PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phones What are Tenerife Forum members' opinions of the Google Nexus 4?

timmylish
05-12-2012, 03:13
I am seriously think of having this smartphone as the reviews both professionally and private seem to make it a goodie. By chance does anyone on this Forum own one or used one 'cause I,d be interested to know your opinion. Look forward to any responses from owners or users, of this phone!

Carol55
05-12-2012, 10:13
Hi Timmy,

I have one and personally I think its a great value phone, it may be a bit "Old hat", but then again, as soon as a new one comes out they say the same!

Firstly, If I wanted to find any downsides it would be..The camera is not the best available in a mobile phone and you can't expand its memory.

Before I bought it my Daughter in Law who is a bit of a Gadget Geek, did a lot of research for me and in all honesty she couldn't fault it, I find it simple to use, great voice clarity, good battery life (if not to many apps running) and it looks top class.

Ecky thump (husband) has a iphone and at times wishes he had mine.:nono:

Ecky Thump
12-12-2012, 13:47
Hi Timmy,

I have one and personally I think its a great value phone, it may be a bit "Old hat", but then again, as soon as a new one comes out they say the same!

Firstly, If I wanted to find any downsides it would be..The camera is not the best available in a mobile phone and you can't expand its memory.

Before I bought it my Daughter in Law who is a bit of a Gadget Geek, did a lot of research for me and in all honesty she couldn't fault it, I find it simple to use, great voice clarity, good battery life (if not to many apps running) and it looks top class.

Ecky thump (husband) has a iphone and at times wishes he had mine.:nono:

No I don't! Mine is linked to my ipap and Apple TV......Boys toys, but useful and fun.:raspberry:

Fivepence
12-12-2012, 13:59
No I don't! Mine is linked to my ipap and Apple TV......Boys toys, but useful and fun.:raspberry:

Ha Ha........... my wife thinks strange things as well sometimes. :crylaughing:

Don't know anything about these phones, I have a HTC but the wife and 3 grown kids have iPhones.

obs
12-12-2012, 14:01

Oooohh - the thought of being linked to Ecky's ipap :scared::scared:

Ecky Thump
12-12-2012, 14:07

Ha Ha........... my wife thinks strange things as well sometimes. :crylaughing:

Don't know anything about these phones, I have a HTC but the wife and 3 grown kids have iPhones.

Oooohh - the thought of being linked to Ecky's ipap :scared::scared:

All good posts, but none that help Timmy with his search for knowledge, but there again my iphone is great for searching.:cheeky:

bonitatime
12-12-2012, 16:16
I have an iphone4 which I really like. Through my possession have passed a note and another Samsung but I still have the iPhone. I am almost certain if I upgrade it will be the new IPhone.
I like the camera, I like the size the big downside is Apple will not allow flash which means you can't always see we pages. The battery life is short but for 30€ I bought a case with in built second battery which allows me to use the phone all day.