PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having problems uploading photos on to the Forum?

Suej
05-12-2012, 13:04
I have tried to upload a picture on to the Forum today but keep getting Error message and red exclamation mark??? I have cleared all my old attachments but didn't help! eek2:

canarybird
05-12-2012, 13:43
No problem here but I didn't upload directly from my hard drive, but rather from my online hosting site, using the IMG option for pasting the URL.

Suej
05-12-2012, 13:47
I have not had a problem before just uploading from my computer! I even tried taking the same pėc with my mobile phone thinking maybe the one I had taken with my camera was too big! I don't use a host for pics CB as never really needed to! :wave:

I have just tried again with an old pic but no luck! :o

Harmonicaman
05-12-2012, 14:20
http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/harmonicaman_photos/Capture-39.png

Suej
05-12-2012, 14:24
I just saved that pic HM and tried to upload it but nada! I wonder what's wrong! I'll put a ticket in to Admin! Thanks for that! :eyebrows:

Santiago
05-12-2012, 14:39

Just tried one for you, Suej, and it seems okay here! I uploaded this direct from my hard drive and had no problem. It was quite a large file, too.

Suej
05-12-2012, 14:44

Just tried one for you, Suej, and it seems okay here!

Thanks Santi! Ah well I have looked on my setting etc... but can't find anything wrong! If any of Admin look in this is what the error message is! they might be able to tell me if it's my end of theirs!

406 [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2038"]

Santiago
05-12-2012, 15:12
Don't know if this is any help to Admin! It concerns a similar problem but I am not sure what uploaders are used on the Forum:

I was using YUI Uploader for a personal project and it works very well on my development notebook and server. However when the code is live on the server the Flash uploader failed with this error message:

[IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2038"]

After a while I realized that it must be something server-side because when I used WireShark to see the traffic the server returns Error 500. The traffic is not captured by Firebug because it is Flash traffic.

The culprit is ModSecurity, a third party module used by most hosting companies. ModSecurity is a web application firewall that can work either embedded into Apache or as a reverse proxy.

A quick fix to allow uploads is to include these in the .htaccess file. These handle different Apache and ModSecurity versions and since we include the IfModule directive if the module is unavailable no error will be thrown. This relieves the need to consider what version of Apache and ModSecurity is used on the server.

For this example the script that handles the upload is named upload.php.

# Apache 1.x and ModSecurity 1.x
<IfModule mod_security.c>
<Files upload.php>
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</Files>
</IfModule>

# Apache 2.x and ModSecurity 1.x
<IfModule security_module>
<Files upload.php>
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</Files>
</IfModule>

# Apache 2.x and ModSecurity 2.x
<IfModule security2_module>
<Files upload.php>
SecRuleEngine Off
SecRequestBodyAccess Off
</Files>
</IfModule>

That’s it! This fixes the Flash uploader problem.

By the way it might be useful to let you know that this issue was encountered on a server hosted under the Ebiz Linux package by Exabytes.

Suej
05-12-2012, 15:46
Que??? Sorry Santi don't understand a word of your post! I only speak and understand Blonde! :cheeky: Why has it always worked fine and now it doesn't though? that seems a bit weird! I tried on my tablet and the same error message appeared! :duh:

What's a hosting company please?

fixer
05-12-2012, 17:05
The hosting company is the ones that basicly put this web site on the internet .

Harmonicaman
05-12-2012, 17:25
I just tried again Suej and get the same as you...all that bubble stuff and error nonsense.???

Santiago
05-12-2012, 17:27
Que??? Sorry Santi don't understand a word of your post! I only speak and understand Blonde! :cheeky: Why has it always worked fine and now it doesn't though? that seems a bit weird! I tried on my tablet and the same error message appeared! :duh:

What's a hosting company please?

Sorry, Suej, the copy I included was meant for the Admin experts in case it was of any help. Don't worry about it as it is not your problem but something to do with security on the server, I think.

Suej
05-12-2012, 17:31
Sorry, Suej, the copy I included was meant for the Admin experts in case it was of any help. Don't worry about it as it is not your problem but something to do with security on the server, I think.

Phew!!! thank gawd for that Santi! I thought you had just gorne dyslexic or summat! :lol:

Harmonicaman
05-12-2012, 20:06
http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/harmonicaman_photos/Capture-12.png

It lets me upload from a hosting site (photobucket) but not from my destop.

Suej
05-12-2012, 22:39
http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/harmonicaman_photos/Capture-12.png

It lets me upload from a hosting site (photobucket) but not from my destop.

Thanks HM! I don't use those sites - no need for them! I can't even remember where to find how I post a help ticket! Forgot!!! going for a large glass of red!:yum::doh:

Suej
06-12-2012, 14:43
I have looked and looked and cannot find how you put in a help ticket on the Forum! is this option no longer available???

Fivepence
06-12-2012, 15:05
I have looked and looked and cannot find how you put in a help ticket on the Forum! is this option no longer available???

Open a ticket using the contact form here ................... link (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/content.php?150-Tenerife-Forum-Contact-Form)

:tiphat:

If you scroll to the bottom of the screen on any page, you will see 'contact us' on the left hand side Suej. Just click on that to post a new ticket.

Suej
06-12-2012, 16:32
Open a ticket using the contact form here ................... link (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/content.php?150-Tenerife-Forum-Contact-Form)

:tiphat:

If you scroll to the bottom of the screen on any page, you will see 'contact us' on the left hand side Suej. Just click on that to post a new ticket.

Thanks Fivepence! put a ticket in! :D

Suej
09-12-2012, 13:55
Still can't upload pics from pc to Forum posts! :cry: Just asked on a PC Forum and they say it is a vB4 issue? still means nada to me!:duh:

Harmonicaman
09-12-2012, 16:55
Still can't upload pics from pc to Forum posts! :cry: Just asked on a PC Forum and they say it is a vB4 issue? still means nada to me!:duh:

I've put a "ticket" in too suej. Here's where we are so far...

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/harmonicaman_photos/Ticket.png

Fivepence
09-12-2012, 17:10

.................test

I've just uploaded this from my pc (and no it isn't me or my cabbage.....ha ha)

Anyway, it works ok for me so wouldn't that indicate that it isn't a server problem?
If it was a server problem then it should affect all users!

I'm not a techy but I would carry out basic pc maintenance, such as clear cache etc.
Then reboot.

You never know, it may work.

Suej
09-12-2012, 17:23

.................test

I've just uploaded this from my pc (and no it isn't me or my cabbage.....ha ha)

Anyway, it works ok for me so wouldn't that indicate that it isn't a server problem?
If it was a server problem then it should affect all users!

I'm not a techy but I would carry out basic pc maintenance, such as clear cache etc.
Then reboot.

You never know, it may work.

Hi Fivepence! I have tried everything I use CCleaner every day, plus a registry cleaner and clear cache I have uninstalled Chrome and am going to reinstall it as it was not loading properly to see if that works! I'm using Firefox at the mo! what browser are you using?:thanx:
Support asked for more info but there's not much more I can tell them!

Fivepence
09-12-2012, 17:36
Hi Fivepence! I have tried everything I use CCleaner every day, plus a registry cleaner and clear cache I have uninstalled Chrome and am going to reinstall it as it was not loading properly to see if that works! I'm using Firefox at the mo! what browser are you using?:thanx:
Support asked for more info but there's not much more I can tell them!

I'm using Chrome as well Sue.

Hope you get it sorted, there must be some members with computer skills that can help.

Suej
09-12-2012, 17:42
I'm using Chrome as well Sue.

Hope you get it sorted, there must be some members with computer skills that can help.

Firefox is my default browser so would rather stay with that! it seems that Firefox users might be the only ones that have a problem! Thanks for replying Hon!:)

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

4264 YES!!! works on Chrome! hope Support team can sort it out for Firefox!

henry
10-12-2012, 17:32
whatīs up admits!!!

just wanna said i canīt post no more pictures or videos on the forum any more!! can you take a look into it?? every time i try to post a photo it keep coming back with a message keep saying canīt do that!! can you look into it cheers henry

Fivepence
10-12-2012, 17:36
whatīs up admits!!!

just wanna said i canīt post no more pictures or videos on the forum any more!! can you take a look into it?? every time i try to post a photo it keep coming back with a message keep saying canīt do that!! can you look into it cheers henry

Post a help ticket Henry, the link is ...............here. (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/content.php?150-Tenerife-Forum-Contact-Form)

slodgedad
10-12-2012, 17:39
There is a problem. It is being addressed.

henry
10-12-2012, 17:58
thanks!!!!!!!

deepdivejunkie
31-12-2012, 23:13
Any news on this problem as its still not been fixed.

Thanks

Pooh
01-01-2013, 17:06

Will this work ...?

deepdivejunkie
01-01-2013, 17:16

Will this work ...?

Nope. Tried again.. Same result. Uploads then stops with error message.. the same as others have been getting.

Pooh
01-01-2013, 17:20
It works when using the "Basic Uploader" (Link at the bottom right when the upload window is opened.)

I'm digging into why the standard uploader doesn't work... Santiago suggested a mod_security issue, but there is nothing in the mod_security logs indicating that.

In the mean time, just use the "Basic Uploader", and it'll work.

--Pooh

Pooh
01-01-2013, 17:40

Ok, did a couple of config changes to the server (won't mention what for security reasons), and now it should work for everyone.
Just used the flash uploader to upload the pic above, using Firefox.

I'm not sure what changed or when, since the server config has been the same all along...

--P

Suej
01-01-2013, 18:05

Ok, did a couple of config changes to the server (won't mention what for security reasons), and now it should work for everyone.
Just used the flash uploader to upload the pic above, using Firefox.

I'm not sure what changed or when, since the server config has been the same all along...

--P

Thabk you so much Pooh! I am using Chrome just for the Forum but will go back to firefox and post a pic! Not that I don't believe you!:lol: Thanks again!:bowdown:

Pooh
01-01-2013, 18:10
Thabk you so much Pooh! I am using Chrome just for the Forum but will go back to firefox and post a pic! Not that I don't believe you!:lol: Thanks again!:bowdown:

Let me know if it doesn't work, but it really, really, should... now. :)

deepdivejunkie
01-01-2013, 18:27
Just used the basic uploader which was fine.
Will try the other next time.
Thanks

Suej
01-01-2013, 19:40
4310 Wey Hey!:jumping: