PDA

View Full Version : Other Can I pay Movistar fixed line/ADSL bill on-line?

Suej
20-12-2012, 14:41
I have searched the Movistar site and cannot find an answer to my problem! My Movistar bill was paid by Direct Debit then over a week later I reversed the payment by pure accident on the Bank's new more complicated website! Bah! The Bank said they would have to wait to see if another request for payment came in from Movistar and pay it again! I went to the post office but the queue was out the door down the blady road and I didn't have that much time to wait! If anyone has paid on-line before could they give me the details please? My poor Spanish would not be good enough to phone them!eek2:

junglejim
20-12-2012, 15:00
Why not take your details into a Movistar shop - they should be able to sort it - most speak English.

Suej
20-12-2012, 15:19
Never thought of that to be honest JJ! Bright little button aren't you!:wink2: I'm not sure if they deal with Landlines/ADSL but worth a shot! I just couldn't face waiting in that Post office queue yesterday one lady had already been waiting 40 minutes! ARGHH! Someone said computers had been down in LC so maybe a back log of people!

robntoni
20-12-2012, 16:19
I visited a Movistar shop in Los Cris to pay a landline bill. They said shops can't take payment, can't even pay it over the phone - my only option was to go to the Post Office to pay the bill. The staff also told me to make sure the amount paid is EXACTLY the amount due - no more, no less - or it "definitely wouldn't work".

If the info given to me is correct, you've got another trip to the PO.

Suej
20-12-2012, 16:31
I visited a Movistar shop in Los Cris to pay a landline bill. They said shops can't take payment, can't even pay it over the phone - my only option was to go to the Post Office to pay the bill. The staff also told me to make sure the amount paid is EXACTLY the amount due - no more, no less - or it "definitely wouldn't work".

Thanks robntoni! Arghhhhh!!!! please not the post office!!!!! :crying2:

junglejim
20-12-2012, 19:58
Never thought of that to be honest JJ! Bright little button aren't you!:wink2: I'm not sure if they deal with Landlines/ADSL but worth a shot! I just couldn't face waiting in that Post office queue yesterday one lady had already been waiting 40 minutes! ARGHH! Someone said computers had been down in LC so maybe a back log of people!
I'm surprised they don't deal with payments - I ordered my Telephone/ADSL through Movistar shop .

robntoni
20-12-2012, 20:07
I'm surprised they don't deal with payments - I ordered my Telephone/ADSL through Movistar shop .

Me too - I think it's bloody stupid. The staff in the Movistar shop seemed to think it's perfectly normal though - a common situation I've found in Tenerife. On the plus side, they did print off the outstanding invoices for me which helped when paying at the Post Office, which I'm pleased to report was much easier than I'd anticipated. I get the impression they process lots of Telefonica payments so they knew what they were doing.

slodgedad
21-12-2012, 02:35

Precisely why I moved my land line from Telefonica.

Unless you pay by Direct Debit you will always have problems with them.

Cost me 25 a month extra for monthe because of their inability to send me or notify me of my bill.

Constantly ringing India didn't solve the problem til I got my landline through Direct Telecom..(BTW, 6 euros a month cheaper and assistace 24/7 in English

eggletonjo
21-12-2012, 10:20
If you actually receive a bill you can pay it in to some of the cash machines in Ciaxa bank (there may be others)

Suej
21-12-2012, 11:41
Precisely why I moved my land line from Telefonica.

Unless you pay by Direct Debit you will always have problems with them.

Cost me 25 a month extra for monthe because of their inability to send me or notify me of my bill.

Constantly ringing India didn't solve the problem til I got my landline through Direct Telecom..(BTW, 6 euros a month cheaper and assistace 24/7 in English

Totally agree Slodge! I am now with DT but this was the last DD payment to Telefonica! I don't know how I reversed the payment and my only concern now is that they don't disconnect me! I am sure they will charge to reconnect! DT are now phoning Telefonica each day to see when the reversal of the payment hits my account! Why can't they just make things easier for customers! it must cost them a fortune in administration!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

If you actually receive a bill you can pay it in to some of the cash machines in Ciaxa bank (there may be others)

I got my Telefonica bills online! but the pin number they gave to look at the bill on their site does not work! so I don't have a physical bill otherwise I would just take the bill and go and pay it and get it out the way! :doh: