PDA

View Full Version : Other Does anyone have any information about rock-climbing in Tenerife?

blueeyes
22-12-2012, 19:18
I am really interest in rock climbing... does anyone know anything about it on the island.. how much it costs etc.. i don't know wither i should try it now or add it to my bucket list along with other wish things before i snuff it... lol :angel:

KirstyJay
22-12-2012, 20:46
One of my English students goes climbing with his dad a lot. I will send him a link to this thread, and hopefully he can help you. It'll give him a chance to practice his written English too :D

ribuck
23-12-2012, 13:01
There's some great climbing in Teide National Park up a rock called "The Cathedral" and also on Guajara mountain. Occasionally I see rock-climbers on the cliffs inland from Buenavista (on both sides of the El Palmar valley), and also in the old quarries between Santa Cruz and La Laguna. Sometimes in winter people go ice-climbing on the higher parts of Mt Teide.

There's also a lot of adventure-type abseiling down barrancos (usually-dry watercourses) if you're into that.

There is a Tenerife Mountain Club somewhere, but I don't know whether you'd need to be Spanish-speaking to get much benefit from it. Sorry, I don't know their contact details. Adventurous scrambling is about my limit nowadays.

blueeyes
23-12-2012, 18:01
Thanks guys any help would be appreciated.. i am trying to learn spanish albeit very slowly baby steps... :rudolf:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks kirstyjay i would appreciate that... i would be an absolute beginner!!!!:thanx:

deepdivejunkie
23-12-2012, 21:33
There is a rock climbing club in the North of Tenerife. They could well put you in touch with others or give you more information.
Website is http://www.clubuma.net/

AndyBarton
26-12-2012, 15:04
If you find a local who knows some of the sports routes, please let me know as I fancy a day out next week sometime
Meanwhile check out http://www.whattenerife.com/rock-spain.html .