PDA

View Full Version : Other Has the Hotel Xibana in Puerto de la Cruz re-opened?

nickinexeter
24-11-2012, 12:39
Hi there. About to make my annual winter visit to PDLC and looking for cheap hotel deals. I have just been offered very good deal at Hotel Xibana but quick research suggests that this hotel has been shut down for some time. The deal is with Lowcostholidays who are a pretty reputable organisation, so I am wondering what is going on. Does anyone know anything about this hotel? Has it reopened? Maybe it is just open over the festive season, in which case, is it properly staffed, is the pool going to be operational, dining room working etc etc? Anyone who is looking for accomodation in near future, they are offering exceptionally good deals so take a look!
Any information from you folk out there would be very much appreciated. I feel reluctant to book at present in case I turn up and find it is either closed or operating with a skeleton staff, and no facilities. Thanks very much! Nick

marbro8
24-11-2012, 12:44
thats why it's so cheap nick didn't you look in the small print where it said holidaymakers must have some sort of construction skills?:D:D;)

nickinexeter
24-11-2012, 12:57
Hoho. Was hoping for a slightly more informative reply! Full marks for speed tho, I only posted 5 mins ago. Maybe, if you have nothing better to do, just toddle off down town and take a look as to whats going on there?
Cheers. Nick
PS. Absolutely chucking down with rain for 5th day here in sunny Devon

AL JAY
24-11-2012, 13:00
Take a look on here Nick...

http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/holidays/spain/holidays_in_tenerife.html

nickinexeter
24-11-2012, 13:16
Thanks for reply, Al. This is also a site which I regularly use (did my booking here last year) but they do not appear to be showing the Xibana. Nor do the other sites I check. It is only showing up on Lowcost but they are a good company as far as I know, and I never overlook a good deal! Hotels are expensive when you travel alone and they are offering a week for just £100. Sounds too good to be true, but they may be offering really good prices if they are just starting up after a long closure??? It had really good revues when it was open, so it would be a great place to go if it is now available at discounted prices.
Thanks.Nick

Fivepence
24-11-2012, 13:29
Hi there. About to make my annual winter visit to PDLC and looking for cheap hotel deals. I have just been offered very good deal at Hotel Xibana but quick research suggests that this hotel has been shut down for some time. The deal is with Lowcostholidays who are a pretty reputable organisation, so I am wondering what is going on. Does anyone know anything about this hotel? Has it reopened? Maybe it is just open over the festive season, in which case, is it properly staffed, is the pool going to be operational, dining room working etc etc? Anyone who is looking for accomodation in near future, they are offering exceptionally good deals so take a look!
Any information from you folk out there would be very much appreciated. I feel reluctant to book at present in case I turn up and find it is either closed or operating with a skeleton staff, and no facilities. Thanks very much! Nick

Is this the one Nick............see here (http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/hotels/spain/tenerife_puerto_de_la_cruz/cheap_rates_xibana_park_hotel_hotel.html)

Member @canarybird (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/member.php?63-canarybird) is up in PDLC, maybe she knows the hotel and can provide you with the info you require...........just a thought.

AL JAY
24-11-2012, 13:39
Just had a look on Trip Advisor and it looks like the parent company have gone into administration, Use the old adage "if it seems too good to be true it probably is" I would look at another hotel if i was you Nick! Unless some of our members who live in the area can check it out!

melm
24-11-2012, 13:45
We were in Puerto in October and this hotel was being refurbished then. lot of work going on at that time and we were told it was re-opening soon. So I guess you will be ok.

primrose
24-11-2012, 13:45
Just had a look on Trip Advisor and it looks like the parent company have gone into administration, Use the old adage "if it seems too good to be true it probably is" I would look at another hotel if i was you Nick! Unless some of our members who live in the area can check it out!

Just tried the phone number and cuts off after 1 ring or doesn't ring at all.

marbro8
24-11-2012, 14:06
Hoho. Was hoping for a slightly more informative reply! Full marks for speed tho, I only posted 5 mins ago. Maybe, if you have nothing better to do, just toddle off down town and take a look as to whats going on there?
Cheers. Nick
PS. Absolutely chucking down with rain for 5th day here in sunny Devonand i suggest you get a sense of humour, for such a few posts you are a bit up yourself ain't ya?i do hope you get the info you are looking for but with an attitude like that, well??? i will toddle off now:tiphat:

nickinexeter
24-11-2012, 14:42
We were in Puerto in October and this hotel was being refurbished then. lot of work going on at that time and we were told it was re-opening soon. So I guess you will be ok.

Well, thanks everbody!! Only joined this morning, first post, thought I would be lucky if anyone even noticed my question. Sounds like hotel may well be coming back on stream after refurbishment and so offering cheap deals. That is the right hotel, Fivepence, but then does not come up when I do search for availability on Trav Rep. Looks like Lowcost may be only company dealing with them so far, but will keep eye out over next few days.
Marbro, think you took my comment in the wrong way. You made a humorous response and so I thought I would do the same. Not sure why you were offended, but certainly no offense was intended. Not sure what else I could have said, really, as your reply was certainly not meant to be taken seriously.
I am still working out how to make things work on here so excuse my lack of skills!

TOTO 99
24-11-2012, 14:48
They're all like that in Walsall....:lol:

marbro8
24-11-2012, 14:50
Well, thanks everbody!! Only joined this morning, first post, thought I would be lucky if anyone even noticed my question. Sounds like hotel may well be coming back on stream after refurbishment and so offering cheap deals. That is the right hotel, Fivepence, but then does not come up when I do search for availability on Trav Rep. Looks like Lowcost may be only company dealing with them so far, but will keep eye out over next few days.
Marbro, think you took my comment in the wrong way. You made a humorous response and so I thought I would do the same. Not sure why you were offended, but certainly no offense was intended. Not sure what else I could have said, really, as your reply was certainly not meant to be taken seriously.
I am still working out how to make things work on here so excuse my lack of skills!ok nick no probs but it just looked to be a bit demeaning not humerous? i didn't mean to offend you, as you said it was just a bit of fun, we can have a drink when i am next in the white harte and i will give you the benefit of all my years of experience on here:D;)

TOTO 99
24-11-2012, 14:56
marbro8 I thought you drank in the King George v on Wallows Lane.....I know it well.

marbro8
24-11-2012, 15:01
marbro8 I thought you drank in the King George v on Wallows Lane.....I know it well.i wouldn't be brave enough to drink in walsall on a match day now i am in my 50's lol, but i did get arrested outside there in 1981 after a game against milwall:doh:, how do you know it toto 99?

TOTO 99
24-11-2012, 15:07
I did the carpets in there a couple of years ago when it had a bit of a refurb.

I don't half get about...Also did a school not far from there, I think it was called Birchill school?

nickinexeter
24-11-2012, 15:11
Hey, you know Exeter then??? I too am in 50's and always game for a beer so if you come down this way then let me know!!
wouldn't come for a bit tho...flooding everywhere. What a day. And if you r talking footie, well I am born and bred Luton fan...that's what u really call suffering. One minute in Premiership, 6 years later in Conference. Seem to be stuck there for evermore

Where do those emoticons keep appearing from? I didn't put them there

marbro8
24-11-2012, 15:12
I did the carpets in there a couple of years ago when it had a bit of a refurb.

I don't half get about...Also did a school not far from there, I think it was called Birchill school?oh right, ye that's it birchills, not a very select area, i bet the carpets were worth more than the building:lol: we live about 6 miles away in a place called brownhills just off the a5;)

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Hey, you know Exeter then??? I too am in 50's and always game for a beer so if you come down this way then let me know!!
wouldn't come for a bit tho...flooding everywhere. What a day. And if you r talking footie, well I am born and bred Luton fan...that's what u really call suffering. One minute in Premiership, 6 years later in Conference. Seem to be stuck there for evermoreyes nick we have stayed at the white harte a couple of times in the last few years watching walsall play exeter, and we have used the local pubs like the wetherspoons opposite, and i have still got about 10 pasties in the freezer from the pastie shop round the corner from michael kane's place opposite the cathedral, can you tell me who carved the picture of the woman on the side of that building in the render just at the top of the shopping centre? it looks awsome and i still have the picture on my phone:lol:, and i have been to luton a few times, the ground has to be the worst one i have ever been to?:lol:, i am sure we had to go trough someones bedroom to get to it:lol:as to the emotions nick if you press the question mark 3 times it comes up automatically;)

chifleta
24-11-2012, 22:04
and i suggest you get a sense of humour, for such a few posts you are a bit up yourself ain't ya?i do hope you get the info you are looking for but with an attitude like that, well??? i will toddle off now:tiphat:

Oh noooo, he's off to kick santa again :neener::lol::scared:

Ecky Thump
24-11-2012, 22:09
wouldn't come for a bit tho...flooding everywhere. What a day. And if you r talking footie, well I am born and bred Luton fan...that's what u really call suffering. One minute in Premiership, 6 years later in Conference. Seem to be stuck there for evermore

Where do those emoticons keep appearing from? I didn't put them there

When Marbro posts, you need all sorts of emotions, ranging from laughter to suicidal .:cheeky:

Megaloo
24-11-2012, 23:46
I will try to pop along there this week if I can and find out, but it will not be until the middle of the week.

marbro8
25-11-2012, 16:03
Oh noooo, he's off to kick santa again :neener::lol::scared::lol: no it was the cat:devil2:

When Marbro posts, you need all sorts of emotions, ranging from laughter to suicidal .:cheeky: omg i ain't that bad am i?;):lol:

chifleta
25-11-2012, 16:25
:lol: no it was the cat:devil2:

omg i ain't that bad am i?;):lol:

you did sound slightly hormonal, let's put it that way :crazy:

nickinexeter
25-11-2012, 16:30
Oh, thanks Megaloo, that would be fantastic. I did ring Lowcost yesterday and the girl I spoke to did not know any details but she said it all looked fine, as they had received the availability 'thro their usual channels'. I still just wonder if it will be operating with a skeleton staff, everything shut down. Will definitely be interesting to hear what is going on there on PDLC.
Update on sunny Devon...I said it was raining yesterday, well I was up almost whole night as my road flooded and we had to all bail out my neighbours house, which had 2 foot water throughout. The drains were overloaded and water came up thro draincovers, toilets and pipes. More rain arriving shortly...
Marbro, you are well travelled! Dont know what you mean about Luton ground...it only came second bottom in a poll of whole league a few years ago. Yes, there is somewhere worse! My father has barely missed a game there in last 76 years. Saw someone score 12 goals in one game years ago, a record that will prob never be beaten. I will have to try and find out about the figurine, I agree it is really quite striking but you know how it is.. you never think about things on your own doorstep!

imablue
25-11-2012, 19:59
Joseph"Joe"Payne....
Centre Forward.. best known as the scorer of 10 goals in a match for Luton Town against Bristol Rovers on 13 April 1936....
"This is still a record in The Football League."
Payne later played for Chelsea and, after missing six years of his career to the Second World War,
West Ham United...
Still ...10 is very impressive..in a 12-0 win ...:c2:

chifleta
25-11-2012, 20:37
:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::n ono::nono::nono::nono::nono: WAYYYYYYY off topic boys

nickinexeter
26-11-2012, 13:58
Joseph"Joe"Payne....
Centre Forward.. best known as the scorer of 10 goals in a match for Luton Town against Bristol Rovers on 13 April 1936....
"This is still a record in The Football League."
Payne later played for Chelsea and, after missing six years of his career to the Second World War,
West Ham United...
Still ...10 is very impressive..in a 12-0 win ...:c2:
Good facts, Imablue! I knew it was something like that, but details are so hard to remember! Expect Mr Torres will do something similar now that his old boss is back in town...or maybe not?
My father always told me that one of the goals was possibly very generous to give to Payne, but its in the record books now.

chifleta
26-11-2012, 14:37
:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz: :zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz: :zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz: : basically....

Fivepence
26-11-2012, 14:41
:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz: :zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz: :zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz: : basically....

Ha Ha ..........they only digressed a bit Chifleta, I'm sure they have it sorted now. :lol:

chifleta
26-11-2012, 14:48
Ha Ha ..........they only digressed a bit Chifleta, I'm sure they have it sorted now. :lol:

LOL :D :pray:

Tenerife Sun
02-12-2012, 21:28
Nick I have pm'd you

melm
06-12-2012, 19:13
Tenerife sun any info you could share?

nickinexeter
06-12-2012, 21:12
Nickinexeter now answering his own query! I am now on site, as it were. Hotel is open,up and running. Pool etc is open, but does not look like too many guests yet. If you want a good deal, this is for you! 15euro a night for v nice double room,pretty hard to beat for 3 star hotel,if a little faded.
As for myself, thanks to Megaloo and others I have found a great place and so will not actually need the Xibana. From little seeds..... I owe a big thank you,and feel a lunch invitation may be in order! Thanks to those good people. My story is now at an end (drum roll...)

Fivepence
06-12-2012, 21:16
Nickinexeter now answering his own query! I am now on site, as it were. Hotel is open,up and running. Pool etc is open, but does not look like too many guests yet. If you want a good deal, this is for you! 15euro a night for v nice double room,pretty hard to beat for 3 star hotel,if a little faded.
As for myself, thanks to Megaloo and others I have found a great place and so will not actually need the Xibana. From little seeds..... I owe a big thank you,and feel a lunch invitation may be in order! Thanks to those good people. My story is now at an end (drum roll...)

Good news Nick, can you not share the great place for other members that may visit PDLC? :tiphat:

nickinexeter
06-12-2012, 21:52
would love to, but it is private apartment and would need to ask permission of owner before I could give details. Sorry!

Megaloo
06-12-2012, 22:47
Thanks Nick found out a bit late for you re the Hotel apparently bought by the same people that bought the Palmera Playa Hotel, but not been re vamped but as you say a good deal.
I am sure you will be happy where you will stay a nice area and handy for Tennis

Tenerife Sun
06-12-2012, 23:37
Sorry melm only just looked in on this thread and I see that Nick has given the info re the hotel himself.

melm
07-12-2012, 19:27
thanks for your reply....sounds a good deal, will look into it a bit further before my next visit.

we are already booked for 4 weeks at the end of the month ( to an apartment). will be lovely to leave all this cold frosty weather behind. As you can guess we are looking forward to it.