PDA

View Full Version : Home and Garden Christmas gift tags idea

canarybird
26-11-2012, 20:54
As I never seemed to find Christmas gift name tags here for attaching to presents for friends and family, and I hate to throw away Christmas cards I’ve received, I save them from year to year, cut off and keep the right side of the page where the person has written their greeting, and take the picture side of the card, cutting it up into squares, and punch a hole in them to make gift tags for Christmas gifts. If the colour is too dark to write the person’s name on it, then I write on the white backside of the tag.

Saves buying new ones and gives me a way of reusing the old cards without tossing them in the bin.

These just need the little ribbon threaded through the hole to attach to the gift.

http://canarybird.smugmug.com/Gardens/SummerFall-2012/i-4KxX9xP/0/L/P1160950-L.jpg

Canarybird

Harmonicaman
26-11-2012, 20:58
There's a warthog knocked a baby out of it's cot...

obs
26-11-2012, 23:57
As I never seemed to find Christmas gift name tags here for attaching to presents for friends and family, and I hate to throw away Christmas cards I’ve received, I save them from year to year, cut off and keep the right side of the page where the person has written their greeting, and take the picture side of the card, cutting it up into squares, and punch a hole in them to make gift tags for Christmas gifts. If the colour is too dark to write the person’s name on it, then I write on the white backside of the tag.

Saves buying new ones and gives me a way of reusing the old cards without tossing them in the bin.

These just need the little ribbon threaded through the hole to attach to the gift.

http://canarybird.smugmug.com/Gardens/SummerFall-2012/i-4KxX9xP/0/L/P1160950-L.jpg

Canarybird

Done it for years CB, has always worked for us :)
I also remember using her pinking shears once to cut the card - got a right upping for that. Apparantly the card is tougher than the cloth to cut, and would blunt the shears ???, but they did look better with the dragon tooth cut. :lol:

canarybird
27-11-2012, 11:39
Yes I bet the pinked edges look good. However, I agree that Thou Shalt Never Use dressmaking or pinking shears to cut anything other than cloth! :nono:

I have used my small dressmaking shears for trimming my hair though. Wonderful and sharp.....so far. :cheeky:

Hmmm I wonder what one does when pinking shears become dull. Can't imagine using a file on every one of those teeth.

Canarybird

Harmonicaman
27-11-2012, 17:51
Yes I bet the pinked edges look good. However, I agree that Thou Shalt Never Use dressmaking or pinking shears to cut anything other than cloth! :nono:

I have used my small dressmaking shears for trimming my hair though. Wonderful and sharp.....so far. :cheeky:

Hmmm I wonder what one does when pinking shears become dull. Can't imagine using a file on every one of those teeth.

Canarybird

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMeYXf9DxxI

canarybird
27-11-2012, 18:04
Interesting ...sounds like he knows what he's doing but I guess he doesn't live around here does he?

I'll think I'll just have to leave my tags with straight edges.

chifleta
27-11-2012, 21:15
good idea, i've got a pile of old crimbo cards that I was loathe to throw out too... only problem is i'm broke and not buying many presents this year... LOL

ps. i've used wallpaper scissors to cut my hair once eeeeeek

Harmonicaman
27-11-2012, 21:32
good idea, i've got a pile of old crimbo cards that I was loathe to throw out too... only problem is i'm broke and not buying many presents this year... LOL

ps. i've used wallpaper scissors to cut my hair once eeeeeek

...were you plastered?

chifleta
27-11-2012, 21:35
...were you plastered?

:c2::c2::c2: very droll :neener::neener::eyebrows::eyebrows::whistle::cryl aughing:

marbro8
27-11-2012, 22:14
your idea sounds fab and more exciting cb but i couldn't be a***d i would rather go to our local card shop and buy 20 for £1:lol: but i suppose you don't have the choice in tenerife we have here back in the uk;)

canarybird
28-11-2012, 00:38
your idea sounds fab and more exciting cb but i couldn't be a***d i would rather go to our local card shop and buy 20 for £1:lol: but i suppose you don't have the choice in tenerife we have here back in the uk;)

Yes I've never found packages of Christmas name tags here in local paper shops, so it's not just a case of having little choice, it's that they're not sold here. So one has to improvise, and it does get rid of some of those old cards from past years that I've not wanted to throw away. :)

lynsababe
01-01-2013, 19:28
I think iticer to make your own, though I also make my own cards for brthdays and Christmas.

Fivepence
01-01-2013, 20:02
I think iticer to make your own, though I also make my own cards for brthdays and Christmas.

:welcome: to the forum Lyns.
By the way, the green font colour doesn't really work.
It's difficult to read.

:sorry: