PDA

View Full Version : Where's Slodgey?

Harmonicaman
06-12-2012, 00:05
Haven't heard much from Slodgedad lately, is he OK????

Carol55
06-12-2012, 00:23
Haven't heard much from Slodgedad lately, is he OK????

I'm not 100% sure, but I seem to remember him talking about a holiday in the UK and for some reason sunny Blackpool springs to mind, but remember as Ecky often says....I could be wrong.:wink:

Harmonicaman
06-12-2012, 00:34
Thanks Carol. Hope you and Eric are OK. :wave:

primrose
06-12-2012, 01:02
Said on the Holiday thread he was back on the 25th of November, he was only going for 10 days.

AL JAY
06-12-2012, 01:23
Im only guessing here but i remember seeing a post a few weeks ago that the Dragon bar had closed and i think his son was the manager and Slodgie used to frequent it,I was sure Slodge would post on that thread because he seemed to be in there a fair bit,that was when i realised he hadn't posted for a while! I sincerely hope he is ok, Hopefully Slodge and the family are away and the bar is only closed temporarily!!! Come back Slodgie we all miss you!

Malteser Monkey
06-12-2012, 11:53
come in Slodgie mate !

KJ or Mike have you any idea if he's ok ?

cainaries
06-12-2012, 13:18
Hope he is okay. Haven't even seen him down in the Vault checking up on us all down there.

Malteser Monkey
06-12-2012, 13:30
Hope he is okay. Haven't even seen him down in the Vault checking up on us all down there.

ohh so they'll be riots then :cheeky:

good afternoon - thak you for joining us - just trying to sort out some lunch

Malteser Monkey
06-12-2012, 15:58
I was told that King Edwards were 'chineguas' for the same reason, but different pronunciation. :)

KJ donde esta nuestra Slodgie ? sabes algo ?

KirstyJay
06-12-2012, 16:52
I've just called him, as I'd not heard owt either. He's fine, but can't type due to a problem with one of his hands, so has not been posting or modding. He's seeing his doc tomorrow, so will be back when he can.

He thanks you all for your concern and asks you to not make lots of work for me ;) :)

KirstyJay
06-12-2012, 16:55
KJ donde esta nuestra Slodgie ? sabes algo ?That's off topic. There's a thread about it, so please ask there :)

Malteser Monkey
06-12-2012, 16:58
I've just called him, as I'd not heard owt either. He's fine, but can't type due to a problem with one of his hands, so has not been posting or modding. He's seeing his doc tomorrow, so will be back when he can.

He thanks you all for your concern and asks you to not make lots of work for me ;) :)

lame excuse - he has two doesn't he - typical man !:cheeky:

Get better soon Slodgie !

Ok KJ I'll fill in on the Welcome to the forum for him ! best I can:wave:

sundownersvince
06-12-2012, 17:05

Harmonicaman has got a sprained wrist but its not stopped him posting, and I use just one finger anyway!

Malteser Monkey
06-12-2012, 17:06
That's off topic. There's a thread about it, so please ask there :)

I did it's just I noticed you on here and thought I'd get your attention.... it's in Spanish and can be seen as a casual phrase asking where someone is :neener::cheeky::cheeky:

you know me never off topic:whistle:

KirstyJay
06-12-2012, 17:07
Harmonicaman has got a sprained wrist but its not stopped him posting, and I use just one finger anyway!
But you can't MOD with one finger... it'd take you forever!

KirstyJay
06-12-2012, 17:11
I did it's just I noticed you on here and thought I'd get your attention.... it's in Spanish and can be seen as a casual phrase asking where someone is :neener::cheeky::cheeky:

you know me never off topic:whistle:

You can get someone's attention in ANY thread by typing the @ symbol directly before their username... for example, Malteser Monkey. Taking a thread off topic, just creates more work, as I now how to spend time moving your posts to the correct topic ;)

primrose
06-12-2012, 17:12

He doesn't need to MOD he could just post.

KirstyJay
06-12-2012, 17:16
He doesn't need to MOD he could just post.Well, he sounded fine on the phone, he said he was fine, and he said he's seeing the doc tomorrow.

It's not really up to me if he posts or not, and I'm not going to badger him to do so if he's in pain with his hand... but if you want to encourage him to do so, then get in touch with him. :)

He may have other things to do, I don't know... I was just conveying the news to anyone that was concerned.

Carol55
06-12-2012, 17:17

You can if you just raise the one finger, we would all get that instant message of how the moderator feels!!:cheeky:

KirstyJay
06-12-2012, 17:18
You can if you just raise the one finger, we would all get that instant message of how the moderator feels!!:cheeky: TheBloke just said that he could use his other hand, then it'd seem like someone else was doing it ;) :lol:

tizzywizzy
08-12-2012, 20:52
Glad to see you back Slodgedad.:welcome:

slodgedad
08-12-2012, 21:03
Have been back on for a couple of days modding. Not posted much as it is hard when you only have the use of one hand.

(Maybe I shoud rephrase that) :)

Fivepence
08-12-2012, 21:05
Have been back on for a couple of days modding. Not posted much as it is hard when you only have the use of one hand.

No need to rephrase it Slodge, we of the older generation understand. :wink:

warbey
08-12-2012, 21:06

Too Late Mate......:agree::respect::respect:

cainaries
08-12-2012, 21:07

Looking at your avatar, it seems one hand is reserved for lifting jaras of beer! Miaou. Sorry.

slodgedad
08-12-2012, 21:12
Luckily I have not lost my job as I have been strapping all my fingers together and coping, but at the end of my shift have been unable to use it.

Now I have been laid off for a week I can manage an hour or six on here...

cainaries
08-12-2012, 21:14
Luckily I have not lost my job as I have been strapping all my fingers together and coping, but at the end of my shift have been unable to use it.

We'll try to be well behaved for you. Sorry to hear of your problems.

Santiago
08-12-2012, 23:05

Well, we did miss you, but no sneaking into the Vault now on the pretext of an inspection!!!!!!!!

Malteser Monkey
09-12-2012, 14:46
You can if you just raise the one finger, we would all get that instant message of how the moderator feels!!:cheeky:

I'm sure we have all been on the end of one at some point !

Now do i need to rephrase that :crylaughing::spin:

TheBloke just said that he could use his other hand, then it'd seem like someone else was doing it ;) :lol:

:crylaughing:

Well, we did miss you, but no sneaking into the Vault now on the pretext of an inspection!!!!!!!!

it's all ship shape down there !

warbey
09-12-2012, 21:26
Keep quiet about the Party though! . :sorry::pray::pray: