PDA

View Full Version : Other Christmas & New Year events at Costa del Silencio church

cah
09-12-2012, 06:33
I am a member of Silencio church and wuold like to get some news put in the forum about the events in Silencio please.

16th December is a simple family friendly service in Silencio Church lower square, Costa Silencio at 11 am.
23rd December is an open air carol servie with carols led by Liz and Big Chris again at 11am. Everyone welcome to mincepies, tea and coffee in church afterwards.

Pastor Bill Jeffries also does a service in the Living Room in Playa de las Americas, above Burgerking in the Veronicas area. This starts at 6pm. Pastor Bill can be contacted on 609565528.

In the new year services at Silencio church will start at 10am instead of the present 11am.
S.H.E. a Christian helpline is there for women in distress. Call the confidential help-line: (+34) 690 964 145 The helpline team have the expertise and contacts to direct you to help, as well as provide a friendly listening ear. Also remember the Police can be spoken to in English to report a crime and will give you assistance without worrying about the language barrier. If you need help from the Police, ring the Multi-lingual Police central office dial 902 102 112 and ask to speak to an English operator to make a report or official complaint.

junglejim
09-12-2012, 07:09
Welcome to Forum and thanks for your information , I hope it will be useful to a widerange of people at this time of year !

MrsTT
09-12-2012, 11:23
Welcome to the Forum. I have moved your thread to the News and Events part of the forum and have retitled it, so that people who are interested in attending, will see it in the list more easily.

cah
09-12-2012, 13:57
Thank you so much. I've been writing to the freebie papers lately without any success. I do hope Tenerife Forum will be more fruitful. I was so wanting news about a special visit the church has just had from Davey Falcus to reach a wider audience. He originates from Sunderland and was a gangster. He was an alcoholic and a drug dealer ending up a drug addict and was considering suicide. He turned to Jesus and the rest is history as they say. He is now a man of God and travels all over the world healing and preaching.
His visit is over now, but it has left a marked result in the Silencio church with people coming to Jesus and others being healed. I've at least told you now, but I had hoped to interest people before the event with the readership of the papers, but that wasn't to be. May be I'm being told to use the Tenerife Forum first and I'm listening!

casabonny
09-12-2012, 22:12
I am very surprised that the local papers have not helped. Perhaps, and I am not being rude here, your approach should be a personal visit to see them at thier offices rather thn via e mail which I assume is the way you have done it . good luck

cah
09-12-2012, 22:34
Thanks for your interest. I am surprised too, and am hoping it was a one off blip. I've been writing publicity for various organisations over the last 30 years. I know full well when you are not paying for an advert ,you are completely at the mercy of the space available. Advertising is the main source of revenue for the papers, and it was on the run up to Christmas with advertisers wanting coverage for Christmas sales. Some years I've hit no news weeks and got big spreads in the paper. It is the luck of the draw sometimes. I am a persistent person. I don't have time to go round to the papers myself, but have always managed to build up a business friendly relationship with the journalists and editors in the Lancashire papers I used to write to in the UK and have had some success when wearing other hats not my church hat in Tenerife, so I will still persistently present news and events the church is involved in throughout the year. Chris

cah
24-12-2012, 14:35
I add below an article about the Christmas carol service in Silencio. Happy Christmas!

TENERIFE SUNSHIINE AND CAROLS

Christmas carols resounded round the Coral Mar Square on Sunday 23rd December, accompanied by Chris on the organ. Two singers Liz and Catriona led the filled square sending the joyful songs out over the surrounding area. The congregation filled the lower square and spilled over into the upper level too.

Pastor Bill was ably helped by the Sunday School children in telling the Christmas story. Big Chris a locally known entertainer gave his testimony saying how Christ had come into his life. Pastor Bill welcomed everyone to go into the church for mince pies, tea and coffee after the service.

There will be a church service on Christmas Day at 11am and an invitation was extended to anyone who will be spending Christmas alone to join the church in a Christmas lunch.

In the evening Silencio church goers joined the International Carol Service in Callao Salvaje to support the Callao church. Translations and carols were in Spanish, French, German and Italian under the stars near the sea.

Just another reminder that from January the Silencio church congregation will be meeting at 10 am not 11am as exciting new things are happening in January concerning planting a church in Playa de las Americas. Bill will be doing two services not one in the morning. It is good to see the church expanding to help fill the needs of both communities in Silencio and Las Americas. Pastor Bill’s contact number is 609565528