PDA

View Full Version : What is your opinion on Club La Costa fly/buy offers?

marbro8
21-06-2011, 19:32
when we came to tenerife in may we were walking through the airport at birmingham and while i was distracted my wife (bless her ) was collered by to women asking if she wanted to enter a competition to win a holiday, before i could drag her away she gave out my mobile number:wall:, i explained to her it was time share and she said she did not know, well sure enough they rang last night offering a free all expenses paid week for 4 to either mainland spain or the canary island, all we have to pay is £29 admin fee, now we know it's time share but would it be that bad to go on it? i mean 4 flights a weeks free accomodation? it all sounds togood to be true, i wonder how hard the sell is and if it would spoil the break if we did take them up on the offer? i think they said it was club la costa, i was wondering if any other members have experienced them and what would they do faced with this situation:lol:

Jackie
21-06-2011, 19:40
Go for it, as you say it is a cheap holiday at the end of the day. They have to inform you that you will have to attend a presentation but by law now they can't keep you for longer than 90 minutes. What's 90 minutes out of a week?

slodgedad
21-06-2011, 19:45
I know a couple of people who have done this. As long as you give up an hour and a half I'm told there isn't a catch.

Depends how strong willed you are for 90 minutes.

As Jackie says, Why not?

with cheese
21-06-2011, 19:46
Marbs they may make you take their flights, over priced. We had a friends Club la Costa, 2 weeks last year that he could not use.
I would not stay again.
Drinks over priced, not that we use the hotel bar much. The rep's pester you constantly and the rooms not that clean.
Staff very unfriendly and rude, not all but 60/40.
Rooms quite small.
Also watch out for extra charges whan you arrive. This could be key, electricity, parking, maid service, towels etc.

marbro8
21-06-2011, 19:48
Go for it, as you say it is a cheap holiday at the end of the day. They have to inform you that you will have to attend a presentation but by law now they can't keep you for longer than 90 minutes. What's 90 minutes out of a week?i have read some horror stories on the internet about their company but also some happy customers? most of them having to go to a presentation in leeds:doh:i know where i would sooner attend one lol( not that i have anything against leeds)

Jackie
21-06-2011, 19:56
i have read some horror stories on the internet about their company but also some happy customers? most of them having to go to a presentation in leeds:doh:i know where i would sooner attend one lol( not that i have anything against leeds)

exactly :) just get them to confirm everything in writing i.e. that you will not have to pay any more money on arrival other than what they have already told you. If they put you in a room like withcheese describes there is your reason for not buying haha

marbro8
21-06-2011, 20:00
Marbs they may make you take their flights, over priced. We had a friends Club la Costa, 2 weeks last year that he could not use.
I would not stay again.
Drinks over priced, not that we use the hotel bar much. The rep's pester you constantly and the rooms not that clean.
Staff very unfriendly and rude, not all but 60/40.
Rooms quite small.
Also watch out for extra charges whan you arrive. This could be key, electricity, parking, maid service, towels etc.aaaah right i thought there may be a catch somewhere, they have offered us the flights for free i mean kev but not sure if you can pick your destination? i mean, if we could choose tenerife i thought great!! we could just use the place as a base and use the local bars and restaurants as normal, but if we are just goin to get stung with hidden extras then it could be an expensive break!!

Jackie
21-06-2011, 20:01
aaaah right i thought there may be a catch somewhere, they have offered us the flights for free i mean kev but not sure if you can pick your destination? i mean, if we could choose tenerife i thought great!! we could just use the place as a base and use the local bars and restaurants as normal, but if we are just goin to get stung with hidden extras then it could be an expensive break!!

Just ask them before booking about any extra charges and when they say no ask for it in writing

chifleta
21-06-2011, 20:02
, i wonder how hard the sell is and if it would spoil the break if we did take them up on the offer?

I have friends that won 2 of these freebies this year... and they took them together.... they had a first week in Los Cristianos and had a nice time (though apartment view wasnt great and the neighbours upstairs were a bit noisy at times, but hey ho) up in one of the Hollywood hotels (think it was Beverly Hills timeshare), they did have to sit through a THREE HOUR hard sell, untill my friend said to them what part of "I have no money" don't you understand :run:... their second week was in the Perla Gris (Pearly Grey) in Callao Salvaje, which they loved.. and no hard sell this time... they went with their 3 kids and loved it... well worth it for that price.... just don't flash your mastercard about LOL :D

marbro8
21-06-2011, 20:07
I have friends that won 2 of these freebies this year... and they took them together.... they had a first week in Los Cristianos and had a nice time (though apartment view wasnt great and the neighbours upstairs were a bit noisy at times, but hey ho) up in one of the Hollywood hotels (think it was Beverly Hills timeshare), they did have to sit through a THREE HOUR hard sell, untill my friend said to them what part of "I have no money" don't you understand :run:... their second week was in the Perla Gris (Pearly Grey) in Callao Salvaje, which they loved.. and no hard sell this time... they went with their 3 kids and loved it... well worth it for that price.... just don't flash your mastercard about LOL :Dno problem there my wife cut all the credit cards up last time we paid em off!!! lol

Added after 2 minutes:

Just ask them before booking about any extra charges and when they say no ask for it in writingthey have just rung back but didn't answer it lol just putin it off till we read all the feedback off you guys ha ha, then we have got all the ammo we need when we do answer:lol:

chifleta
21-06-2011, 20:12
no problem there my wife cut all the credit cards up last time we paid em off!!! lol

:lol::lol: btw i always have a good old look through reviews on trip advisor too, and then take an average of good and bad reviews... like you said, just use it as a base... my friends hardly stayed in the Cristianos apartment, but they loved the other place - they were showing me the prices for the timeshares, and personally I think it's ridiculously crazy prices they're asking...

marbro8
21-06-2011, 20:16
I know a couple of people who have done this. As long as you give up an hour and a half I'm told there isn't a catch.

Depends how strong willed you are for 90 minutes.

As Jackie says, Why not? i am strong willed slodge but my wife is stronger:D, i came up with a fantastic idea of telling them i lived in rented accomadation untill she told me she had already told them we were home owners:doh:

Added after 3 minutes:

:lol::lol: btw i always have a good old look through reviews on trip advisor too, and then take an average of good and bad reviews... like you said, just use it as a base... my friends hardly stayed in the Cristianos apartment, but they loved the other place - they were showing me the prices for the timeshares, and personally I think it's ridiculously crazy prices they're asking...yea just been looking, there are some horror stories but the thing that shocked me was the fact that rip off brittain with jenny bond were going to do an expose on the company and suddenly pulled the plug on the programe only for her to then start advertising the company????

slodgedad
21-06-2011, 20:22
i am strong willed slodge but my wife is stronger:D, i came up with a fantastic idea of telling them i lived in rented accomadation untill she told me she had already told them we were home owners:doh:

Added after 3 minutes:

yea just been looking, there are some horror stories but the thing that shocked me was the fact that rip off brittain with jenny bond were going to do an expose on the company and suddenly pulled the plug on the programe only for her to then start advertising the company????

That's what those 'Win A Holiday' questionaires are for, to judge your suitability as a customer at the presentation., ie, income, age, holiday experience, home owner, married or single etc. etc.

tonypub
21-06-2011, 21:16
better to be safe than sorry

doreen
21-06-2011, 21:47
better to be safe than sorry

Does that mean Yes or No to taking the "freebie" :lol:

with cheese
21-06-2011, 21:52
Are you offering Freebies Doreen, great, thanks.:raspberry2:

timmylish
22-06-2011, 14:29
What a lot of girl,s blouses on here nowadays!

Big Al
22-06-2011, 18:22
I know quite a few people that have gone on this. You will have to sit through a presentation, however when you get fed up, you just have to mention you know where to get the product much cheaper from those who are selling it on resale. Quote the CLCMembers.co.uk and HolidayAuctions.org.uk sites. The product is quite good and not suitable for everyone, but talk to the owners themselves and see, then make your own mind up. Enjoy the holiday, it's a bargain, but don't get sucked in to paying their price.:lol:

slodgedad
22-06-2011, 21:28
I know quite a few people that have gone on this. You will have to sit through a presentation, however when you get fed up, you just have to mention you know where to get the product much cheaper from those who are selling it on resale. Quote the CLCMembers.co.uk and HolidayAuctions.org.uk sites. The product is quite good and not suitable for everyone, but talk to the owners themselves and see, then make your own mind up. Enjoy the holiday, it's a bargain, but don't get sucked in to paying their price.:lol:

The reason that a lot of people, who wouldn't normally part with money actually do, is that they are in holiday mode, which is why they catch you on day 2 or 3.

Nicely relaxed, basking in the sunshine, envying the people that live here.etc.etc.

Keep focused. If you like the product, then fine.

Imagine someone has come to your house to sell, without the benefit of the atmosphere, then what would you do?

Holiday mode can be devasting at the wrong times.

Ask yourself, 'How many times have I bought a piece of Junk on holiday?

A €10 watch is one thing, but a debt is so much more.

(Personal opinion. Nothing to do with my Mod duties)

Tom & Sharon
23-06-2011, 09:04
We have friends who have been with Club La Costa for years. They have always been highly satisfied with it.

They went on the freebie holiday to Spain. Said they stopped in top quality accommodation and loved it, went to the presentation and bought. They have never regretted it. They say they always get top accommodation wherever they go, and have 3 weeks a year. They have Feb half term, May half term, and Oct half term, so must be expensive weeks but still really happy with it.

Our friend is a chartered accountant as well, so I can't see them confusing him with figures!

with cheese
23-06-2011, 09:13
Can't see them boring him either.
Still more expensive than renting from a reputable agent that you get used to.
There are so many add ons and if you can't use a week and allow a friend to, its stupid money.
Time shares, not worth it. imo.

timmylish
23-06-2011, 23:16
We have friends who have been with Club La Costa for years. They have always been highly satisfied with it.

They went on the freebie holiday to Spain. Said they stopped in top quality accommodation and loved it, went to the presentation and bought. They have never regretted it. They say they always get top accommodation wherever they go, and have 3 weeks a year. They have Feb half term, May half term, and Oct half term, so must be expensive weeks but still really happy with it.

Our friend is a chartered accountant as well, so I can't see them confusing him with figures!

Its not unusual for well educated people to buy this product as they value the quality higher than some other people do. Good to hear your friends are happy. It would surprise people if they knew how many new owners join CLC daily! Must be doing something right.

doreen
23-06-2011, 23:36
Its not unusual for well educated people to buy this product as they value the quality higher than some other people do. Good to hear your friends are happy. It would surprise people if they knew how many new owners join CLC daily! Must be doing something right.

The product may be good, but doesn't it have to be overpriced if huge sales commissions are being paid ???

timmylish
24-06-2011, 00:14
No different to the comms paid in other industries. ie. Insurance. Investment products. Real Estate. Brokerage. etc etc.

anniemc
24-06-2011, 11:01
We had CLC trial membership before we moved to Tenerife and probably would have bought the full package if we hadn't decided to settle in the sun because we love the standard of the accommodation and the resorts. However, its not cheap, and it isn't marketed as being cheap. The fly/buy scheme works for them as you will be wooed by the resorts and the elitism of owning on these complexes. But you can always say NO. We went to lots of these presentations and we were only made to feel uncomfortable once, so we complained and apologies were made. If you can say no (usually easier if you definitely cannot afford it!) then go on this holiday and make the most of it. You can always cook for yourselves or eat out, and there is no requirement to eat or drink in the on-site restaurants and bars.

Cruise
25-06-2011, 21:00
Just go , have fun and after 90 minutes, say...I am meeting some friends now.....will get back to u.....then u decide.....the problem is never the accomodation ...it is the HIGH MAINTENIACE fee....Enjoy your hols.

marbro8
25-06-2011, 22:29
they rang again today and i said" sorry but i have read to many complaints about your company on the internet" and she just laughed and said ok no probs, but i did notice she quoted the company as CLC not club la costa? sorry folks but my holiday weeks are precious so i have wimped out:hole:

anniemc
26-06-2011, 10:23
Its the same thing- CLC or Club la Costa. You have to do what is comfortable for you. If you ever come to Tenerife - have a look at a Club la Costa resort, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Big Al
06-07-2011, 12:01
Agree with Slodgedad entirely. Folks just need to be sure they are entitled to a cool off period and then also they'll get time to seach online and investigate. I've helped people get out of these signups before as well. Mainly because of their rights if they've used a Credit Card to pay a deposits.

williethetim
06-07-2011, 12:47
The reason that a lot of people, who wouldn't normally part with money actually do, is that they are in holiday mode, which is why they catch you on day 2 or 3.

Nicely relaxed, basking in the sunshine, envying the people that live here.etc.etc.

Keep focused. If you like the product, then fine.

Imagine someone has come to your house to sell, without the benefit of the atmosphere, then what would you do?

Holiday mode can be devasting at the wrong times.

Ask yourself, 'How many times have I bought a piece of Junk on holiday?

A €10 watch is one thing, but a debt is so much more.

(Personal opinion. Nothing to do with my Mod duties)

totally agree slodge , we ended up owners for 11 years but the maintenance became over 400 euros a week ( flamingos next to Harleys ), i know their nice aparts, but not 800 quid for 2 weeks nice.. we have now moved back to brochure holidays, but its been helpful knowing where places are situated..
santa Maria this year £390 each for 2 weeks flights (good times ), accomodation, airport transfers , 22kg of luggage..canny whackit..

with cheese
06-07-2011, 12:57
Its the same thing- CLC or Club la Costa. You have to do what is comfortable for you. If you ever come to Tenerife - have a look at a Club la Costa resort, you may be pleasantly surprised.
Do You work for them?
We thought it is fine if you do the trial, as some one we got talking at the hotel was, but ours which was a mates two weeks we had bought off him, was below standard.
3 star perhaps

teno
06-07-2011, 13:16
I haven't read all the replies here, but I just want to say that I worked for CLC for a few years. They are a legal company offering the chance on fly-buy for people to take a look. If you come to Tenerife you will probably stay on Golf del Sur, or at least fly-buys did when I was there. Your presentation usually consists of a free b/fast, and then you will be shown around and the timeshare experience will be fully explained to you. It will prob take a morning, but it is an interesting experience. CLC is not one of these 'holiday clubs' which consists of little more than hot air. They do not offer a money-back voucher scheme, which is illegal. CLC is a good company, and if you get involved you will be enrolled to RCI, which is the largest timeshare exchange company in the world, and gives you the opportunity to travel elsewhere.
If, however, you only want to holiday in Tenerife then I suggest you look at the company which was mentioned in the 1st page, I can thoroughly recommend that one. If you don't know which Co. I am referring to then please PM me.

MaxineC
06-07-2011, 19:02
We went on one to Pearly Grey (Perla Gris) about 9 years ago. We paid £99 admin fee for 2 adults & 1 child, and had to go on a 90 minute presentation, which was soft sell and we were treated to a nice lunch at the end of it. I'd sold timeshare here in the 80's (and that was seriously hard sell) so was was fully prepared for what may have been ahead of us. i was more than pleasantly surprised with PG's attitude...

We had a great week with there, and re-visited a couple of more times before moving here. If you go into these things clued up, you shouldn't have any problems...

marbro8
06-07-2011, 19:45
the thing is maxinec there are so many conflicting reports on these things, and like i said when you only have 4 weeks a year for your holidays you have to use them wisely, i would hate to go on one and find out that it was rubbish and regretted taking it, far better to book exactly what you want and pay that little bit more, you know what they say" you get what you pay for":eyebrows:

MaxineC
06-07-2011, 19:48
the thing is maxinec there are so many conflicting reports on these things, and like i said when you only have 4 weeks a year for your holidays you have to use them wisely, i would hate to go on one and find out that it was rubbish and regretted taking it, far better to book exactly what you want and pay that little bit more, you know what they say" you get what you pay for":eyebrows:

I understand that, and to be honest, if we hadn't known owners at PG who recommended us for the trip, we possibly wouldn't have taken them up on the offer either... There are some awful stories of what some people have endured on these trips.

anniemc
06-07-2011, 20:58
I don't work for them, but I do visit one of the resorts daily and attend the weekly welcome meeting, and most of the people I speak to are very happy with it. We holidayed with CLC for 4 years and couldn't fault their customer service. With cheese- What resort did you stay at?

MaxineC
06-07-2011, 21:10
I don't work for them, but I do visit one of the resorts daily and attend the weekly welcome meeting, and most of the people I speak to are very happy with it. We holidayed with CLC for 4 years and couldn't fault their customer service. With cheese- What resort did you stay at?

Aha, I thought it was you.... ;)

anniemc
06-07-2011, 23:21
Aha, I thought it was you.... ;)

Yes, its me, and that is definitely you. Hope you're feeling better x

MaxineC
06-07-2011, 23:23
Yes, its me, and that is definitely you. Hope you're feeling better x

Can't imagine what gave away the fact it was me... :whistle:

Good days & bad ones... will catch up in the morning x ;)

with cheese
06-07-2011, 23:32
Is that on your website Maxine, I will get YG to keep an eye out.

Oh and we stayed at Monteray.

MaxineC
06-07-2011, 23:44
Is that on your website Maxine, I will get YG to keep an eye out.

Oh and we stayed at Monteray.

Is what on my website....

Haven't been in the rooms at the Monteray, but it looks like a lovely resort.... especially the Monteray Royale.

with cheese
06-07-2011, 23:59
YOU and the Geezer earlier.:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::whistle::whis tle::whistle:

MaxineC
07-07-2011, 00:17
YOU and the Geezer earlier.:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::whistle::whis tle::whistle:

??? ??? ??? What geezer..... Arrrggghhhh I'm confused!!!

timmylish
07-07-2011, 22:25
they rang again today and i said" sorry but i have read to many complaints about your company on the internet" and she just laughed and said ok no probs, but i did notice she quoted the company as CLC not club la costa? sorry folks but my holiday weeks are precious so i have wimped out:hole:

Although its obviously your prerogative I,m truly amazed that you opted out. After all, like myself (who has worked for CLC) and others on here who have been to a similar week,s holiday with the presentation and having no problem with saying NO. Whether you can or could not afford the product you would then have been in a position to enter a conversation/debate etc on T/s. One morning out of one day on one holiday. Nothing more. And for FREE? Anyway, just my very considered opinion!

longtallalice
11-07-2011, 01:01
i have been a club la costa member for the last 10 years and have enjoyed many holidays with them , i probably know more about the company than the current reps do - if you understand the system and use it to your advantage you can have fantastic standard accomodation many times a year - yes it cost money in the beginning and yes the maintainance costs are high - but use the offers and freebies to your advantage and say NO if you dont want it they cant make you - i chose to in the first few years and now say No all the time as i have the points i need and use and if i dont use them let family and friends use them for a small fee and get some maintenance costs back - i have been on many other fly buys that have been offered on the phone as i understand the system and actually secretly enjoy the crack and then saying no - its only a couple of hours out of a cheap weeks accomodation - enjoy it and take advantage and if you like what you see invest and enjoy for many years to come if not walk away . And by the way got to like tenerife so much moving out there soon but will still use points to visit Uk and other locations around the world for years to come :)

timmylish
11-07-2011, 12:48
i have been a club la costa member for the last 10 years and have enjoyed many holidays with them , i probably know more about the company than the current reps do - if you understand the system and use it to your advantage you can have fantastic standard accomodation many times a year - yes it cost money in the beginning and yes the maintainance costs are high - but use the offers and freebies to your advantage and say NO if you dont want it they cant make you - i chose to in the first few years and now say No all the time as i have the points i need and use and if i dont use them let family and friends use them for a small fee and get some maintenance costs back - i have been on many other fly buys that have been offered on the phone as i understand the system and actually secretly enjoy the crack and then saying no - its only a couple of hours out of a cheap weeks accomodation - enjoy it and take advantage and if you like what you see invest and enjoy for many years to come if not walk away . And by the way got to like tenerife so much moving out there soon but will still use points to visit Uk and other locations around the world for years to come :)

I await with bated breath to see the reaction of the usual culprits castigating people, like yourself, who actually own and enjoy their T/s. Do not be drawn into the normal attempts to denigrate your purchase, albeit years ago!

tonypub
11-07-2011, 13:43
timeshare resorts are fantastic value for money at the moment,nearly all here under £300 pw with no maintainence fees.no sign up.no presentationhttp://www.medresorts.net/search.aspx?dur=7&oc=1&d=15/07/2011%2002:24:00&dst=S-112&dstn=Spain%20-%20Canary%20Islands&dst1=none&dst1n=none&dst2=none&dst2n=none&diffd=0.5

timmylish
11-07-2011, 15:44
And no flights

tonypub
11-07-2011, 15:52
And no flightswww.skyscanner.net or are they cheaper to book through timeshare?and if you have timeshare do you get free flights?

timmylish
11-07-2011, 15:55
Read the O/p.

tonypub
11-07-2011, 15:59
Read the O/p.granted:hat:i was wondering if alice gets her flights through ts or are they free?

Tristan
09-08-2011, 14:20
Thanks and sharing nice information.
It increase my knowledge and information.
It is tremendous club and i like it.