PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Studio/1 bed apartment in south Tenerife from Jan 2013

Luz
30-12-2012, 17:21
:hello: Hola! I'm a young professional female moving to south Tenerife on 14th Jan 2013 for work, looking to rent long term (several months or longer if everything works out fine) a small studio or apartment walking distance from the beach front (for work, since I won't have a car) in Las Americas or Los Cristianos. I know Tenerife quite well, having lived there 3 months already and speak good Spanish. I've got a few options from the Spanish websites but hoping a kind person on here may have something within my budget! I can't afford more than around 400 Euros p/month at this stage. I will look after your property very well, and don't have any pets.

Thanks for your help!

Also; I'm estimating cost of living (Electricity,water,community cost,IBI (council tax) etc); if anyone can give me a rough number for 1 adult living in a small 'complex' apartment that would be very helpful! Is it still necessary to pay council tax on a rented studio?

Happy new year!!:o
Luz

JulieH
01-01-2013, 11:30
Hi Luz,

I too am going to be returning to the Island in February, I lived there for 8 years before - your rent includes all bills, not like the UK where you have to pay Council Tax and all that nonsense! That's why it's such a good life out there!

When you get there you will see lots of se Aquila signs and if you are confident with your Spanish you can just give them a call and you'll be moved in very quickly - they are of course the local landlords so you will be charged a decent rate.

There is a lady located in 'Chipeque' in Los Cristianos, she looks after a lot of apartments there and would be able to help you out.

Let me know how you get on.

I am returning to the Island with my baby girl (9 months), and I entent to split my time between there and here over the next year.

Best wishes,
Julie x

:hello: Hola! I'm a young professional female moving to south Tenerife on 14th Jan 2013 for work, looking to rent long term (several months or longer if everything works out fine) a small studio or apartment walking distance from the beach front (for work, since I won't have a car) in Las Americas or Los Cristianos. I know Tenerife quite well, having lived there 3 months already and speak good Spanish. I've got a few options from the Spanish websites but hoping a kind person on here may have something within my budget! I can't afford more than around 400 Euros p/month at this stage. I will look after your property very well, and don't have any pets.

Thanks for your help!

Also; I'm estimating cost of living (Electricity,water,community cost,IBI (council tax) etc); if anyone can give me a rough number for 1 adult living in a small 'complex' apartment that would be very helpful! Is it still necessary to pay council tax on a rented studio?

Happy new year!!:o
Luz

JulieH
06-01-2013, 10:26
Luz I am sorry but I may have mislead you - it looks as tho' things have moved on since my rental days and quite a few apartments have a cap on electric and water - or charge you. I am suprised nobody corrected me on here - ex-pats aren't normally so shy in telling someone things have changed!!! Anyway - good luck - there are loads of agents operating in the South now too, I've e-mailed at least 8. Let us know how you get on! Ju x