PDA

View Full Version : Tom and Sharon, Don't go!

dokgolf
22-06-2011, 09:43
I couldn't get onto the forum yesterday for a few hours so I googled "Tenerife Forum" hoping I might get a link to it from another site. I found ( as I'm sure you are all aware )another forum about Tenerife. Being the curious type, I had a look and found that "Tom and Sharon" were after introducing themselves as new members. They were moving to it because of "Recent events". I hope it wasn't anything I said because I know they have come in for some ott criticism especially on the "illegal lettings" thread. I for one, hope they stay as they fight their corner so well!

tizzywizzy
22-06-2011, 09:46
It is not a crime to be on other forums is it.

dokgolf
22-06-2011, 09:48
Of course not, its just I got the impression that they were totally disenchanted with this one and am afraid that they were insulted here and decided to leave permenently.

Susief
22-06-2011, 09:53
I wouldn't take it personally! There are a number of members who go to both sides!

dede
22-06-2011, 09:57
Of course not, its just I got the impression that they were totally disenchanted with this one and am afraid that they were insulted here and decided to leave permenently.

How do you know this then??? they have only introduced themselves on there.....

Jackie
22-06-2011, 10:01
I am a member of both forums so there is nothing sinister in the fact that Tom & Sharon have joined. I think you will also find that Tom & Sharon are bigger and better people than to let a few 'insults' as you put it, make them no longer post here. I think the majority of us have been insulted at one time or another but we are all still here:hello:

Zara
22-06-2011, 10:11
Me to, I go there when I want to discuss intellectual topics and come here to enjoy myself and talk drivel with the bored housewives and househusbands:whistle:

:lol: Ah where's the little guy who rolls around laughing I canīt find him ??

dokgolf
22-06-2011, 10:20
How do you know this then??? they have only introduced themselves on there.....

"We've been on the "other side" now for years. Due to recent events (ahem!) we thought we'd pop over and have a look round here."

This statement gives me the impression that something happened on this forum that has led them to seek if other pastures are greener. I'm not taking anything personnally as I have always admired the way Tom and Sharon have stood up for what they believe in. All I'm saying is that I would be sorry to lose them. I'm NOT saying that they are moving.

I'm not saying that it is "sinister" all I'm saying is that if they were to leave, it would be a loss to this forum.

dede
22-06-2011, 10:27

Im afraid thats how it sounded here

Jackie
22-06-2011, 10:32
To be honest dokgolf I really don't think that you should be copying posts that people have made elsewhere, especially without their permission. They are two seperate sites and as previously mentioned many people are members of both. It is not fair to the people that have worked so hard to get THIS forum back up and running to even be discussing this here. Why don't you send Tom & Sharon a private message with your concerns and then you will get the answer from the horses mouth rather than making assumptions :)

dede
22-06-2011, 10:38
To be honest dokgolf I really don't think that you should be copying posts that people have made elsewhere, especially without their permission. They are two seperate sites and as previously mentioned many people are members of both. It is not fair to the people that have worked so hard to get THIS forum back up and running to even be discussing this here. Why don't you send Tom & Sharon a private message with your concerns and then you will get the answer from the horses mouth rather than making assumptions :)

Well said Jackie, as dokgolf says they can fight their corner so well and i really dont think sharon will be impressed with someone fighting their corner for them. I really cant see a problem being on any other forum and to me this thread is just trying to be provocative.

dokgolf
22-06-2011, 10:39
You're right, I shouldn't have copied directly. Apologies to all. I just wanted to highlight the fact that recently something seems to have happened to concern them. If I sent them a pm, then everyone else mightn't be aware of their feelings. Anyway, as this thread seems to have got sidetracked, I'm not going to comment anymore on the subject

You know, sod it! I only tried to draw attention to the fact that some of our contributors were uneasy at recent events. I'm now uneasy at the way i'm getting attacked for this. That being the case, adios Tenerife Forum.

9PLUS
22-06-2011, 10:42
But you did..............................off with your head

x

Jackie
22-06-2011, 10:47
You're right, I shouldn't have copied directly. Apologies to all. I just wanted to highlight the fact that recently something seems to have happened to concern them. If I sent them a pm, then everyone else mightn't be aware of their feelings. Anyway, as this thread seems to have got sidetracked, I'm not going to comment anymore on the subject

You know, sod it! I only tried to draw attention to the fact that some of our contributors were uneasy at recent events. I'm now uneasy at the way i'm getting attacked for this. That being the case, adios Tenerife Forum.

It is not a case of you being attacked at all, but why would you ask such a question on ANOTHER forum about what one or two in this case, of it's members are doing on a different forum???? Would the best thing to do not have been to speak to them via private message first and see if Tom & Sharon actually wanted to tell you if there was a problem.

9PLUS
22-06-2011, 10:49
STALKER

x

Zara
22-06-2011, 10:51
But you did..............................off with your head
x

Oy that's my phrase :whistle:

CIM
22-06-2011, 11:17
I doubt Tom&Sharon would give a monkeys about this thread or anything in it...

YOUNG GOLFER
22-06-2011, 11:35
.................................................. ....................

reggie
22-06-2011, 11:39
I tend to go on the other when i want insulting, its a bit easier than on here, More layed back this one,

with cheese
22-06-2011, 11:53
We like layed back.

reggie
22-06-2011, 11:57
We like layed back.

Layed back is good, but i like a rumble now and then, Not seen or had a decent scrap for ages, who can we pick on, ?

YOUNG GOLFER
22-06-2011, 11:58
Ok just had a little look on the other forum and it seems like everyone is giving them a nice welcome...which is nice.

But let's be a little grown up about this we are all adults here and there is no reason why people can't join both..... and also get enjoyment from the two forums.

Can't see the big deal really.

Malteser Monkey
22-06-2011, 12:49
Ah where's the little guy who rolls around laughing I canīt find him ??

That's warbey - he'll be on later !

howard thornton
22-06-2011, 12:49
Me to, I go there when I want to discuss intellectual topics and come here to enjoy myself and talk drivel with the bored housewives and househusbands:whistle:

:lol: Ah where's the little guy who rolls around laughing I canīt find him ?? reggie,don't even think about going over to the intellectual side.

Malteser Monkey
22-06-2011, 12:51
I doubt Tom&Sharon would give a monkeys about this thread or anything in it...

Ahh surely they'd miss me ?

howard thornton
22-06-2011, 12:52
Layed back is good, but i like a rumble now and then, Not seen or had a decent scrap for ages, who can we pick on, ?

reggie, you are a compulsive,.................. i think that's spelt right.

TOTO 99
22-06-2011, 12:56
Please guys, surely we should be encouraging people to post rather than showing them the door? Dokgolf's post contained no nastiness, no moaning, no insults of any kind and was obviously posted in good faith. By the looks of it he's not going to post again and to be honest I don't blame him. If Zara had posted that message would you have been as quick to hit the keyboard or would you have gone for the thanks button?
Sorry to use you Zara but it's only because you are a known and respected member and the first name that comes to mind. This isn't meant to offend anyone, I'm just asking that people be given half a chance or the forum won't build back up.l. Ok shoot....

Suej
22-06-2011, 13:14
Ok just had a little look on the other forum and it seems like everyone is giving them a nice welcome...which is nice.

But let's be a little grown up about this we are all adults here and there is no reason why people can't join both..... and also get enjoyment from the two forums.

Can't see the big deal really.

Me neither! if people have plenty of time on their hands then why not join other Forums theyīre all there to be enjoyed, although it is always sad to see any members leave here because of bad feeling whoever they are. :hit:

Added after 3 minutes:

Ignore any picky comments dokgolf..........maybe a little too much has been read into an innocent thread.:)

reggie
22-06-2011, 13:19
reggie,don't even think about going over to the intellectual side.

Too late Howard

reggie, you are a compulsive,.................. i think that's spelt right.

It looks right to me, who cares

Sundowner
22-06-2011, 13:55
I must admit I did not take Tom+Sharons post to mean they were upset with anyone on the forum, I thought they joined the other forum for the same reason as I did...................because they could not log on here on Monday and that the reference to problems was a reference to the Zarion problem.

Tom & Sharon
22-06-2011, 15:08
Whoa guys - calm down!

I've been spring cleaning all day (like you do in calima!) and only just seen this because Dokgolf sent me a pm. I am absolutely certain that he started this thread for all the best intentions, and actually it's quite flattering. The poor guy's mortified at the reaction it's had, and maybe it might be nice to make friends again?

I joined the other forum on Monday because this one was down, and tbh this one's a bit quiet at the moment with 22,000 members less than it used to have! We've also had one or two uncalled for lectures since the new format, and I don't like that. I'm too old and opinionated for the thought police! Nothing to do with other "ordinary" posters. That's just how I'm feeling at the moment. That's me & not Tom by the way. He doesn't even know I joined the other one as he's working away and I haven't even told him yet.

We certainly won't be leaving this one, we've been on it years and got 2,000+ posts, although these have now disappeared into cyberspace for the time being. There's no way in a million years I would ever be bullied off a forum because of a differing opinion. Anybody who knows me, knows that I will argue till the cows come home and later.

So don't worry - lots more of opinionated posts to come. :lol::lol:

And don't forget - they're only forums you know!

tizzywizzy
22-06-2011, 15:34
Whoa guys - calm down!

I've been spring cleaning all day (like you do in calima!) and only just seen this because Dokgolf sent me a pm. I am absolutely certain that he started this thread for all the best intentions, and actually it's quite flattering. The poor guy's mortified at the reaction it's had, and maybe it might be nice to make friends again?

I joined the other forum on Monday because this one was down, and tbh this one's a bit quiet at the moment with 22,000 members less than it used to have! We've also had one or two uncalled for lectures since the new format, and I don't like that. I'm too old and opinionated for the thought police! Nothing to do with other "ordinary" posters. That's just how I'm feeling at the moment. That's me & not Tom by the way. He doesn't even know I joined the other one as he's working away and I haven't even told him yet.

We certainly won't be leaving this one, we've been on it years and got 2,000+ posts, although these have now disappeared into cyberspace for the time being. There's no way in a million years I would ever be bullied off a forum because of a differing opinion. Anybody who knows me, knows that I will argue till the cows come home and later.

So don't worry - lots more of opinionated posts to come. :lol::lol:

And don't forget - they're only forums you know!

Hi Sharon,i never for one moment thought you had left here. I have found it quite funny the reaction that this thread got. Once the dust has settled(sorry sand due to the calima) we will get some great posts from you again.

Goforgold
22-06-2011, 16:33
Come back Dockgolf :)

AL JAY
22-06-2011, 16:41

Have to agree, just don't take things to heart,its only words on a screen!

onelegnofeet
22-06-2011, 17:37
Have to agree, just don't take things to heart,its only words on a screen!

So tell me you love me then .......................

AL JAY
22-06-2011, 17:44
So tell me you love me then .......................

Hahahaha you tart...:love: :D

slodgedad
22-06-2011, 17:47
I may be a bit dim but can anyone explain the point of this thread other than the fact that one member wants to grass up another member for daring to log on to another site?

If that were the case then we'd need a whole new Forum devoted to just that.

I belong to various Fora, some for fun, some for info, some for various interests and so what?

This, BTW, is a personal comment and nothing to do with my mod duties.

sunspot
22-06-2011, 17:50
I may be a bit dim but can anyone explain the point of this thread other than the fact that one member wants to grass up another member for daring to log on to another site?

If that were the case then we'd need a whole new Forum devoted to just that.

I belong to various Fora, some for fun, some for info, some for various interests and so what?

This, BTW, is a personal comment and nothing to do with my mod duties.

My sentiments exactly....................pointless and to be honest who cares who posts where, its up to the individual to post where he/she wants

onelegnofeet
22-06-2011, 17:53
My sentiments exactly....................pointless and to be honest who cares who posts where, its up to the individual to post where he/she wants

Unless banned ..............................................

dokgolf
22-06-2011, 18:13
I would appreciate if people would read the entire thread and not just the last few posts before passing judgement

(not directed at you oneleg)

YOUNG GOLFER
22-06-2011, 18:16
Ok can we now put this thread to bed and get on with our lives lol

Chris P. Bacon
22-06-2011, 18:17
It's pathetic to say the least....

sunspot
22-06-2011, 18:18
I couldn't get onto the forum yesterday for a few hours so I googled "Tenerife Forum" hoping I might get a link to it from another site. I found ( as I'm sure you are all aware )another forum about Tenerife. Being the curious type, I had a look and found that "Tom and Sharon" were after introducing themselves as new members. They were moving to it because of "Recent events". I hope it wasn't anything I said because I know they have come in for some ott criticism especially on the "illegal lettings" thread. I for one, hope they stay as they fight their corner so well!

But thats the whole point,why tell everyone on this forum that they were posting on another,who cares,many members on here post on both so who gives a dam what people do,let them do what they want without this tittle- tattle

dokgolf
22-06-2011, 18:33
For the last time, I wanted to highlight the fact that something happened on this forum to upset Tom & Sharon, and was afraid that they were leaving here because of that. Its got nothing to do with people posting on other/rival forums. I couldn't care less and its none of my business who posts what, when or where. Incidently, after speaking with Sharon, I discovered i got the wrong end of the stick ( which apparently several other people on this thread did also ).

doreen
22-06-2011, 18:41
Poor dokgolf, you have come out of this badly, for what I believe was a genuine concern ...

DaveRF
22-06-2011, 18:43
Poor dokgolf, you have come out of this badly, for what I believe was a genuine concern ...

And he's given an explanation as to why he posted it. T and S have posted so I don't see any need for anyone to drag this out any further as nothing good will come of it.

Margaretta
22-06-2011, 18:51
Now the title is 'DokGolf, please don't go!' and please don't even think about it.

You are a valuable contributor and obviously a very caring one.

It's a point that when people have been on a Forum for a while they feel quite protective towards each other as virtual friends. It's also human nature to 'jump the gun' but now it's sorted, as Young Golfer said, let's all move on ...and have a bit of therapy: a good old argument with Reggie! :poke: Oneleg...you can start!;)

howard thornton
22-06-2011, 18:56
But thats the whole point,why tell everyone on this forum that they were posting on another,who cares,many members on here post on both so who gives a dam what people do,let them do what they want without this tittle- tattle

i think its called compulsive posting. lol. ask alice.

DaveRF
22-06-2011, 18:58

Oh we're on about old Slack again are we?

sunspot
22-06-2011, 18:58

Nothing to do with me,that Alice is so slack..........anyway im off out have a good night xx

howard thornton
22-06-2011, 19:02
For the last time, I wanted to highlight the fact that something happened on this forum to upset Tom & Sharon, and was afraid that they were leaving here because of that. Its got nothing to do with people posting on other/rival forums. I couldn't care less and its none of my business who posts what, when or where. Incidently, after speaking with Sharon, I discovered i got the wrong end of the stick ( which apparently several other people on this thread did also ).

i would stick to browsing if i was you ,like you posted yesterday,and give up while you are on a looser..

Nothing to do with me,that Alice is so slack..........anyway im off out have a good night xx

2 blackcurrants and 3 coffees, enjoy.

dokgolf
22-06-2011, 19:06

Are you trying to steal all my threads?:)

howard thornton
22-06-2011, 19:07

no chance i don't do threads look at the **** you get as a result. lol

Suej
22-06-2011, 19:08
Howardīs a compulsive kleptomaniac :crazy:

dokgolf
22-06-2011, 19:09
no chance i don't do threads look at the **** you get as a result. lol

As I've found out to my cost!:surrender::surrender::surrender:

howard thornton
22-06-2011, 19:13
Howardīs a compulsive kleptomaniac :crazy:

is it contagious.

Zara
22-06-2011, 19:28
Please guys, surely we should be encouraging people to post rather than showing them the door? Dokgolf's post contained no nastiness, no moaning, no insults of any kind and was obviously posted in good faith. By the looks of it he's not going to post again and to be honest I don't blame him. If Zara had posted that message would you have been as quick to hit the keyboard or would you have gone for the thanks button?
Sorry to use you Zara but it's only because you are a known and respected member and the first name that comes to mind. This isn't meant to offend anyone, I'm just asking that people be given half a chance or the forum won't build back up.l. Ok shoot....

Oh we're on about old Slack again are we?

Well I donīt want this thread putting to bed because I have been mentioned in at least 3 posts and I am very upset :cry::cry: so going to join a whole bunch of new fora, Motorhome.com, Carpfishing.org and MajorGeeks.com:raspberry2:

Byeeee :hello:

reggie
22-06-2011, 19:36
Well I donīt want this thread putting to bed because I have been mentioned in at least 3 posts and I am very upset :cry::cry: so going to join a whole bunch of new fora, Motorhome.com, Carpfishing.org and MajorGeeks.com:raspberry2:

Byeeee :hello:

Its motorhome facts . com, i was a member to get in a certain show, then binned it, you needed a tank top to start with, Janet wouldnt get out of the motor when she saw them all, nerds are us, jeez it were bad

Tom & Sharon
22-06-2011, 19:59
This thread has had 1100 views!

Stay friendly, I'm going on Facebook for anyone who needs to know. :whistle::whistle:

Zara
22-06-2011, 20:00
Its motorhome facts . com, i was a member to get in a certain show, then binned it, you needed a tank top to start with, Janet wouldnt get out of the motor when she saw them all, nerds are us, jeez it were bad

I know that but didn`t want you to know that I was so keen and had already joined.:doh:

with cheese
22-06-2011, 20:11
I know that but didn`t want you to know that I was so keen and had already joined.:doh:

Can you email the full address as her indoors wants a MH, I don't so I can join her up.
Howard, you are convulsive.
Zara is not missing, she has been visiting Tom and Sharon who have been round Reggie's having an argument and as stated on the old Forum, she is in charge of argument fee's.

marbro8
22-06-2011, 20:13
after buying all my tv's and electronic equipment from curry's i went to comet today and brought a laptop and i feel so guilty and disloyal, what should i do to make amends:D

with cheese
22-06-2011, 20:17
Order a Curry

reggie
22-06-2011, 20:33
after buying all my tv's and electronic equipment from curry's i went to comet today and brought a laptop and i feel so guilty and disloyal, what should i do to make amends:D

Put there windows in, always makes me feel better

with cheese
22-06-2011, 20:57
Put there windows in, always makes me feel better

Didn't know you did double glazing Reggie.

reggie
22-06-2011, 21:01
Didn't know you did double glazing Reggie.

Owt for a shilling, :spin:

with cheese
22-06-2011, 21:03
Would you do it for a Tanner

BobMac
23-06-2011, 08:43
It is not a crime to be on other forums is it.

I'm also a member of both forums - as are a lot of other members of this forum.

astara
23-06-2011, 09:13

ditto -
sometimes things get misconstrued on ' Forums' & i for one brwsing this thread took your post to be one of concern for Tom & Sharon' nada mas...

CIM
23-06-2011, 11:15
Heres a tune to cheer you all up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhQWt8GVQfM

Oh Yeah!!! :headphones:

dokgolf
23-06-2011, 11:19
This one better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBIKSOlje7Q

Malteser Monkey
23-06-2011, 12:26
naaa this is the best classic