PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 6th January 2013 - CD Tenerife vs Salamanca

Fred Perry
25-12-2012, 12:03
Sunday 6th Jan - k.o. Midday (to be confirmed)

CD Tenerife vs Salamanca

Controversial game due to the fact that it looks as if it will be played on Three Kings morning. The fans are up in arms and many cannot make it (imagine a game on Christmas Day lunchtime in the UK?).

Unless there are changes at the last minute (doubtful due to lack of return flights for the visiting team and Salamanca´s lack of wanting to change - less crowd = better for them, less fan pressure.

Tenerife wanted to play on the Friday 4th but Salamanca refused saying it would eat into their Xmas break. On the Saturday the stadium hosts the annual "Three Kings" event when thousands of children flock to the stadium and the Kings arrive in a helicopter with sweets/presents.

We will see, but it will probably be the lowest crowd in a generation which is a shame because Salamanca are one of the big clubs in the league. Should be a cracking game though and one thing for sure, the "guiris" will be there if nothing else!

FinnKris
06-01-2013, 14:50
2-0 to CDT the Final Score (was 0-0 at half time). Great result against a quality team & one main competitor.

I missed the first half, but judging by the second it was a well deserved victory. 2 quick goals early in the second half sealed the victory, UD Salamanca (understandably) looked defeated after that. Both goals excellently taken by Suso Santana after the ball played on both occasions over the defence.

henry
06-01-2013, 21:28
just what time did the bus pickup armada sur this morning? i was there at 9am and waiting bout 30 mins. no one came. so i took the titsa bus to santa cruz. the sign said 20 mins 11 to come. the sigh was broke beacuse i waiting a full hour and 10 mins it finally came bout 10:45am and from the trip and picking up people along the way i didn´t got to the campo till a few mins pass 12pm. miss bout 6 mins into the game. but enjoy the reat of the game. gland tenerife won...