PDA

View Full Version : Spanish lessons needed for an absolute beginner

pbasonuk
10-12-2012, 15:46
Seriously, I went to basic 'Holiday' level Spanish course at College in the Summer, just one night a week. I have no idea how anyone is supposed to learn so much in a space of 8 weeks.

I failed miserably so I need to find a Spanish Teacher in South Tenerife that can teach me like I cant even speak let alone trying a second language.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated!

Bonjour.

MrsTT
10-12-2012, 18:09
http://www.ckctenerife.com/

Highly recommended. Classes in Callao Salvaje and Silencio - all details on the website.

http://www.123teachme.com/

sundownersvince
10-12-2012, 19:12
Allo allo. :whistle: Gracious.

warbey
10-12-2012, 21:38
I honestly believe that different People learn in different ways.
I purchased an electronic word Translator. It stored a lot of Words.
You also need to understand that there are different pronunciations of some Letters
making the Spoken Words even harder to understand initially.

Short term Many understand English, and after some weeks You will start to understand little by little.
Perhaps That will be the Time to start Learning.

Good luck. Bon chance.

angel55
11-12-2012, 00:41
My 4 year old grand daughter learned to count in spanish from watching Dora the explorer , a kids promgram on telly
She also learned lots of spanish words, in fact she probaly has more spanish than me
may I should start watching Dora the explorer

ribuck
11-12-2012, 12:30
The Coffee Break Spanish podcasts are perfect. They take it very slowly and easily, step by step, in a friendly and engaging style. Start with number one, and take it from there at whatever pace you like:
http://radiolingua.com/shows/spanish/coffee-break-spanish/

The free version is all you need. There's no need to buy the supplementary materials unless you have lots of spare cash.

KirstyJay
11-12-2012, 14:43
www.forum-4.net if you are in Guia de Isora. Here you can get speech therapy, private classes for French, Primary, Spanish - as a first or second language, Science, etc etc... and of course, English ;) Prices are about 10€/hour.

Nicole
18-12-2012, 14:06
Please could you let me know what channel and when Dora the explorer is on?

KirstyJay
19-12-2012, 09:19
www.forum-4.net if you are in Guia de Isora. Here you can get speech therapy, private classes for French, Primary, Spanish - as a first or second language, Science, etc etc... and of course, English ;)

In the new year there will be a new classroom in Playa San Juan too which has French, Spanish, English, and possibly other subjects such as speech therapy. Prices are around 10€/hour.

Javi
19-12-2012, 14:39
Please could you let me know what channel and when Dora the explorer is on?

Just google Clan TV and click on programación. There you have the schedule at one glance. It's also recommendable watching Peppa Pig and Ben y Holly.

Hope you enjoy it and learn lot of Spanish.

selcukuk
24-12-2012, 11:38
i know a person she is a native spanish teacher who lived in UK for 12 years and moved to tenerife.She teaches in your place as you like.She is very busy hard working person and exellente teacher very professional.I believe she charges 15 euro an hour it would be cheaper if you can make group lesson but it would be quicker to learn one to one.I f you are interested I would give her phone number or email You can ask if she is availible for your free time.she lives in playa paraiso area.I hope that helps.

Amy
25-02-2013, 19:08
Hi there, i live in south Tenerife , Adeje, I have been here since I was 5 and my mum put me straight into a spanish school and have just got my ESO.... looking for ways to earn a bit of money so i already give classes to a close friend of mine... if your interested pm me...

blueeyes
01-03-2013, 07:39
good luck!!! hope you get loads of interest!!!:)

johnnieguitar
01-03-2013, 15:57
Seriously, I went to basic 'Holiday' level Spanish course at College in the Summer, just one night a week. I have no idea how anyone is supposed to learn so much in a space of 8 weeks.

I failed miserably so I need to find a Spanish Teacher in South Tenerife that can teach me like I cant even speak let alone trying a second language.

Bonjour.

I've posted this in answer to a similar question, but here it is again. If you want to try 19 free 30 minute lessons (downloadable as mp3s), have a look at this: https://site.saysomethingin.com/communities/spanish-for-english-speakers/pages/home-esen

anitatbl
07-03-2013, 21:32
Hey my name is Anita, I give private lessons in german and spanish. I charge 13 per hour and I come to your house. give me a pm if you are still looking for a teacher. bye bye

isidoros
22-04-2013, 23:32
seriously, i went to basic 'holiday' level spanish course at college in the summer, just one night a week. I have no idea how anyone is supposed to learn so much in a space of 8 weeks.

I failed miserably so i need to find a spanish teacher in south tenerife that can teach me like i cant even speak let alone trying a second language.

Bonjour.

hello. I am spanish, and i iam looking for ,at least five people to teach them free spanish lessons during one year or more. The case is, i am not working and i have a house in the north where five peple who want to learn spanish can rent it every one for 300 euros monthly. Then i can teach them 60 hours a month. That´s will be my job! Who knows the five the persons?

Anniehelling20
17-06-2013, 15:11
I think the best and quickest way to learn Spanish is with a private native tutor. I have been learning Spanish online with Your Spanish Online and I am learning really quickly! My teacher is great, she corrects me and helps me with my pronunciation and she creates all her resources so I learn to speak like a native not from a text book. I think that's the best way to learn! They do a free first lesson, so you could try and see if you like it.

www.yourspanishonline.com

Hugh
19-06-2013, 16:20
I have downloaded mp3 files that I put them on a CD and used them in my car to get me started with Spanish.
I found this site www.how-to-speak.com to be pretty good and you can get the first 4 lessons free which will allow you to determine if this method is suitable for you.

Suzanne
19-06-2013, 19:57
i like the website 123teachme.com its very good also join the language course on bbc tv from their website. Suerte!!!