PDA

View Full Version : How do I get to Masca Bay on my own?

El Rico PL
21-06-2011, 15:04
Hi,
I am planning pass Masca Bay this year (I was three times there but never passed Masca Bay before) I donīt know how to start. How should I go and if there are any signs how to go? I know that I can take group tour but I donīt like rush. I take camera with me and I would like take a time. I know that I should reserve a ticket there for boat. But how much time does it take to pass Masca when you donīt rush (many stops for photographing with stativ and playing with camera). Maybe there is possibility to hire a guide who go with me and help pass the bay. How much can cost that pleasure if possible? There will be 2 more people with me.

Best Regards
Rafael

sundownersvince
21-06-2011, 15:35
Do you mean walking from Masca and down through the gorge to the beach? I don't think there are any coastal footpaths although there may be one from Teno lighthouse area but not sure how far that one goes.

El Rico PL
21-06-2011, 15:47
Do you mean walking from Masca and down through the gorge to the beach? I don't think there are any coastal footpaths although there may be one from Teno lighthouse area but not sure how far that one goes.

Yes I mean walking from Masca and down through the gorge to the beach.

Zara
21-06-2011, 15:50
Are you wanting to get to Masca or do one of the walks down to the coast http://blog.tenerife.co.uk/driving-masca/

sundownersvince
21-06-2011, 21:19
Titsa bus goes to Masca, they have a website for routes and times.

El Rico PL
21-06-2011, 21:25
Hi,
There is no problem to get to Masca. I am going to take a taxi from Los Gigantes. I just donīt know how o start going down from Masca village towards beach.

Hi,
There is no problem to get to Masca. I am going to take a taxi from Los Gigantes. I just donīt know how o start going down from Masca village towards beach.

sundownersvince
22-06-2011, 11:55
The route is well marked, but very obvious anyway.........DOWN!.........I wouldn't want to do it coming up. :eek: So dont miss the boat!

Goforgold
22-06-2011, 12:00
The route is well marked, but very obvious anyway.........DOWN!.........I wouldn't want to do it coming up. :eek: So dont miss the boat!

Roughly how long would it take to walk please?

Goforgold
22-06-2011, 12:07
The taxi driver will show you were to start. It is marked with a large yellow sign that is visible from the parking. We booked the latest boat back but we were at the beach earlier. I got the impression there were more boat trips scheduled than they told us at the shop and it was no problem taking an earlier one back to Los Gigantes.

How long did it take you to walk please? :)

bonitatime
22-06-2011, 12:20
I would allow 5 hours

Goforgold
22-06-2011, 12:23
I would allow 5 hours

5 hours !! I think I may have to give it a miss then :(

poker
28-06-2011, 08:55
Go before 9 am to one of the excurtionshops in Los Gigantes , you can buy a ticket there for the boat and transport to Masca is also provided .
So you can leave youre car there and pick it up again when you get back with the boat .

Sent using Tapatalk.

Goforgold
28-06-2011, 17:09
For us it was 4 hours. We went slow and steady and let everyone else to overtake us. It's easy enough to find the path. There are a few places were we climbed over some boulders and once or twice we had to backtrack a few meters to find an easier way. ĄDon't go with slippers though!

What footwear did you wear? Would a good pair of running shoes be ok? I don't fancy lugging my walking boots !! :)

Go before 9 am to one of the excurtionshops in Los Gigantes , you can buy a ticket there for the boat and transport to Masca is also provided .
So you can leave youre car there and pick it up again when you get back with the boat .

Sent using Tapatalk.

The idea is growing on me!! Mind you I am feeling fit today!! :) If we go before 9.00am to Los Gigantes to book, roughly how long after that would the first excursion be please? Any idea on cost for 2 ? Thanks :)

imablue
28-06-2011, 20:06
whoever is going...be it on their own or with others in your company i,d advise a PM to forum member Cyberhiker..he is the man who knows this route well....
he did have a minor mishap a few weeks ago on this walk...so a chat would enlighten you... i would think.. take care out there..

Goforgold
28-06-2011, 21:11
whoever is going...be it on their own or with others in your company i,d advise a PM to forum member Cyberhiker..he is the man who knows this route well....
he did have a minor mishap a few weeks ago on this walk...so a chat would enlighten you... i would think.. take care out there..

If Cyberhiker had a mishap, then I'm not so sure about me!! :( I will give it a bit more serious thought before I get carried away!! :)

imablue
28-06-2011, 21:46
my post is a suggestion.. not meant to put anyone off this superb walk... Cyberhiker twisted his foot over and that in turn slowed his pace down.....

Goforgold
28-06-2011, 21:51
my post is a suggestion.. not meant to put anyone off this superb walk... Cyberhiker twisted his foot over and that in turn slowed his pace down.....

That's ok then - my OH twisted his foot just in the garden so it can happen anywhere. If it's not too hot when we are over in October we may give it a go - will look into it further beforehand.

Just had a chat with OH and he has agreed to do the walk with me. Checked out photos and can't wait to get there!! :)