PDA

View Full Version : President’s Christmas and New Year Message 2012

Canarian Weekly
21-12-2012, 15:30
Dear Friends,

We are at the most loving time of year when good feelings and joy are everywhere and our wishes for happiness come under the spotlight.

At Christmas, we find time to share, to care and to celebrate together. It is a time for reinforcing closer ties and families are the main focus. However, we are all aware that we are in a difficult situation that requires unity and solidarity to overcome the trials that we have to face during the times we live in.

It is also when we welcome back home our loved ones who have decided to spend the festive period with us, as well as our visitors who have chosen to experience Christmas inTenerife.

We, the Tenerife people, are known for our hospitality and warmth. I therefore urge us all to continue to celebrate what makes us a truly unique people. Even though we are in the deepest recession experienced in our lifetime, we must find ways to encourage ourselves, to celebrate our successes and use what we have for the benefit of all.

I am convinced that thanks to everyone’s continued efforts fighting for the interests of Tenerife, we will have a better island. Much of our success will depend on the contribution made by all of you, who I know are always concerned about what is best for this island that you love.

I want to extend my very best wishes to everyone. Season’s greetings and I have great hope that the New Year will be a better year.

Merry Christmas and all the very best for 2013.

Ricardo Melchior

President Tenerife Governmen

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/presidents-christmas-year-message-2012/)