PDA

View Full Version : Television How do I get my Sky TV working in Tenerife?

atkinson316
27-12-2012, 02:02
I've been going to Tenerife for a good 7 years now. My in-laws live over there and its just a quick query about how to get my sky go to work over in Tenerife. I'm fairly sure that there is a way to make it work that isn't too technical. I'm not a saddo that I come on holiday and have to have my Sky Sports but their sky has gone down and just thought they may be able to use my sky account from UK. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

karinagal
27-12-2012, 05:58
To get Sky Go to work outside the UK, you need to use a VPN.. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to explain how this works, but tell us what you'll be using - phone, tablet or computer?

In The Sun
27-12-2012, 08:54
I've been going to Tenerife for a good 7 years now. My in-laws live over there and its just a quick query about how to get my sky go to work over in Tenerife. I'm fairly sure that there is a way to make it work that isn't too technical. I'm not a saddo that I come on holiday and have to have my Sky Sports but their sky has gone down and just thought they may be able to use my sky account from UK. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

If they have a sat dish then all you need is to bring you Sky box and Sky card out with you ( the box it is quite light )
Plug the box in then you just have to set it to scan and it will pick up quite a few station including Sky Sports. I am sure someone will explain about doing the scan

junglejim
27-12-2012, 10:04
You can get it by going through something like expat shield free VPN
http://www.expatshield.com/