PDA

View Full Version : Internet I need an alternative internet provider to Telefonica

specialk
28-12-2012, 13:19
does anyone know of any good internet companies with telefonica at the moment but having a nightmare with them heard mixed reviews on direct telecom any help people ?

Suej
28-12-2012, 14:04
does anyone know of any good internet companies with telefonica at the moment but having a nightmare with them heard mixed reviews on direct telecom any help people ?

What do you mean by a nightmare with Telefonica? in what way? I have recently changed to Direct Telecom for Phone/ADSL and TV and so far everything is going really well! When you have a problem you can speak to them in English (They even sorted out a Telefonica bill for me) and there is always a technical guy there to give advice! I am basically renting my line second hand so there should be no issues with speed! it's exactly the same.

specialk
28-12-2012, 14:48
telefonica just make numbers up when it comes to the bill i have had a disconnected line since i moved apartment 2 months ago wich the bill is 900 also theres a mobile contract running with them for 2 years wich has never been placed in my hand ill try direct telecom see how i get on

Muppet
28-12-2012, 14:58
Depends exactly where you are, but assuming the south / west, ALL ADSL is provided by Telefonica - the other providers like DT and Europa have to buy the ADSL they sell on to you from Telefonica.

There is an advantage in terms of being able to deal with faults and problems in English by using the other providers, but at the end of the day you (and the other providers) are still at the mercy of the source provider and it is certainly not unusual or unheard of for the principle provider to deal with their client's problems first.

karinagal
01-01-2013, 18:18
I pay €41.60 per month for my ADSL with Telefonica - Direct Telecom are quoting €39.50 but am I right in presuming that there is tax to be added to this? Am I as well staying with Telefonica? The only issue I have with Telefonica is I can't seem to get access to online billing...

Suej
01-01-2013, 19:32
I pay €41.60 per month for my ADSL with Telefonica - Direct Telecom are quoting €39.50 but am I right in presuming that there is tax to be added to this? Am I as well staying with Telefonica? The only issue I have with Telefonica is I can't seem to get access to online billing...

You seem to have a good deal with Telefonica! I was paying minimum of 60€ a month with them. I am now with Direct Telecom and pay 53.95€ inc igic, this gives me the same speed as before (I was paying for 10mg but the max I got is 7mg this remains the same when I do speed tests) Line/ADSL, Free N router with much improved signal! Free National calls, free 300 minutes landline calls to anywhere in Europe (Great for friends and rellies) and Free TV - 28 UK channels! it all works brilliantly I get my easy to understand bill by email! the only extra thing I have had to pay is the TV Box a one off payment! No more 100€ a year to that Premier for crap TV. Direct Telecom did everything including the line change over from Telefonica to DT! I would love to have a New Year grumble but I just cannot find fault with the service or the costs! :D

PS. I could never access online billing with Telefonica either! thought I was banned! :lol:

junglejim
01-01-2013, 20:42
Karinagal= I had problems with getting online - my username was my NIE number including letters and password was the 7 numbers of the NIE
eg X1234567V
I did have to write email to them and that is what they replied with - my understanding is as of last month all bills will be on line ? I got an email to that effect .
I chose tarjeta de residencia then insert NIE then numbers .
https://www.movistar.es/mi-movistar/acceso

karinagal
01-01-2013, 22:51
Thanks JJ - I'll give that a try when I've had a good nights sleep... I'm running on fumes at the moment!! :D

820spain
02-01-2013, 11:42
Give Europa a call as they have 3mb ADSL with Free TV for 19.95€ + tax and I'm very happy with the price I now pay - with Telefonica before

karinagal
02-01-2013, 12:02
Give Europa a call as they have 3mb ADSL with Free TV for 19.95€ + tax and I'm very happy with the price I now pay - with Telefonica before

Unfortunately, Europa is not an option for me as I'm not willing to take a drop in download speed from 8 - 3... But thanks for the suggestion

820spain
02-01-2013, 12:29
I'm sure they have other ADSL speeds available at better prices than both DT & Telefonica as my neighbour was saying to me that he has 8mb and got a much better price than the one shown on their website – he screws everyone done to the last cent…

Suej
02-01-2013, 14:33
Unfortunately, Europa is not an option for me as I'm not willing to take a drop in download speed from 8 - 3... But thanks for the suggestion

Europa started cold calling me with their sales pitch and I didn't like that at all! I am also not willing to take such a drop in speed as I still get around 7mb and I run two laptops and the TV often all at the same time without any issues! not sure that would be the case with just 3mb It all depends on your needs I suppose! :)

820spain
02-01-2013, 15:21
I’ve just spoken to my neighbour and he is paying 24.95€ for 8mb and that includes a free wireless router, free calls to UK and free TV.

Suej
02-01-2013, 17:30
I’ve just spoken to my neighbour and he is paying 24.95€ for 8mb and that includes a free wireless router, free calls to UK and free TV.
Just out of interest do you know where has he got this deal! :)

820spain
02-01-2013, 18:44
He said he was asking for the best offer over their 3mb deal and they can back with this offer - if your looking at changing Internet provider it might be worth a call to them?

Suej
02-01-2013, 19:06
He said he was asking for the best offer over their 3mb deal and they can back with this offer - if your looking at changing Internet provider it might be worth a call to them?

Are you talking about Europa 820spain? and are all his calls to UK free?