PDA

View Full Version : We need to get a Junkers boiler fixed. Where can we get it done?

Foz
09-12-2012, 17:16
Does anyone know of a heating/boiler engineer they could recommend. We have a Junkers combi boiler for our hot water and gas fired central heating. We have been using it for the hot water without a hitch until today we tried to fire up the central heating for the first time this winter. The heating wouldn't come on and now it seems we can't get hot water either!!! The plumber who fitted the system has now left the island.

deepdivejunkie
09-12-2012, 17:34
You will need to find a plumber who is qualified to work with gas. (Gas registered). I can recommend one, but he only speaks Spanish.
PM me if you want his number.

Foz
09-12-2012, 17:44
You will need to find a plumber who is qualified to work with gas. (Gas registered). I can recommend one, but he only speaks Spanish.
PM me if you want his number.

Thanks x Spanish is not a problem .. I've sent you a PM. x

Foz
10-12-2012, 09:47
If anyone else has any suggestions I'd still be interested xxx thanks

canarybird
10-12-2012, 11:27
Junkers has an official technical service advertised in the yellow pages of the phone book.
Here are the details:

Junkers
Avda. El Paso 3
Poligono Industrial Los Majuelos
38108 LA LAGUNA

tel: 922 821 777

Hope that helps, Canarybird

Foz
10-12-2012, 19:34
Junkers has an official technical service advertised in the yellow pages of the phone book.
Here are the details:

Junkers
Avda. El Paso 3
Poligono Industrial Los Majuelos
38108 LA LAGUNA

tel: 922 821 777

Hope that helps, Canarybird

That's great x thanks x

9PLUS
10-12-2012, 20:28
If thats's your answer Fox i'll close the thread

x

Foz
10-12-2012, 21:35
Thanks 9plus ... I think that's me sorted xxxx

KirstyJay
10-12-2012, 21:37
Contact julia44. She recently got her boiler fixed and I think it was Junkers too. I remember they had problems finding parts for these boilers in the Canaries, so it'd be worth dropping her a line :)

junglejim
11-12-2012, 08:55
Contact julia44. She recently got her boiler fixed and I think it was Junkers too. I remember they had problems finding parts for these boilers in the Canaries, so it'd be worth dropping her a line :)
It was a Vaillant boiler Kirsty - but we never did find out what the part was !
It would have been nice to have heard the outcome !

Foz
11-12-2012, 13:02
I have someone coming to look at our boiler on Thursday am .... in the meantime I'm busy boiling water on the hob for strip washes!!!!!!!!!!!

julia44
12-12-2012, 05:51
It was a Vaillant boiler Kirsty - but we never did find out what the part was !
It would have been nice to have heard the outcome !

I found a website and the plumber pointed at the part a metal thingy but it would have cost over 100€ so it was not cost effective as he has had it repair it on 4 occasions already. He has estimated life expectancy between a week and 3 months and then it will be a new boiler but this time a Junkers.

junglejim
12-12-2012, 10:52
So that was the translation ! "A metal thingy" - I would never have worked that out- thanks for reply.
I hope you last out the cold season until you replace the boiler -I had to do this in UK 3 years ago having nursed a 35 year old Potterton along - simple control system .
New boiler was fine until this year when circuit board went - 270 quid! No individual part ,whole board or nothing!