PDA

View Full Version : Business for sale Any estate agencies for sale in Tenerife?

Irina
06-12-2012, 21:30
Does anyone know of any operating estate agencies (residential property sales) that either are for sale or considering of selling?
If so, I would be interested to get in touch!

CIM
07-12-2012, 00:15
Are you looking for yourself or on behalf of a client?
IŽd presume most of them are for sale at the right price. The problem with the ones being advertised for sale would be that the primary reason is because they are failing and trying to get out with some sort of payoff.

Wrong portfolio of sellers and properties / haven't adapted to the shift in buyers attitudes and tastes - put simply they just haven't moved with the times.
Poor websites, marketing and reputations. I have seen a few go to the wall and wasn't even interested in acquiring their domains they were so poor.

I know one which changed hands just recently but the value was based more on the rental portfolio than anything else as they only had a very low volume of sales but a steady income from the long lets.

The only way to value an agency really is to look at the freshness and quality of the property portfolio, freshness and quality of their buyers database and possible what interesting useful and profitable contacts they have (affiliates, property finders etc.)

It is absolutely not a market for a novice to try and come into. Probably as tough as it has ever been right now.

Irina
07-12-2012, 19:55
Thank you for your comments, CIM. The Portfolio, up-to-date and of decent size, is what I'm looking for...

As to the market, it is always tough and always difficult, but the market also gives always opportunities... so it is all relative.

Woody
08-12-2012, 13:36
Hi

I know of one that the owner is considering selling for health reasons, so if you want details message me as I wouldn't discuss in a public forum for obvious reasons