PDA

View Full Version : Does the Baleares residents' discount work when flying from Spain to Tenerife?

maryhha1
16-12-2012, 23:13
Hello :)!

I`m a new user of that forum so hope that im posting it right :)
I`m planning to move to Tenerife in January for winter season. I am Ibiza resident as I`m working there over the summer, and I`m eligible to resident discount but when it come to book the Ryanair flight from Valencia to Tenerife at the beginning they ask you if you are resident of baleares/canaries or creuta and if you are they proceed the booking with 50% off but when you go further , where they ask for you NIE nr they ask as well about city of residence and there where I have problem as it gives me only the Tenerife option, I can`t choose the balearic any more :/
so I was wondering how that discount works? Can I not use it if I`m not flying form Ibiza ? Its suppose to work all over Spain and now I`m confused :O
Please help!
Marianna :dontknow:

KirstyJay
17-12-2012, 00:22
It should work for anywhere within Spain.

maryhha1
17-12-2012, 00:37
thanks for answer :) its strange to me and I don`t know how to sort it out :(

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

thanks for answer :) its strange to me and I don`t know how to sort it out :(

slodgedad
17-12-2012, 02:02
I may be wrong but I always assumed that resident discounts were only availabe to Canarian residents because of the distance involved.

timmylish
17-12-2012, 02:22
I am failry sure that insofar as these discounts are allowed to Residents the discounts ONLY apply to and from the location of that Residence. ie. Canaries to Madrid but not then onward, say to Palma de Mallorca and on return Madrid to Canaries but not from Palma to Madrid.

TenerifeTeddy
17-12-2012, 09:44
Last year we booked return flights from TFN to Mohon in Menorca via Madrid and got the discount for the whole journey.

maryhha1
18-12-2012, 02:32
thank you guys! After spending hours on google it looks like the discount apply only to and from the location of that Residence :/ its not 100% tho, anyway I just got the ryanair normal ticket which was at the end only 23€ :) even if 11.50 looks much better ;), thanks again! :D

cressrt
18-12-2012, 09:19
I believe if you book a through flight with the same airline you will get the discount, we did this a couple of years ago to Alicante via Madrid, obviously may have changed.

KirstyJay
18-12-2012, 12:38
I may be wrong but I always assumed that resident discounts were only availabe to Canarian residents because of the distance involved.But aren't the other islands also included in that, as they also have to get internal flights to get to the Mainland?

slodgedad
18-12-2012, 23:23
But aren't the other islands also included in that, as they also have to get internal flights to get to the Mainland?
Possiblt, but I was always given to understand that it is uniquely a Canarian privelege

9PLUS
18-12-2012, 23:37
The resident discount of 50% shall be applied to flights to and from the Canary Islands or Balearic or Ceuta.

As i remember once you are in the mainland unless it's a prearranged interconecting flight to travel from the canary islands, Balearic or Cueta you would have to pay the normal price to go anywhere else.

I believe that is it.

timmylish
19-12-2012, 01:32
Exactly, as posted!

finca18jrl
21-01-2013, 09:39
A small further question to this thread, does anyone know if as a Canarian resident, the discount applies on a one way flight back from the Spanish mainland to Tenerife?

bonitatime
21-01-2013, 11:26
It does apply

finca18jrl
21-01-2013, 11:35
Many thanks Bonitatime. The flights with Vueling look to be the most regular and cheapest, but I couldn't find any info. on their site.

universal
21-01-2013, 12:20
See below - taken from Ryanair site:

PASSENGER INFORMATION
Do all passengers hold Canary/Balearic Islands or Ceuta Residents Certificates and/or Spanish Large Family Certificates?

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

DISCOUNT ELIGIBILITY - (Anexo I del Real Decreto 1316/2001)
A 50% Residents Discount is available for the following:
Residents of the Balearic/Canary Islands travelling between their place of residence and any other part of Spain.
Ceuta Residents travelling between Seville, Malaga or Jerez and any other part of Spain.

finca18jrl
21-01-2013, 13:54
Thanks Universal. Just looked on Ryanair site and unfortunately they don't fly Tenerife/Malaga; but I appreciate your reply.

dagoseed72
16-02-2013, 17:29
I do not think so. The discount just apply from your island of residence.