all day its finally stopped.. its a wonder the trees haven,t been stripped bare ...

the high winds stopped here in time for my mum to have a hopefuly smooth landing :) I saw the plane she was in fly over my apartment ... so not long till she gets here woohooooooo :cheer:

candy2411
26-11-2012, 19:42
the high winds stopped here in time for my mum to have a hopefuly smooth landing :) I saw the plane she was in fly over my apartment ... so not long till she gets here woohooooooo :cheer:

hope you and your Mum have a lovely time and the weather 's kind. Whatever it is, you can bet its a lot better than than the UK at the moment, think half the country is on flood alert at the moment!

chifleta
26-11-2012, 19:47
hope you and your Mum have a lovely time and the weather 's kind. Whatever it is, you can bet its a lot better than than the UK at the moment, think half the country is on flood alert at the moment!

awww thanks Candy2411, i've got fingers n toes crossed that the rain in Puerto is all rained out by Thursday hahahahaha ... if it's too wet, we'll just have to go to the big centro comercial for some retail therapy hahaha :)

candy2411
26-11-2012, 19:52
awww thanks Candy2411, i've got fingers n toes crossed that the rain in Puerto is all rained out by Thursday hahahahaha ... if it's too wet, we'll just have to go to the big centro comercial for some retail therapy hahaha :)

well why not have some retail therapy even if the weather's great!! Enjoy!!:wave:

Megaloo
26-11-2012, 20:00
Let us hope the weather improves before you come up here to the North been raining most of the day today. so fingers crossed for you both.

chifleta
26-11-2012, 20:02
well why not have some retail therapy even if the weather's great!! Enjoy!!:wave:

we're only staying for a couple of nights, so depends on how much we're going to sightsee :) thanks, we're really looking forward to it... i'm still waiting for her to get here ughhhhh suitcases must be taking ages ...

Let us hope the weather improves before you come up here to the North been raining most of the day today. so fingers crossed for you both.

yes i've been looking at the photos on facebook LOL

ohhh she's just arrived wooo hooooo byeeeeeeee :)

tracy hampshire
26-11-2012, 22:27
we're only staying for a couple of nights, so depends on how much we're going to sightsee :) thanks, we're really looking forward to it... i'm still waiting for her to get here ughhhhh suitcases must be taking ages ...

yes i've been looking at the photos on facebook LOL

ohhh she's just arrived wooo hooooo byeeeeeeee :) hope you both have a super time whatever the weather xxxx