PDA

View Full Version : Health Recommendations for a gastroenterologist in Tenerife

samnickgodber
24-11-2012, 17:34
Hi all,,, i´m in need of a Gastroentologist (spelling),
I have had a lactose and Dairy intolerance for a few years now and in the last 3-6 months it seems to be getting worse, so i thought i would go get checked out,,, can anyone reccommend one of the above, If so at which hospital?,

I would be wanting to use my DKV,,,,

Thanks x

Boyface
24-11-2012, 20:07
You say it is getting worse? Question. Why isn't it an avoid?

samnickgodber
24-11-2012, 22:04
If you mean avoid the foods that i´m intolarant to,, then i do,,, but there were certain thins that i could eat ie the odd hard cheese sarnie and now its not possible,,, so i just want to go get checked to make sure it´s nothing else too x

Boyface
24-11-2012, 22:07
Jeez, hard cheese sarnie that's a big avoid. But agree there is no harm in making sure it's nothing else. In the meantime stop punishing yourself and AVOID!

samnickgodber
24-11-2012, 22:13
When i first got the intolarance there were certain things i could have say once a week if i´d been good but now i can´t,,,, hard cheese is not as bad as soft cheese either lol, x

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

ps have you actually tried to get decent produce over here for these intolerences and looked at the lists on foods,,,, it takes ages when shopping reading all the labels lol x

Boyface
24-11-2012, 22:30
ps have you actually tried to get decent produce over here for these intolerences and looked at the lists on foods,,,, it takes ages when shopping reading all the labels lol x

I've tried it with and tried it without and now realise it's best to avoid! I no longer need to read the labels and remember them from last time! See the doc and hopefully he will say that nothing more is needed apart from AVOID!

samnickgodber
24-11-2012, 22:47
Do you have one in mind? x