PDA

View Full Version : Relocation How can I live in Tenerife without getting married?

kaka
14-12-2012, 12:33
I wonder how I can live in Tenerife for long if I don't try the way getting married with a guy there. I am from Hong Kong and I can go Tenerife freely for 3 months. But I wanna spend my life there for long and of course the first thing to do is getting a job. But is it possible for me to get a job? How can I get a work visa? Does anyone know what I should do so that I can stay there with a stable income?

Malteser Monkey
14-12-2012, 15:52
I would start by changing your username - it's not a good one when translated from Spanish:)

Best of Luck though

LUCKY
14-12-2012, 16:00
:feret:
I would start by changing your username - it's not a good one when translated from Spanish:)

:feret:Best of Luck though I have never seen that on the chinky menu:flatcap::feret::feret: oopps it might be on the chinese menu . Give Us a clue is it a number,:feret:

Greg
14-12-2012, 22:31
Many HK Chinese have a U.K. passport, if you have then you have the same rights as anyone else to live and work here. (Although the rules seem to change daily!) If not you will need to ask a professional. Good luck!

Malteser Monkey
14-12-2012, 23:16
:feret: I have never seen that on the chinky menu:flatcap::feret::feret: oopps it might be on the chinese menu . Give Us a clue is it a number,:feret:

yes numero dos ! :laugh:

kaka
15-12-2012, 08:30

Best of Luck though

oh yeah ****!!! hahhaa u remind me that my name is a **** name in spanish!!!!! damn!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Many HK Chinese have a U.K. passport, if you have then you have the same rights as anyone else to live and work here. (Although the rules seem to change daily!) If not you will need to ask a professional. Good luck!

I know. thats the problem coz my family helped me changed my british passport to b hk passport coz at that time ppl said hk passport is more convenient n better than the british one. so many people changed..... and now we jus can travel european countries freely but if we need work, we need a work visa,but im nt sure how i can get a work visa n wt type...do i need to find an employer who is willing to employ me first and i can get a visa?or i can find a way to apply visa n find jobs?

Westminster
15-12-2012, 13:53
You will be seeking employment in an economy with 35% unemployed.

Unless you have especial skills and experience, your chances of obtaining permanent employment are very limited.

Balcony
15-12-2012, 15:10
There are many restrictions because of your passport. Mainstream employment will be virtually impossible if you don't speak fluent Spanish. You may be limited to working in areas of work such as bar tending, waitressing etc and whilst you might be happy do that work the unsympathetic authorities are not likely to recognise that as a sufficient skill.

blueeyes
16-12-2012, 15:15
Hi!! as evryone is saying the unemployment rate is extremely high.. but there are lots of chinese shops which sell everything so you might be able to get a job with one of these are they are all over the place... best of luck!! relocating isn't easy at the best of times........ :goodluck:

kaka
16-12-2012, 15:43
You will be seeking employment in an economy with 35% unemployed.

Unless you have especial skills and experience, your chances of obtaining permanent employment are very limited.

sigh i know the situation actually. and seriously noone gonna look for jobs in europe especially spain or even tenerife during this bad time. n in fact im now working in australia and here is reli gd money..n easy to get a job or more than one job.....but i must stay in europe.....mayb i should try london then..its probably easier especially i graduated in england.....

thank u for sharing...

btw r u from london?

Hi!! as evryone is saying the unemployment rate is extremely high.. but there are lots of chinese shops which sell everything so you might be able to get a job with one of these are they are all over the place... best of luck!! relocating isn't easy at the best of times........ :goodluck:

yeah i love ur positive opinion! thats what im thinking to do although they use to pay less. or mayb they could help me get a work visa. but i have no idea of how i can get some connection to them at the mo. and i actually went to tenerife last march n i couldnt c much chinese shops n restaurants......could you tell me where r more chinese ppl? or could u help me ask if they can employ me/help me get work visa pls? (if ur convenient ).....or mayb u know some? =) thanks anyway!!!!

blueeyes
16-12-2012, 16:31
hI kAKA!! It is tricky you would have to contact them yourself. i SPEAK VERY LITTLE SPANISH AND ZERO CHINESE and the people in these stores that i have seen speak very little english.. I think you will have to weigh up a lot of pros and cons before coming out.. There is always PR work here but is is just handing out leaflets to try and get people passing by into restaurants.. and not very secure.. in my opinion.

kaka
24-12-2012, 13:16
hI kAKA!! It is tricky you would have to contact them yourself. i SPEAK VERY LITTLE SPANISH AND ZERO CHINESE and the people in these stores that i have seen speak very little english.. I think you will have to weigh up a lot of pros and cons before coming out.. There is always PR work here but is is just handing out leaflets to try and get people passing by into restaurants.. and not very secure.. in my opinion.

ummmmmm i think so..i will try anyway..or i will go bk to london..probably easier for me as i graduated in england,...........well actually my bf is a singer n he moves around european countries,i jus hope to get a job in europe...anywhere!!! im trying my best!!!!!!! =) and thx u!

ummmmmm i think so..i will try anyway..or i will go bk to london..probably easier for me as i graduated in england,...........well actually my bf is a singer n he moves around european countries,i jus hope to get a job in europe...anywhere!!! im trying my best!!!!!!! =) and thx u!

blueeyes
24-12-2012, 14:39
Good Luck Kaka!! i am sure it will all work out for you!! have a great christmas and new year whereever you end up!!!:santa:

9PLUS
24-12-2012, 18:13
I known a few Chinese workers in the shops in Las Chafiras & Los Cristianos and they earn around €150-€250 per month, they get free food and shelter for as long as it takes to pay off their visa.

It's a racket so be careful on that level.

Philip Port
25-12-2012, 18:37
Do have any special skills and do you want to work in the uk

kaka
26-12-2012, 14:34
Good Luck Kaka!! i am sure it will all work out for you!! have a great christmas and new year whereever you end up!!!:santa:

yeah thank you blueeyes!!!! and you too merry christmas !!!! here is so hot!!!! i had a v hot christmas!!!!!! =P
im going london n tenerife next month n i will try! im now trying to apply jobs online too...hope i can get one! =)

I known a few Chinese workers in the shops in Las Chafiras & Los Cristianos and they earn around €150-€250 per month, they get free food and shelter for as long as it takes to pay off their visa.

It's a racket so be careful on that level.

OH 150-250 euro !!!!!!! i think the flats there cost at least 300euro monthly. its nt a gd idea to work for chinese ppl then hahahaa,i duno i will try,n im learning spanish too.... but i think london may b a gd choice.......

Do have any special skills and do you want to work in the uk

hey philip!!! I reli wana work in the uk!!! I am now actually looking for jobs in england mainly coz i have considered the situation. I graduated in the UK(portsmouth) years ago and i studied business there. my results r excellent but i jus didnt hv money to study further so i gave up my master degree and bk to hong kong. and also i gave up my PSW visa =( I have worked in england for two yrs while studying. I worked for krispy kreme doughnuts as a processor, also worked for my university during summer time,also worked for take away shop,restaurant,factory,bar,etc......but of coz after i came bk to hk i worked for a trading company for two yrs....anyway, i would appreciate if u could give me a chance or u got any connections in the uk....I can send u my resume if u want. or if u wana talk further,lets email =)
thank you!!!!!!!!!

Ka

blueeyes
27-12-2012, 17:44
Hi Kaka!! remember to be careful as some people might take advantage of your position so use your common sense and think carefully before accepting offers as some things if they are too good to be true probably are!! :hello:

kaka
28-12-2012, 13:27
yeah i know blueeyes!!!! actually i got a scam before =( i lost 1000AUD =(

well,so if i hv any updated news i let u know,n lets discuss if its a scam or nt
but i reli wish i could get a job in europe...i need luck now! =)

btw r u livin in the south or north of tenerife?

blueeyes
30-12-2012, 17:56
south tenerife!!!:p

kaka
31-12-2012, 10:56
hehehe i've been to south n north lol