PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Accommodation needed in the Maspalomas area of Gran Canaria for 2 months

finca18jrl
23-12-2012, 12:19
Can anyone help please? I know this is a Tenerife forum, but everyone is so helpful here and I cannot seem to find an equivalent in Gran Canaria.
We live here in Tenerife, but need to find accommodation for 2 months January/February in Gran Canaria, Maspalomas area. My husband needs radiotherapy treatment at a clinic there, but we're looking into the logistics of all this (5 minutes a day for 40 sessions). We don't have an exact start date yet though.
Does anyone have a friend over there how would rent a room for roughly that period? Or any other low cost ideas? He simply wants to find somewhere nearby, so he can get a bus or walk to the clinic every day.
Many thanks in advance.

KirstyJay
23-12-2012, 13:16
Can anyone help please? I know this is a Tenerife forum, but everyone is so helpful here and I cannot seem to find an equivalent in Gran Canaria.
We live here in Tenerife, but need to find accommodation for 2 months January/February in Gran Canaria, Maspalomas area. My husband needs radiotherapy treatment at a clinic there, but we're looking into the logistics of all this (5 minutes a day for 40 sessions). We don't have an exact start date yet though.
Does anyone have a friend over there how would rent a room for roughly that period? Or any other low cost ideas? He simply wants to find somewhere nearby, so he can get a bus or walk to the clinic every day.
Many thanks in advance.

Isn't there anywhere in Tenerife which does the treatment? It seems a long way to have to go.

You could try canaryforum.com. I'm not sure how busy it is these days as I've not been on for a while, but they tend to be Gran Canaria based.

finca18jrl
23-12-2012, 14:18
Thank you KirstyJay. Yes, it is ridiculous, but the insurance company has no agreement on this island. Thank you for your reply, I'll have a look on the forum you suggested.

artyjam
23-12-2012, 14:41
Haveyou tried the Owners direct website. May be someone on there who if u explain would cut a deal they often do rather than be empty