PDA

View Full Version : Laws & Regulations Important new receipt law for bars, restaurants & shops from January 2013!

ofimart
13-12-2012, 22:09
Our Cash Register suppliers have informed us of a new law, passed at the end of last month, that comes into effect on the 1st January 2013. This will effect all businesses including; shops, bars,restaurants, supermarkets, hairdressers etc. You will now be required to supply your customer with an itemized ticket which bears the following information:-

A consecutive receipt number
The N.I.E./N.I.F./C.I.F Number, together with Fiscal Name (i.e. Your full name or complete company name)
A detailed description of the goods or services supplied
The type of I.G.I.C applied or optionally the expression "I.G.I.C Included"
If goods are sold at different rates of I.G.I.C., the base amount at each rate and the tax charged must be detailed in the ticket.
The Total value of goods/services supplied

You can see a copy of the Official Bulletin at http://www.ofimart.net/STOP-PRESS-BOEA201214696%282829996%29.htm

If you require assistance programming your current till (where possible), or details of replacement machines that meet the new requirements, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We have been expecting this law change for some time, but it appears it was passed rather quickly at the end of last month. In summary, basic cash registers that print out only amounts with no details will no longer be acceptable.

Martin

junglejim
13-12-2012, 22:12
That should go down well with market traders and Lookie-Lookie men then !

woolli
13-12-2012, 23:00
Our Cash Register suppliers have informed us of a new law, passed at the end of last month, that comes into effect on the 1st January 2013. This will effect all businesses including; shops, bars,restaurants, supermarkets, hairdressers etc. You will now be required to supply your customer with an itemized ticket which bears the following information:-

A consecutive receipt number
The N.I.E./N.I.F./C.I.F Number, together with Fiscal Name (i.e. Your full name or complete company name)
A detailed description of the goods or services supplied
The type of I.G.I.C applied or optionally the expression "I.G.I.C Included"
If goods are sold at different rates of I.G.I.C., the base amount at each rate and the tax charged must be detailed in the ticket.
The Total value of goods/services supplied

You can see a copy of the Official Bulletin at http://www.ofimart.net/STOP-PRESS-BOEA201214696%282829996%29.htm

If you require assistance programming your current till (where possible), or details of replacement machines that meet the new requirements, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We have been expecting this law change for some time, but it appears it was passed rather quickly at the end of last month. In summary, basic cash registers that print out only amounts with no details will no longer be acceptable.

Martin
So if the above is not adhered to, what rights do the general public have, and what benefits will it have for the customers?

lapalma
13-12-2012, 23:25
Forget the market traders or the lookie-lookie men,this will rid Tenerife once and for all of the shady shops in Tenerife who sell pure crap,inc radios,TVs,Ipods etc etc.Now all the people who come to Tenerife to spend their cash have now got evidence in order to claim compensation for crap goods.Lets all be fair,we can all purchase anything on line now,be it food,TVs,IPODS,etc etc,why do some people have to spend hard earned cash with a shop that does not print a receipt.Everyone needs a receipt, and that goes for apartment rentals,airport pick up/collections as well as stocking up the apartment with food,have I touched a nerve ?

doingok
14-12-2012, 00:28
Forget the market traders or the lookie-lookie men,this will rid Tenerife once and for all of the shady shops in Tenerife who sell pure crap,inc radios,TVs,Ipods etc etc.Now all the people who come to Tenerife to spend their cash have now got evidence in order to claim compensation for crap goods.Lets all be fair,we can all purchase anything on line now,be it food,TVs,IPODS,etc etc,why do some people have to spend hard earned cash with a shop that does not print a receipt.Everyone needs a receipt, and that goes for apartment rentals,airport pick up/collections as well as stocking up the apartment with food,have I touched a nerve ?
not with me but i have morphine if needed haha what receipt's never seen one on this island especially in the Chinese shops.

AL JAY
14-12-2012, 01:15
I think your cash register suppliers are just trying to drum up some fresh business! remember this is Tenerife,loads of things are overlooked Police still smoke in bars,the Romanians doing the "3 black disc scam on a cardboard box" are arrested daily and allowed out after having their ill gotton gains confiscated,Muggers are released daily to carry on their vile trade!!!

There is more chance of bumping into an honest timeshare tout or Mt Teide erupting than this new law being implemented on Jan 1st in my opinion! It would be fantastic if it happened but i can't see it happening,can you?

princessmonika
14-12-2012, 09:17
all the chinese shops in las chafiras give a receipt --

TenerifeTeddy
14-12-2012, 09:24

IMO I disagree, you have always been able to ask for a factura from any shop or service, that should detail all the information mentioned by the OP, and you have always had the option of reporting them to OMIC if they don't give you one upon request. The information required to be printed will require a sophisticated till, which for those shops that don't have one, will add more expense to many traders that are already struggling during a very bad recession.

To put it in perspective, the minimum cost in my shop for an item is 10c for a 1 minute phone call. How much additional protection is the consumer going to get with a detailed receipt for service type items.
I have no problem whatsoever in completing a detailed factura for any goods sold upon request, but why should I be forced to spend several hundred euros just to satisfy the latest bit of bureaucracy.

TF1
14-12-2012, 09:54
I suspect that the motive for any such change is more comprehensive tax control rather than consumer protection. If so, it will probably be enforced effectively as the Canarian tax office has to bring in a huge part of the required deficit before 2014.

ofimart
14-12-2012, 09:57
So if the above is not adhered to, what rights do the general public have, and what benefits will it have for the customers?

The stated aim of the law according to the Bulletin I have read and posted is to bring Spain in line with the European consumer protection legislation. I am slowly working my way through the 26 pages of Spanish "law speak", I assume it will be the consumers right to demand an itemised receipt which would help with any claims to consumo.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I suspect that the motive for any such change is more comprehensive tax control rather than consumer protection. If so, it will probably be enforced effectively as the Canarian tax office has to bring in a huge part of the required deficit before 2014.

This indeed could well be another motive, increased revenue and /or income from fines. Only time will tell how quickly and rigourously these regulations are enforced,but I personally know of people who have been fined for illegal letting and also for running a bar without the statuatory Spanish speaking staff member. I expect there will at least be some fines made as an example to others. It is up to the individual business if they wish to take the risk.

casabonny
14-12-2012, 10:11
It's not just the shops that are affected this could affect all types of business for example builders spring to mind aswell as cleaners and maintainence people, an awful lot of these do not give facturas nor indeed a receipt. I think this is a very good thing if its implemented and enforced.
Also as many more people are using cards be it debit or credit the tax office has much more likely hood of getting the correct revenue. You would be surprised how many peoplethesedays are paying for cars on a card , this safeguards both parties, we have nothing to hide from the Tax man and it means the customer has no need to wait for the bank to get cash( although with the new rules re the cash limits this is somewhat irrelevant now).

ofimart
14-12-2012, 10:38
IMO I disagree, you have always been able to ask for a factura from any shop or service, that should detail all the information mentioned by the OP, and you have always had the option of reporting them to OMIC if they don't give you one upon request. The information required to be printed will require a sophisticated till, which for those shops that don't have one, will add more expense to many traders that are already struggling during a very bad recession.

To put it in perspective, the minimum cost in my shop for an item is 10c for a 1 minute phone call. How much additional protection is the consumer going to get with a detailed receipt for service type items.
I have no problem whatsoever in completing a detailed factura for any goods sold upon request, but why should I be forced to spend several hundred euros just to satisfy the latest bit of bureaucracy.

The expenditure needn't be exhorbitant. Most bars have several flat screen TV's but are unwilling to spend on a till system for as little as 400€ which would do all the required things.
It is my understanding at this time that it would be sufficient to show a ticket for example :- Beer 1.50€. Beer 4€. Soft Drink 1.75€ rather than have to have:- Half Tropical Lager 1.50€ . Pint Guiness 4€. Fanta Orange 1.75€ In other words you won't necessarily have to have a computerized touch screen till but a simpler one that will still itemise things generically and show the all important fiscal information.

primrose
14-12-2012, 11:15
What about people like Taxi Drivers, are they supposed to carry a till around with them.

ribuck
14-12-2012, 11:56
I think your cash register suppliers are just trying to drum up some fresh business!
Absolutely! Don't spend a cent on this until you have independent confirmation that this is actually being implemented, and until you can check whether you can take advantage of any of the exemptions.

TF1
14-12-2012, 11:58
I would assume that any such law would apply to retail outlets as opposed to the service industries.

blondie
14-12-2012, 15:31

Great news , long overdue!!

ofimart
14-12-2012, 15:59
Absolutely! Don't spend a cent on this until you have independent confirmation that this is actually being implemented, and until you can check whether you can take advantage of any of the exemptions.

I have posted the 26 page document for you to read and digest, it has been passed already. I would suggest you consult with your accountant to see how it affects your business. I see this as no different to when we all had to have triangles and flourescent jackets in all our cars to be honest, you either take notice or risk fines it is as simple as that .
Of course the cash register industry would expect more sales as a result of this legislation, but it is the Spanish government that has introduced it. Every so often the government, introduce new legislation which means a business has to dip its hand in its pockets to comply.

I recall in recent years examples such as having to have fire extinguishers refilled annually, having to buy signs to place above said fire extinguisher that tell you it is a fire extinguisher, risk assessment inspections, the orange signs that you see outside a bar or restaurant that inform you that it is a bar (Bc) or restaurant (R9) and that cost about 70€ each, the rules that you should have a Spanish speaking member of staff on duty at all times. And the list goes on.

Perhaps we should look at it from the consumers viewpoint, don't they have a right for a clear receipt showing what they have spent? I wouldn't be happy if the checkout lady at Mercadona asked me for 38.02€ for my shopping without showing me a receipt.

Pooh
14-12-2012, 16:46
I seriously doubt, no matter how much the government want it so, that this will actually be possible to implement by 1st January 2013.
I remember that when they did the same in Sweden a few years ago, (mainly to make sure shops didn't cheat on VAT), it had to be delayed with over 18 months before it could be implemented. The cash register suppliers simply could not deliver the needed equipment faster than that.
To implement it within less than 1 month of being passed is simply not possible.