PDA

View Full Version : Other Where can I get the best deal for car insurance in Tenerife?

barryk
07-04-2012, 14:00
Hi,

We are considering re-locating to Tenerife and I would be grateful if any forum members could give me a rough ball park figure of what I should expect to pay to insure a car.

The car would be something such as a fiesta/C3/206 type vehicle. I am 60 years old with a good NCB in the UK

Any ideas would be appreciated

Many thanks

Barryk:thanx:

timmylish
07-04-2012, 14:24
Go to TIS, a member of here, who is my Agent for one of Spain,s largest Insurers (and for ex-pats). Clio cost us (similar ages) 350 €,s ish for fully comp. small excess and Chris, the owner, is British so language no problems for you. His offices are in Las Chafiras and will really provide a full service in a professional and pleasant way. Very knowledgeable in this industry.

Mia
07-04-2012, 14:48
We have a Citroen C2 1.1. which is 6 years old.

The car is insured in my name as I am female, we were advised to do this as insurance is cheaper for females.
(Don't know if this is still so because of recent things we have read about this being stopped because it was sexist)

Anyway I was 62 at the time and had full NCB, here in tenerife you do not insure a car for a spouse as the insurance covers any driver over the age of 25.

The premium we paid last October was 354.42 euros this was with Zurich Insurance, but you must bear in mind that this includes full breakdown and accident cover because there is no separate services here (i.e. RAC, AA, or Nation Breakdown) all motor insurance covers for full recovery and you have no option. So if you add full emergency cover to your motor insurance it does not sound so bad.

We had full NCB and you need to get a letter from your present insurer to prove this.

Zurich have offices in El Camison and Adeje.
Hope this is helps.

tracy hampshire
06-12-2012, 18:24
we have just bought a kia pregio van, can anyone advise me where you can get the best deal on insurance, never had a car before so donīt know where to start???

sundownersvince
06-12-2012, 19:39
Salesman probably realised that. :lol: Sorry, sure someone else will be more helpful.

tracy hampshire
06-12-2012, 19:59
Salesman probably realised that. :lol: Sorry, sure someone else will be more helpful. lol bought it off a friend got a good deal, going over 1000 euros more on milannuncias & they have more kilometers on the clock, i think we got a good deal :wink2:

doingok
06-12-2012, 22:08
Try TIS who is a member on here OR AXA in san isidro both give good quotes just depends on what cover you what?

Fivepence
06-12-2012, 22:18
Try TIS who is a member on here OR AXA in san isidro both give good quotes just depends on what cover you what?

send a PM @TIS (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/member.php?197-TIS)

Sorry doingok. that link was meant for the OP.

CIM
07-12-2012, 00:17
I use Line Directa and every year I get a lower quote or make one up and try and haggle them down on my new quote - No one seems to beat them for my quote. Good place to start.

timmylish
07-12-2012, 00:37
Like many things in life, buying a particular item or goods the be all and end all is very often not finding them at the cheapest, many factors should be taken into account. For that very reason, although I know that all of the insurances we have, be it car or house or personal, are possibly cheaper elsewhere but we moved to TIS several years ago. He is very knowledgeable on his products, you can have the Policies in English (Liberty Seguros, for whom Chris is an Agent, is obviously Spanish), he is local being based in Las Chafiras and nothing is too much trouble. I do not like doing business by telephone but much prefer face to face again, hence TIS.

http://www.tenerifeinsurance.biz ,
Tel. : 922-735-321 (Direct Line) Mobile : 661-908-980
Tel. : 922-735-672 (office) Fax : 922-735-841

bonitatime
07-12-2012, 09:47
We have ours with Linea Directa and although it is all done over the phone we have never had any difficulties with claims or towing.

doingok
07-12-2012, 10:26
I use TIS but not the cheapest as i got a quote from AXA and it was 70 euros cheaper but tis do match but ONLY like for like cover but its a lot of hassle ,they is a AXA office in San Isidro and it is face to face. i would just go to both before you choose.

Greg
07-12-2012, 16:17
Admiral in Los Cris proved to be the cheapest on my van and cars. Friendly English staff too.

casabonny
07-12-2012, 16:44
Contact Emma at Motorworld for a quote , not always the cheapest but very good cover and face to face friendly service.

tracy hampshire
07-12-2012, 19:21
spoke to linea direct, no joy will only insure the van if it is for company use, which i found odd, everyone has a van of some sort up here, going to try a couple of places up here for quotes first as we live in the north, tried today but as usual everything ass way up, they were open yesterday a fiesta day , but closed today ???, will try some of the people you have mentioned in the south if i canīt get a decent quote up here, will let you know how i get on, thanks everyone for your replies :)

bigbite
10-12-2012, 00:33
have you got a number please

bigbite
10-12-2012, 00:43
has anyone got the numbers for any of these

AXA in san isidro
Line Directa
Admiral in Los Cris
thanks

Fivepence
10-12-2012, 01:50
has anyone got the numbers for any of these

AXA in san isidro
Line Directa
Admiral in Los Cris
thanks

AXA San Isidro .............Link here (http://www.seguros.es/axa/agentes/san-isidro.html)

Line Directa........Link here (https://www.lineadirecta.com/talleres_coches_motos/taller_chapa_lunas/talleres_concertados_linea_directa?tipoTaller=N&codProvincia=38&descripLocalidad=)

Admiral in Los Cris..............link here (http://www.bptenerife.com/business/information/20703)

joanne65
21-02-2013, 16:05
hi , anyone know the best place for car insurance please

slodgedad
22-02-2013, 01:59
hi , anyone know the best place for car insurance please

I have merged your thread with this one on the same subject. Have a look through, you may find what you are looking for.

ofimart
29-04-2013, 09:33
Hi,

We are considering re-locating to Tenerife and I would be grateful if any forum members could give me a rough ball park figure of what I should expect to pay to insure a car.

The car would be something such as a fiesta/C3/206 type vehicle. I am 60 years old with a good NCB in the UK

Any ideas would be appreciated

Many thanks

Barryk:thanx:

Hi Barry,
We've always used Direct Line insurance (called linea directa here) , we have always had more than one car insured with them but for example we pay 270€ fully comp for my renault clio 1.4,( includes car hire if the car is in repair,) excess is 180€. We have had claims with them over the years and each time they handle it with no hastle whatsoever. Good luck with your new venture if you decide to go ahead by the way .
Jacquie.

casabonny
29-04-2013, 14:17
Contact Emma at Motorworld.She will be able to help. You can use your British NCB provided you have proof from the UK company.Usually the price is mor dependent on vehicle value as opposed to age or sex over the age of 30/40 depending on insurers.
You will find her contact details in the link of my signature