PDA

View Full Version : Where's the best place in Tenerife to buy an iPad and an Android tablet?

CIM
09-12-2012, 19:20
Wheres the best play to buy an Ipad 3 (64GB - no 3G) in Tenerife at the moment?
Or is the new Ipad 4 due out soon?

Also looking for a solid Android tablet (64GB) might just go for the Galaxy

Rickiebear
09-12-2012, 19:34
Hi, not sure where you live, but if I were to spend that much, I would buy from a well known store such as El Corte Inglas. You may be interested to know I am using one now, I think it is great, and prefer it to a laptop. Films in HD are very good.

Vortex Wake
09-12-2012, 19:35
Galaxy note 10.1 is a very capable machine .

A £5 SD card (etc) and USB adaptor is a useful addition - the USB means a keyboard and mouse can be added (without the need of Bluetooth).

Fivepence
09-12-2012, 19:38
Wheres the best play to buy an Ipad 3 (64GB - no 3G) in Tenerife at the moment?
Or is the new Ipad 4 due out soon?

Also looking for a solid Android tablet (64GB) might just go for the Galaxy

The 4th generation is definitely out now CIM.

See here (http://store.apple.com/uk/buy/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad)

You can identify it by the new lightening connection.

CIM
09-12-2012, 19:41
The Ipad is a Xmas present for the missus - the Android will be for work so needs a decent size screen.

Want 64GB on Ipad as we have a load of films and stuff for the nipper that she watched there is over 32GB of them already - would be good to be able to stick them all on an Ipad for journeys / flights etc.

Saying that is it easy enough to transfer files onto these or do you still have to use all sorts of annoying syncing programs? Will there be any DRM issues with playing back movies on an Ipad?

I live in the South but dont mind going to the North - will be up there over Xmas anyways so will check El Corte Ingles - Saturn etc. Is Banana the Apple store there?

So what can I upgrade the memory in a Galaxy to? As I plan on storing a ton of photos and videos on there and have it synced with a drop box account.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

The 4th generation is definitely out now CIM.

See here (http://store.apple.com/uk/buy/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad)

You can identify it by the new lightening connection.

Same page here on Apple Store:
http://store.apple.com/es/buy/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad
But is that the Ipad 3 or the Ipad 4??

casabonny
09-12-2012, 19:47
The apple store is indeed banana and is in Calle Castillo just up from McDonald's .in the south go to Maya in Las Americas as that's where we got our original one 18 months ago. Worten also have them .
iPad is by far the best .

Fivepence
09-12-2012, 19:50
Same page here on Apple Store:
http://store.apple.com/es/buy/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad
But is that the Ipad 3 or the Ipad 4??[/QUOTE]

I believe the 4th generation is the one with the retina display and the lightening connector.

CIM
09-12-2012, 19:58
They don´t make it easy to tell them all apart!

junglejim
09-12-2012, 20:13
I bought my wife iPad 3 64Gb no 3G ,recentlty in UK -still working it out (can´t get it off her) - films need to be MP4 format - I transferred a couple across using the USB with no problem into videos folder .
The benefit with this and iPhone for us is Facetime/Messages with my family in UK is easy and allows us to see grandson on picture and live videos .

Vortex Wake
09-12-2012, 21:41
The Galaxy comes in a 64gig version - and don't forget its built in micro SD card slot allowing another 64gigs .

The note10.1 S Pen has multiple uses too i.e. you can view files simply by hovering it over the screen

9PLUS
09-12-2012, 21:49
Both the iPad 3 & 4 are Retina displays.

Banana, Maya, Wortens, Saturn.. are all good places to purchase from.

Fivepence
09-12-2012, 21:52
Both the iPad 3 & 4 are Retina displays

I thought they were iPad 2 (3rd and 4th generation), the 4th generation being the latest version identifiable by the new lightening connector?

9PLUS
09-12-2012, 22:04
I thought they were iPad 2 (3rd and 4th generation), the 4th generation being the latest version identifiable by the new lightening connector?

Correct....

CIM
09-12-2012, 23:39
Ah, so these are basically the Ipad 2 but upgraded versions?
Is that about right?

9PLUS
09-12-2012, 23:57
Ah, so these are basically the Ipad 2 but upgraded versions?
Is that about right?

Yes, I'm talking about levels here.

On a marketing level Apple does like referring to them as an iPad2 upgrade they much prefer iPad 3 or 4 or iPad 3rd Gen etc (iPad2 with a better screen and faster just doesn't cut it)

On a user level if "YOU" are going to be using it for your work i would highly recommend either the 3rd or 4th Gen because the Retina screen is "ALL" that, if you compare the 2 side by side the retina blows the other out of the water. Note if you're not used to the Retina screen you will not miss it.

I'm still under the opinion that they are a bit of a useless gimmick these iPads but i see the power of them if you're a sales person, Property, Artist, Photographer, design or have to commercially show a portfolio to clients etc

Tom & Sharon
10-12-2012, 02:17
Errrrrr....................London in the sales ??

casabonny
10-12-2012, 10:09
Errrrrr....................London in the sales ??

Would cost too much to fly and what exactly would you be achieving by doing that!

Tom & Sharon
10-12-2012, 10:16
Would cost too much to fly and what exactly would you be achieving by doing that!

CIM and his OH are in London over new year with us.

Ecky Thump
10-12-2012, 10:25
CIM and his OH are in London over new year with us.

Also there are plenty of us who are established forum members that know each other, who would be prepared to bring one over.:)

junglejim
10-12-2012, 12:59
Yes, I'm talking about levels here.

On a marketing level Apple does like referring to them as an iPad2 upgrade they much prefer iPad 3 or 4 or iPad 3rd Gen etc (iPad2 with a better screen and faster just doesn't cut it)

On a user level if "YOU" are going to be using it for your work i would highly recommend either the 3rd or 4th Gen because the Retina screen is "ALL" that, if you compare the 2 side by side the retina blows the other out of the water. Note if you're not used to the Retina screen you will not miss it.

I'm still under the opinion that they are a bit of a useless gimmick these iPads but i see the power of them if you're a sales person, Property, Artist, Photographer, design or have to commercially show a portfolio to clients etc
I'm not a particular tablet fan , I prefer my lappie , but my wife isn't computer literate as such but since she's had the iPad she's come on amazingly as it's easy and speedy to access.
Probably one of the best presents I've ever bought her !
When I can get it off her it's great for instant access to info and access to mail etc and battery lasts for ages unlike the lappy .

golf birdie
10-12-2012, 13:23
The apple store is indeed banana and is in Calle Castillo just up from McDonald's .in the south go to Maya in Las Americas as that's where we got our original one 18 months ago. Worten also have them .
iPad is by far the best .

in Tenerife don't go anywhere but Maya for an ipad.

Fivepence
10-12-2012, 13:33

Have you had a bad experience with Maya gb?

Perhaps you could explain for the benefit of forum members in Tenerife?

golf birdie
10-12-2012, 13:36
Have you had a bad experience with Maya gb?

Perhaps you could explain for the benefit of forum members in Tenerife?

I siad don't go anywher BUT Maya...It is the best place to buy an ipad here.

Fivepence
10-12-2012, 13:38
I siad don't go anywher BUT Maya...It is the best place to buy an ipad here.

My apologies gb, I really did have a senior moment...............:sorry: :ashamed:

9PLUS
10-12-2012, 16:28
I'm not a particular tablet fan , I prefer my lappie , but my wife isn't computer literate as such but since she's had the iPad she's come on amazingly as it's easy and speedy to access.
Probably one of the best presents I've ever bought her !
When I can get it off her it's great for instant access to info and access to mail etc and battery lasts for ages unlike the lappy .

I quite agree with you (this will not happen again) OK for quick access or great for the example you'd mentioned,

"IMO" :tiphat: the lap/desktop just has it, the memory size and lack of a really useable keyboard renders these tables a gimmick amongst other things

BTW i own an iPad

Topacciolo
10-12-2012, 18:55
Any idea when the Surface will be out over here??

9PLUS
10-12-2012, 20:36

Maya are very good but they normally come with around a 3.5% override on PVP (RRP).

casabonny
10-12-2012, 22:11
Just got an Apple TV box from Maya and it was cheaper than elsewhere ( Apart from media market who show it in thier catalogue but they don't have it!) The lady reserved it for me when I phoned this morning and I collected this afternoon.

9PLUS
10-12-2012, 23:13
Just got an Apple TV box from Maya and it was cheaper than elsewhere

Apple TV

Banana computers €104,90
Maya €105

I've seen it for €95

golf birdie
11-12-2012, 10:31
Apple TV

Banana computers €104,90
Maya €105

I've seen it for €95

is this the 2nd or 3rd gen? Looking to buy a 2nd gen so any idea where to go would be a great help.