PDA

View Full Version : How do I go about increasing the potencia of the electricity for my business?

Cruise
23-12-2012, 12:15
Hi all,

I need to higher the potencia of a business premises that at the moment is on 2.64kW. My house is on 5.5kw. What is the next highest ? Anyone knows? And do I just go to Unelco office and ask them to do this? And how long will Unelco take?

Thanking anyone who knows in advance, and wishing you all a very Happy Christmas.

TF1
23-12-2012, 13:19
Ask 9+, but I'm pretty sure you'll need some prep work and an electrician's certificate before you go to your provider.

bulldog
23-12-2012, 13:20
Hi all,

I need to higher the potencia of a business premises that at the moment is on 2.64kW. My house is on 5.5kw. What is the next highest ? Anyone knows? And do I just go to Unelco office and ask them to do this? And how long will Unelco take?

Thanking anyone who knows in advance, and wishing you all a very Happy Christmas.

Hi,
If it is a local you will need to upgrade probably to 3 phase ,you need to contact a
licensed electrician who will prepare a projecto and submit it to UNELCO not a cheap
thing budget 2000 to 4000 euros plus, depending on work load

KirstyJay
23-12-2012, 13:25
I can only confirm what others have put. To increase potencia you need to first have a boletín saying that the current installation can cope with it, and if not, you'll have to upgrade it all. Only a licensed electrician can look ant it and give you a proper appraisal of exactly how much work you will need to do, so drop 9PLUS a PM :)

pjelec
29-12-2012, 19:04
Hi, You will need a Boletin for sure to upgrade. Your Local/apartment will have to be checked to see if it will cope with higher Potencia. Especially the mains cables from the Meter to the Fuseboard. This is something we do. Once the work is carried out we then issue you with a Boletin and also do a new contract for you with Unelco. Within 7 days Unelco will come out replace the Meter, seal your fuseboard and it is then complete.

9PLUS
29-12-2012, 20:35
Hi all,

I would ask what type of business is it and estimated age of the electricial installation?

The legal maximum time period for Endesa to connect is 5 days.