PDA

View Full Version : Utilities My under sink water filter is running very slow

DonnaFranka
28-12-2012, 14:57
Hi. Have bought one of those water filters from Roy Merlin for just over 100 Euros 2 years ago. When we changed the filters last year it ran very slow. Changed the filters again last week and is now running even slower. It takes one and a half hours to fill up a 8 ltr bottle. Rang up the company reps here on the island and they want about 30 call out charge plus 30 for the first hour. Total 60 Euros. Can some kind soul help me out for less than that sum. Have a feeling that the pipes/tubes may be clogged up but are too scared to tackle it myself. Thanks.

bulldog
28-12-2012, 18:03
Hi. Have bought one of those water filters from Roy Merlin for just over 100 Euros 2 years ago. When we changed the filters last year it ran very slow. Changed the filters again last week and is now running even slower. It takes one and a half hours to fill up a 8 ltr bottle. Rang up the company reps here on the island and they want about 30 call out charge plus 30 for the first hour. Total 60 Euros. Can some kind soul help me out for less than that sum. Have a feeling that the pipes/tubes may be clogged up but are too scared to tackle it myself. Thanks.

Hi,
the holding tank needs topping up with compressed air,if you want good drinkable water
from your water filter better to call out the right people the price you,ve quoted sounds fair
they,ll check you have the filters in the right order and take a water quality test to insure
the quality is good, right now your tap water is not passing properly through the filters
you might as well drink straight from the tap!!

tonym
28-12-2012, 19:06
There's a procedure to service the unit, firstly the tank needs disconnecting and emptying, then pumped up to 6 psi, reconnect and allowed to fill. If the filters have been replaced you're to then drain off a couple of times before using. There's also a tap somewhere on the unit you should operate for a minute or so every two months to reverse the water through one of the filters to clean it.

DonnaFranka
05-01-2013, 11:42
Thanks tonym for your advice. Sounds quite complicated so will call out the water tec. Happy new year. :)