PDA

View Full Version : Other How can I trace my parcel that has been delivered to the wrong place?

specialk
30-12-2012, 21:04
I have had a parcel sent over from the uk and for some reason it was deliverd to a hotel not my place the reception have sent it away and no slip was left got no idea what i can do post office saying without slip they wont do anything anyone got any ideas there was a return address do they ever get sent back ? thanks.

TenerifeTeddy
30-12-2012, 21:16
Provided it has a return address It should be sent back to the UK as undeliverable in about a months time.

specialk
30-12-2012, 21:22
better than losing it i suppose

9PLUS
31-12-2012, 00:21
Slip or not do you have any tracking details

TenerifeTeddy
31-12-2012, 09:26
better than losing it i suppose

Three Christmases ago, we were waiting for about 6 packages that never arrived at the shop, both presents and goods. Towards the end of January, we got notifications from the different senders that they had all been returned as undeliverable. We have never had the problem before or since, and we think the postal system at that time just got swamped, so they just returned everything for a period to the point of origin. All the packages were re-sent and delivered successfully in February, but hey - this is Tenerife :)

KirstyJay
31-12-2012, 11:06
...and we think the postal system at that time just got swamped, so they just returned everything for a period to the point of origin...Sometimes, if your normal postman is on holiday the replacement may not know the area as well and items will get returned...

carpdaught1
31-12-2012, 12:24
well what happens to mail not delivered cards and letters not recieved yet other cards sent after do get delivered bloody frustrating

the_kat
31-12-2012, 14:13
I am having a similar problem, my Dad sent me a package with DHL on 18th December, Has been stuck in customs in Gran Canaria since the 20th December....no one can tell me why or when it might be delivered, if indeed it is still even there, no tracking updates since 26th! Ringing DHL everyday but they say it's out of their hands, tell me they will pass a note on to customs to contact me but they never do........Have no idea what to do about it, my Dad has spoken to DHL at his end, same story, nothing they can do.......How do you get in contact with Customs???!!

cainaries
31-12-2012, 16:23
I am having a similar problem, my Dad sent me a package with DHL on 18th December, Has been stuck in customs in Gran Canaria since the 20th December....no one can tell me why or when it might be delivered, if indeed it is still even there, no tracking updates since 26th! Ringing DHL everyday but they say it's out of their hands, tell me they will pass a note on to customs to contact me but they never do........Have no idea what to do about it, my Dad has spoken to DHL at his end, same story, nothing they can do.......How do you get in contact with Customs???!!

Just a thought ... how did your Dad pay? Can he tell DHL he is going to demand a refund from his card company since they have failed to keep track of the parcel? Have you tried ringing DHL's Head Office in Spain. You could try asking for a complaint form from your local DHL as well.

(I think the way these well known courier companies operate so badly in Spain is a disgrace, personally. Trouble is things get lost in the post as well at this time of year though it is usually more reliable).

ilyadis
31-12-2012, 16:51
COntact the Dhl office in Santa Cruz with your number then they will chase it for you..

casabonny
31-12-2012, 16:55
Customs will be waiting for your NIE number.Contact DHL in Santa Cruz and provide them with all the info, tracking number , sender details and your full details ie name, full address and NIE .They will find the parcel and thyen you will have to pay customs duty and about 24 euros to DHL for the privledge of receiving your parcel !

the_kat
01-01-2013, 12:53
Just a thought ... how did your Dad pay? Can he tell DHL he is going to demand a refund from his card company since they have failed to keep track of the parcel? Have you tried ringing DHL's Head Office in Spain. You could try asking for a complaint form from your local DHL as well.

(I think the way these well known courier companies operate so badly in Spain is a disgrace, personally. Trouble is things get lost in the post as well at this time of year though it is usually more reliable).

I think he probably paid cash, he has been onto DHL at his end, even sent a complaint to the CEO (who hasn't replied as yet) I am ringing DHL main office everyday, everyday they do the same thing, tell me it is in customs, I say I know that but why....they try to put me through to their customs department but they never pick up, so the DHL person I'm speaking to tells me they will pass on a note for someone in customs to call me as soon as possible, they never do.....

They have had my NIE number and have emailed them a scan of my passport, I even had to tell them the contents of the parcel, which I had to find out off my Dad somewhat spoiling the surprise of my xmas presents. And yes if and when I do eventually receive it I will have to pay about 100 euros duty for the privilege!!! I think the whole system is a joke! I know it's one of those things you just have to put up with living here, but can't help thinking that there must be an easier way of running things, if they made the red tape less complicated surely it would save millions in the long run??! :(

carpdaught1
01-01-2013, 13:45
the parcel i waited for sat in barcelona from 25th nov dhl were as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike they had all the info they needed then they sent it back to england

clara
01-01-2013, 14:08
My two large parcels were due on the 14th Dec and quickly went to France and then to Madrid and eventually Tenerife. Then they went back to Madrid?? and then back to Tenerife. They have had email scans of my passport. A daily phone call to DPD just says it will arrive in the next day or so.....still waiting.

the_kat
01-01-2013, 14:35
well feel marginally better knowing it's not just me having problems!

bonitatime
01-01-2013, 17:07
I hate DHL and would rather have my eyed stabbed out than use them. We had a package from China in October which sat who knows where 10 days on the island and only because I repeated complained to Madrid do I think I finally got the package.
One thing they did tell me is once it is on the island it is very unlikely to be returned as to reclear customs is almost impossible

bonitatime
01-01-2013, 17:08
Keep phoning it is the only way to get a result

cainaries
01-01-2013, 21:35
Where is the customs office the parcel is stuck at, do you know? In Tenerife, on the mainland, do they know? When I was waiting for a parcel about 18 months ago one representative of the courier company in Madrid told me they just post 'lies' on the tracking sites to stop people ringing them up! The parcel I had been told was in Tenerife for the previous 5 days she told me was still waiting customs clearance in Madrid. I never did get it, btw.

the_kat
02-01-2013, 10:14
Apparently it is in customs at Las Palmas Gran Canaria, but whether that is the case or not I have no idea. They have just rang me this morning for my NIE number AGAIN!! Alas when she was inputting it it was coming up as error??!!! She tried my passport number....same thing!! Now I am waiting for someone to call back............will this nightmare ever end.......:wall::wall::wall:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

hooray!! Tracking update telling me that clearance has been completed, hopefully that means it will be on it's way soon!!! My Dad received a reply from the CEO of DHL last night apologising profusely and said that he would get on the case asap....apparently he was true to his word!! Fingers crossed it arrives safely, yet to be seen how much this is going to cost...........:whistle: