PDA

View Full Version : Friday 21st of December 2012 : RCD Alcala vs CD Tenerife

FinnKris
21-12-2012, 21:41
0-0 at Half Time.

A fairly subdued affair with few clear cut chances for either side really. In fact the home team closer to scoring with a couple of decent chances, CDT mostly threatening from corners, nothing much of note from open play so far.

CDT lining up with what looks like a 4-4-2 with Guillem Marti upfront with top scorer Aridane. Pitch looks in pretty rough shape so perhaps an explanation for the slightly off performance.

I would like to see Cristo Martin come on fairly quickly if we stay at 0-0 to bring some creativity to our attack. He was rather excellent in the game against Real Oviedo a few weeks back I thought.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

0-0 at Full Time

Even though a draw away from home isn't that bad, given that we were playing the second from bottom team I was hoping for 3 points going into this one.

We had a great start to the second half, Aridane with a great double chance seconds into the second half but goalie saved. CDT pretty much dominating the next 15 mins and then against the run of play Alcala really could/should have scored to make it really tough for us, thankfully they didn't.

After this we lost the initiative a bit & Alcala got back into the game although never really looking like scoring. I suppose the draw is a fair result on the balance of things.

It's now up to Real Aviles playing at home if we will still be top going into the new year or not.

bonitatime
22-12-2012, 10:12
The Avilés game is a derby so should be all out. Hopefully Sporting will try their best.
I was looking at statistics for pre-xmas games during the week and of the last 10 years we have only won 2
Still we have 2 home games And hopefully will Sign a couple of Players during the transfer window. I have to presume with the coaches comments this week that Víctor Bravo will be going.

Fred Perry
22-12-2012, 21:13
Well Avilés slipped again this evening! They drew at home 1-1 with lowly Sporting B and it means CD Tenerife stay top for Xmas.

Real Oviedo are currently 0-0 after 40 minutes in their home game against Marino de Luanco.

Avilés just won 1 point from their last two matches , both at home against mid-table to lower teams.