PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport Where's the best place to buy a 2nd hand car in south Tenerife?

essexeddie
31-12-2012, 19:55
Where is the best place to buy a secondhand car in the South.

casabonny
31-12-2012, 21:29
I am biased but Motorworld have a very good selection and you always get a legal car put into your name no problem.

doingok
01-01-2013, 15:24
http://www.segundamano.es/coches-de-segunda-mano-sta-cruz-tenerife/?ca=38_s&w=1&th=1&od=1&q=&x=1&st=a

essexeddie
01-01-2013, 16:45
Yes I have been informed of Motorworld and have been in touch, their stock seems to be a bit limited though.
I am only after a cheap runabout for about 3.500€ but it has to be four doors with AC.
In the UK at the mo but will be back in a couple of weeks.

doingok
02-01-2013, 09:10
You well pay far more if you are buying for a garage then if you buy direct for the seller you will get a much better car for your cash if you know what you are looking for on the website i posted.

essexeddie
02-01-2013, 19:02
You well pay far more if you are buying for a garage then if you buy direct for the seller you will get a much better car for your cash if you know what you are looking for on the website i posted.

You are right, and thanks for that. I did see about four that I am interested in but not speaking Spanish I am a bit wary about buying private with all the registration that has to be done, if you can understand.
I am after a small car like a Fiat Punto for about €3000+ cash and would willingly pay someone to help me with the registration. Thats why a dealer is an option, not the best way to do it I know.

casabonny
02-01-2013, 21:13
A car may cost more from a dealer but you get assurances and guarantees that you do not get from a private seller. In our case you also have the guarantee that thecar you are buying is clear of debts and will be transferred into your name ( provided of course you are able to supply the correct paperwork ie in date passport , NIE or Residencia and an I date Cert of Empadronmiento) .
From a dealer you have premises to visit and normally get after service too. it is difficult to buy privately if you do not speak Spanish , one word of advise DONOT PART with any money until you have had the car checked for debts first, so many people buying privately are getting caught out just lately and even some dealers try to sell cars with embargos , the latest we have come accross is Taller Victoria in Las Chafiras trying to sell a car with an embargo of over 30,000 euros on it!

essexeddie
02-01-2013, 21:27
Thats exactley why I am wary of a private deal. In the UK you dont get debts like that apart from HP debts.
Perhaps exrentals might be an option for a deal.
But I will give Motorworld a look as I know someone who has had good service from them.

doingok
03-01-2013, 00:03
Will it will be worth getting someone on here to help you (yes at a cost nothing new there) but there is a place in LC that does the checks for you for 20 euros to check the car has not debt or outstanding payments on it.to change names look here (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?22563-Changing-names-over-on-a-car-in-Tenerife-is-very-easy-to-do) that will save you a bit of cash,all you need is the reg of the car to find out if anything is outstanding on it and taking to tarfico.
Good Luck

casabonny
03-01-2013, 17:34
Motorworld can do a car check and all transfer paperwork , contact Emma for details of prices etc .

doingok
03-01-2013, 21:48
Cheers but i can do it myself as i have done it befor

doingok
04-01-2013, 21:15
this link i have done should help in some way to change name at trafico plus all that you need to have to fill in Link (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?23095-Where-can-I-get-a-copy-of-a-car-contract-and-other-paper-work-to-take-to-trafico)

essexeddie
06-01-2013, 20:33
there is a place in LC that does the checks for you for 20 euros to check the car has not debt or outstanding payments on it.

Who and where are they?