PDA

View Full Version : Property For Sale Advice needed about buying an apartment in Tenerife

adamgregory
25-11-2012, 18:09
Hey there everybody,

Me and my fiance are moving to tenerife next september as she has secured a teaching position in a school near los christianos, anyway weve been looking on rightmove and checking out house prices and there are plenty to choose from, however some are like 2 bed apartments for as little as £25,000 as it states they are bank reposessions and some state that they have been discounted by up to 71% this to me seems far to good to be true, has anyone had any dealings with these 'banks' that are selling these apartments... seems a bit to good to be honest.

anyway any info on this matter would be great :)

Ecky Thump
25-11-2012, 18:40
Hey there everybody,

Me and my fiance are moving to tenerife next september as she has secured a teaching position in a school near los christianos, anyway weve been looking on rightmove and checking out house prices and there are plenty to choose from, however some are like 2 bed apartments for as little as £25,000 as it states they are bank reposessions and some state that they have been discounted by up to 71% this to me seems far to good to be true, has anyone had any dealings with these 'banks' that are selling these apartments... seems a bit to good to be honest.

anyway any info on this matter would be great :)

Speak to two of our forum members, CIM and Young Golfer, both of them are well respected and come highly recommended in the Tenerife property market.:)

adamgregory
25-11-2012, 18:48
Hi ecky, ive already wrote to them, thanks very much :)

tracy hampshire
25-11-2012, 18:58
if i were you i would look at renting for a few months & see how things go, you can check out the situation , also different areas & house prices , rentals are cheap over here and it will give you time to look around and find the right place , good luck in your move :)

zumba queen
25-11-2012, 22:27
Very very easy to buy a cheap apt in tenerife,but you can also buy very cheap property at home,reason being area,neighbours & future re-sale value of property either in Britain or Tenerife.
Every thing is not greener in the land of dreams but hopefully you will find somewhere to live and enjoy living in Tenerife.

bonitatime
26-11-2012, 09:33
It depends where we are talking about
A lot of the very cheap apartments are in El Fraile which is not everyone's ideal location. I would come and look first

CIM
26-11-2012, 14:07
You get what you pay for a lot of the time. If you are happy living in a not so desirable Spanish town somewhere then there are some very cheap properties but they are usually very cheap for a reason...!
It might work for some folks but it isn't going to be suitable for most - certainly not for most British with basic expectations on standards and size. Might be better as suggested to rent in a few of these areas before you buy something.